1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
195 Posts
Greek football is currently blessed with very good Central defenders

·
Registered
615 Posts
Yes, we do have many good defenders (we only lack a class left back---but Lagos...is promising)
Do u believe Taularidis deserves to be on NT? I havent really seen him since he left Iraklis, so I dont know--but heard he's doing good!!

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I don't see why he is not at least tried out, or used for a sub.

Surely he is better than Goumas. And we have so many good CB like Redhot said, I don't like it when Katsourani is in there.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
The few times I've seen him for Lille he was very solid, so it means that he has improved since he left Greece (when he was really crap). But he's not better than Goumas and he's still young, so after WC 2006 he will get his chance.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Well I never have seen him play so I cant comment on whos better than who. But I think based on what Ive heard he deserves a call-up for friendly so he can get the chance to train with the team and Otto can see first hand if he can offer anything to the team.

·
Registered
377 Posts
He is Dellas' replacement.

Every time I have seen him, he is very solid.

I hope he is brought into the team soon, if not to play, just to get to know the players and learn the tactics.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
We dont really need him though at the moment....
He will probably get a call in some friendly, but most likely after the world cup (If we get in) once Dellas inevitably retires.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Dellas will not be the one retiring after the WC. He's like 30 now so he has few years in him still. Kapsis is the one who will be gone and his replacement is probably going to be Kirgiakos, not Tavlaridis. But there are options in defence...

I'm mostly worried about the goalkeeper issue. Nikopolidis is old and Chalkias and Katergiannakis (who're currently #2 and #3 respectivelly) are simply not options. I hope a young goalkeeper like Abaris, Giannou or Sifakis steps up or we're really screwed...

·
Banned
195 Posts
Thrylos said:
He is Dellas' replacement.

Every time I have seen him, he is very solid.

Solid!!!!....lol...Are you on msn messenger again ?

As for Tavlaridis, I dont think he will be Dellas's replacement. Kapsis is older than Dellas, he will retire before him.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Dellas will not be the one retiring after the WC. He's like 30 now so he has few years in him still. Kapsis is the one who will be gone and his replacement is probably going to be Kirgiakos, not Tavlaridis. But there are options in defence...
Hey you never know....

I'm mostly worried about the goalkeeper issue. Nikopolidis is old and Chalkias and Katergiannakis (who're currently #2 and #3 respectivelly) are simply not options. I hope a young goalkeeper like Abaris, Giannou or Sifakis steps up or we're really screwed...
Your right about this, we have absoloutly nothing in the back, but i have faith someone will come around soon.

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Theres no guarantee Kapsis will retire before dellas.Kapsis is really in amazing condition,massive biceps lol.He could play until 35 if he wants

1 - 13 of 13 Posts