Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During Jozic's recent visit to Germany to view the Bayern-Wolfsburg match, a discussion arose over the possibility of Filip Tapalovic getting the call for the Bulgaria match. It's an interesting possibility, since Tapalovic is a regular for Suker's team Bayern 1860, unlike other bigger names that are warming the bench.

Again the debate whether to bring guys that are regulars like Maric, Simunic, Tapalovic in the Bundesliga, or go with higher profile players.

http://sport.iskon.hr/hr/vijesti/959166.html

·
International
8,545 Posts
I'm not too familiar with Tapalovic myself, but any player who's playing well shoud be given proper consideration, regardless of their "stature."

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
Granted IVO.

But our very own Jarni has not played much of late and Stanic was in the same position a few months ago. Now Stanic is playing as we all know he can and give Jarni some minutes and he'll be his old self again.

With players like that stature has to count for something.

The trick is......

how much?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree with the angle on Stanic because he is still relatively young. Jarni, however, is not. And his position and role are dependent on his speed. He used to be one of the fastest in the world, but age has slowed him down. I question whether he can still be effective.

·
International
8,545 Posts
Sure their stature does count, I'm just saying that players like Tapalovic should be given consideration, despite their lack of stature.

We can get one of these players who are really hot in time for the WC. They might not ever reach that level of play again, but for that one WC, they can help a lot.

As far as Jarni goes, I can't believe he hasn't found a club yet. This is getting ridiculous and if he doesn't lower his wage demands, he's gonna have one hell of a difficult time getting back in shape for the WC.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know what you're saying. I'm all for taking a couple of hot players. And I think Jozic feels the same way. Blazevic would never have considered taking anyone but his own favorites.

Jarni is making me nauseous. Is it the money that's holding it back? I was pissed when that move to Man. City fell through. At this rate, I don't want him playing one minute for the team. He wasn't even that impressive in qualifying. Sure, I wish he was in great form and would take him in a minute if he was. Sad fact is he brought this on himself. Even Suker got smart.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
plus, stanic was actually plagued by minor injuries, which is why he didnt play... he is awesome player otherwise...

How can players be of "high stature" , if we dont give them the chance to become one?

If Jarni doesnt want to play, then sorry dude... we will all miss you... it seems like in every club he ever played, he encountered money issues (hajduk, las palmas, and now looing for new team). Reason that he doesnt play for las palmas is NOT that he was out of favour but because they had arguments over the money.

·
International
8,545 Posts
That's why the deal feel through in Germany, can't remember which team.

If Jarni does want to play at the WC, he's doing a good job of hiding it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts