1 - 20 of 189 Posts

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inter accused of tapping up Arsenal's Hleb
By Vicki Hodges
Last Updated: 11:04am GMT 19/03/2008

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is considering whether to report Inter Milan to Uefa for an alleged approach for midfielder Alexander Hleb.
Telegraph TV: Premier and Football League highlights

Hleb is thought to have left Arsenal's hotel room the evening before their Champions League last 16 second leg tie against AC Milan a fortnight ago to meet with representatives from the Italian side's rivals to discuss a potential move in the summer.
Back to business: Hleb shone for Arsenal against Milan

It is claimed the Belarus international left the Melia Felix Hotel with the agent Claudio Vigorelli, who is an associate of international agent Vincenzo Morabito, a director of the leading English agency First Artist.

Wenger has since been made aware of the meeting and is deciding whether to report the Italian giants for tapping up the 26-year-old who is under contract at the Emirates until 2010.

Inter have long been admirers of the former Stuttgart midfielder and, while Morabito has admitted that Hleb did share a taxi with Vigorelli, he has refuted claims that the player held talks regarding a move to the San Siro.

"It's true that Hleb saw Vigorelli and they went out from the Melia Felix but it's not true that they went to talk to Inter Milan," said Morabito.
advertisement

"They went for an ice-cream. We are sorry that Mr Wenger took it badly and complained because we have a good relationship with him."

Even if talks were innocent, Wenger is unlikely to be pleased by Hleb's decision to meet with one of the club's major power-brokers on the eve of Arsenal's huge match against Inter's rivals.

Hleb, however, went on to turn in a star performance in Arsenal's 2-0 win at the San Siro which set-up a last eight meeting with Liverpool.

It is not the first time Hleb has been caught in a tapping-up row having held a secret meeting with Hamburg director Michael Schroeder at a London restaurant in Feb 2006.

Wenger dismissed the rumours and said that Hleb and Schroeder had met through Hleb's younger brother, Vyacheslav, who used to play for the German side.

Telegraph ==============================================

He went for an ice-cream :howler:,

If he did meet Branca conveniently in milano, it also meant that he has a desire to do so. Apparently he did not and only met with the International Agent. Thats Agents job!!!

But as a player, i think he is very good.

Tap him Tap him !!!

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Very strange story though, Hleb is a quality player but I hope more quality players follow instead of him only coming as our centenary year signing.

Its funny this happended to Arsenal before, I gues they had it coming them tapping up all those younger players........

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Did the article say what flavor he decided to get? I love cookie dough

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Inter denies meeting with Hleb
Wednesday, 19 March 2008 14:37:29

MILANO- With regard to yesterday's report in La Stampa newspaper and today's articles in the British press, carried also by Italian news agencies, F.C. Internazionale denies having met with the player Alexander Hleb, and has received no letter of complaint from Arsenal.

official site.

·
Registered
23,834 Posts
Oh no! Our website turned into acmilan.com now? All because the dude wanted some ice-cream... :moan:

Man, I can't wait for spring. Then I shall have myself some ice-cream! :happy:

Vanilla please! :lick:

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wenger said: "I was concerned and I didn't like that it happened.

"If the agent came to the team hotel then he should have asked me for permission to see the players. You cannot just see the players like that.

"All the rest we will keep secret.

"But Italy is well known for having good ice cream!"

Arsenal-mania =========================================

Wenger, still at it...... Grumbles and at the same time wanting to keep it secret :googly:., I guess he is not sure..

·
Registered
59,757 Posts
"But Italy is well known for having good ice cream!"
That I vouch for.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Report: Nerazzurri snatch Hleb Saturday 12 April, 2008

Reports in the Italian media maintain Inter have agreed a five-year contract with Arsenal’s Alexander Hleb and £11m transfer.

While Barcelona among others were also interested in making a bid for the Belarus international, the newspapers in the peninsula insist there is only one winner.

Inter are said to have agreed a five-year contract with Hleb worth almost £2m per season plus a £11m transfer fee to the Gunners.

He is earmarked as the ideal replacement for Luis Figo, who is set to leave the club at the end of this term.

Figo had originally planned to retire and work as a director, but there is talk he has instead decided to keep going and end his career in America before training to be a Coach in Portugal.

Candidates for Figo’s position in the team had included Deco, but Inter considered the Barcelona midfielder to be too old for the ‘new’ Nerazzurri.

C4 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Italian Ice Cream did the job to convince him it seems ;)

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Done deal. Inter agreed to terms months ago and Hleb has been pining for a move to their club for 5+ years.

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
if you get him, wow. fantastic move, I would have love to see him in red and black
from a more xt standpoint , your forum will lack the: "I want to see stankovic die slowly" posts :D

pity

·
Administrator
52,972 Posts
I think its standard BS (doesnt mention anything, just speculates of Inter needing him like anyone can), dont see it happening.

Maybe is the work of spin doctors as a medial counter measure for Milan getting attention for Ronaldinho deal.

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
so what even if he was an Inter fan back then? Everyone is a fool when he's a kid :pp

EDIT: infact I used to have a soft spot for Inter/Vieri few years back too ...but then i met Haroon :D

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Awesome but it is not true. Arsene Wenger is too much of a spoiled brat nowadays to let something like this happen.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Hleb can be placed on either wing and provide the push that Figo used to give us. He's a fantastic dribbler, has good vision, and is way better than any of our midfield options in terms of creativity. I would be delighted with this signing. Of course, I don't think he should be our AM or CM, but he's an excellent winger IMO.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Did you post the same exact thing in FI? I quite remember reading this exactly just about ten min ago :tongue:

1 - 20 of 189 Posts