Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
23,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Should be mentioned that Allesandro Moggi is involved! :facepalm:

Family rotten to the core.

Transfers involving these players are under investigation:
tra questi ci sono quelli dell'ex attaccante del Napoli Lavezzi e del centrocampista del Milan Nocerino, Immobile e Sculli. Altri accordi sotto la lente dei finanzieri riguardano le prestazioni di Mutu, Datolo, Pellicori, Tacchinardi, Perea, Molinaro, Stellini, Franceschini, Curiale, Danti, Innocenti, Calaiò, Bogdani, Liverani, Fernandez, Sforzini, Cozza, De Rose, Tavano, Chavez, Paletta, D'Agostino, Scarlato, Denis, Statella, Stendardo, Davì, Acosta, Fideleff, Paniagua, Cassetti, Jankulovski, Stankevicius, Oddo, Contini, Paro, Graffiedi, Dorlan, Arcari, Arce, Legrottaglie, Mora, Amodio, Fontanello, Foggia, Bryan, Battaglia, Botta, Aronica, Guzman e Campagnaro.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Should be mentioned that Allesandro Moggi is involved! :palm:

Family rotten to the core.
:howler: Of course he is.

·
Registered
45,352 Posts
Tax evasion in Italy isn't very scandalous, is it?
well, it is, no matter whether it's pretty common. I mean, no one who regularly pay taxes loves the ones who don't pay them, in particular when they are the rich ones. The problem is that when talking about football the people seem to forget the point, which is not whether my club is more honest than your club (the way I read in most of comments today), but whether the people who evaded taxes will get away with it or not.
Of course it is not a surprise to read the name "Moggi" in the list of people who are investigated.

·
Registered
7,786 Posts
Well this is well publicized, and it's the kind of scandal the struggling Serie A does not need. It'll be more of a stain on the reputation of the league as a whole, rather than any particular team. It'll be damaging for the league as a whole. The fact that Moggi had something to do with it does not surprise me.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Yes..but you can imagine the wages difference between the common person in USA and Italy. At least in other countries (Canada, England) you get some money back when you do taxes...here, you get nothing. So whats the point? The taxes are high enough as it is...where is the incentive?

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Thanks to governments, new taxes are invented. You've really twisted it if you think taxes are the cause of those who don't pay them.
That's not actually what he said. What he said was that people evading paying their taxes are at least partly responsible for new taxes & increased taxes for those that do pay taxes. Which is entirely separate from what you are saying.

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
That's not actually what he said. What he said was that people evading paying their taxes are at least partly responsible for new taxes & increased taxes for those that do pay taxes. Which is entirely separate from what you are saying.
He's misplacing the blame. Exactly like I said he was.

It's like a mamma antelope whose offspring was eaten by a lion blaming the surviving antelope because they were all faster than her offspring and got away. Blame the lion.

·
Registered
23,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

It's like a mamma antelope whose offspring was eaten by a lion blaming the surviving antelope because they were all faster than her offspring and got away. Blame the lion.
That analogy was really awful.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts

The lion doesn't provide health care & education to the antelope. Nor does it provide financial assistance for when the antelopes are out of work. Nor does it pay for the roads that the antelope travel on every day. And so forth.

Like Johan says, woeful analogy.

·
Registered
45,352 Posts
He's misplacing the blame.
Do you mean I should join you in supporting people who have yacht, Ferrari, Maserati, etc., pretend they have nothing and do not pay taxes? You say they have balls... I say they are dishonest. What kind of government can be created in a country in which the dishonest is considered one with the balls? :googly: A corrupt one of course! The biggest tax evaders are the friends of the politicians or the politicians themselves. So, do you blame them because they are politicians or support them as people who do not pay taxes?

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
Do you mean I should join you in supporting people who have yacht, Ferrari, Maserati, etc., pretend they have nothing and do not pay taxes? You say they have balls... I say they are dishonest. What kind of government can be created in a country in which the dishonest is considered one with the balls? :googly: A corrupt one of course! The biggest tax evaders are the friends of the politicians or the politicians themselves. So, do you blame them because they are politicians or support them as people who do not pay taxes?
As with anyone else I have ever met, I support some of their actions and don't support others.

And I'm sure that, once they catch all these tax-evading agents and players, they are going to cut everyone else's taxes.

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
The lion doesn't provide health care & education to the antelope. Nor does it provide financial assistance for when the antelopes are out of work. Nor does it pay for the roads that the antelope travel on every day. And so forth.

Like Johan says, woeful analogy.
Why stop there? I bet that if we put our heads together we could probably think of, hell, dozens of ways in which lions are not like government.

Of course, none of that has anything at all to do with what I said about misplacing blame.

Woeful analogy... lol

1 - 20 of 30 Posts