Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parma President Stefano Tanzi and the entire Board of Directors has resigned, but there is a ray of hope to save the club.

The Tanzi family own 98 per cent of the shares in AC Parma and are currently under investigation for the massive financial fraud scandal at dairy giants Parmalat.

Although Stefano Tanzi has resigned in today’s shareholders’ meeting, along with his sister Francesco and cousins Paolo Tanzi and Alessandro Chiesi, that decision will only be made effective from next Wednesday.

The reason for this is that negotiations are reportedly in place to sell the football club to a Private Equity fund made up of several local businessmen, including fellow food giants Barilla.

Wednesday January 14 will also see the final Board of Directors meeting headed by Tanzi.

It emerged that during today’s emergency meeting new paperwork from Brazil has given the side a lifeline.

Parmalat currently owe the club £82m and this will be translated into capital to avoid bankruptcy.

AC Parma have debts of £53m as of June 2003 and must increase the capital or face insolvency.

Meanwhile, Coach Cesare Prandelli has commented bitterly on the news that Government Ministers are urging Parma to sell three top stars immediately.

“We are in an iron grip when the Government decides your transfer policy,” said the tactician.

It is now believed that the first three to be sold will be Adriano – who is already half-owned by Inter – Aimo Diana and Emiliano Bonazzoli.

The last two players are currently out on loan to Sampdoria and Reggina respectively, so these clubs will merely complete the signings.

This will enable them to maintain the squad strength, especially if Inter agree to leave Adriano at the Tardini until the end of the season.

“We are waiting to find a leader in this mess,” continued Prandelli (pictured), “but it is clear that in this situation it becomes difficult to concentrate on football.”

“We are nonetheless convinced that we can keep going and take it one day at a time. This is what the fans must also do, because this team is an integral part of the city.”

Finally some great news!

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Feel sorry for all Parma fans, sincerly hope that the Private Equity buy will go ahead

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Good riddance Tanzi:happy:

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This has been my dream for a long time now..I am a happy man...:proud:

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
been following you guys for some time so know what it means to u people... CONGRATS YA ALL
:D

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
husain_14 said:
been following you guys for some time so know what it means to u people... CONGRATS YA ALL
:D
Thanks!:eek:

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
If Sacchi does become President...Can he cope is the question...hehe...I don't think it will take long for him to start becoming a pill-popper dependent on Valium. :D

IMHO Baraldi should be made president...the guy has vision...he knows the in's and out's of planning a club both financially and on the pitch as well as having things set for the future. Plus Baraldi is looking to be at the top somewhere it's either he is at the top of Parma or somewhere else in the Italian football upper levels of power and decision making.

:)

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
GaGa said:
If Sacchi does become President...Can he cope is the question...hehe...I don't think it will take long for him to start becoming a pill-popper dependent on Valium. :D

IMHO Baraldi should be made president...the guy has vision...he knows the in's and out's of planning a club both financially and on the pitch as well as having things set for the future. Plus Baraldi is looking to be at the top somewhere it's either he is at the top of Parma or somewhere else in the Italian football upper levels of power and decision making.

:)
As a president Sacchi will not have do to so much. Its not like he has to travel to watch young prospects all the time. I belive it can be turned out good because he will be the one appointing staff. He showed great vision when hiring Prandelli :)

I would like to have Sacchi as President and Baraldi as general Director.

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
But I am little worried. Baraldi seems to switch teams often. I hope this is a long-term plan from his side. Or else we can have someone else taking that place. What we need right now is a long-term plan and Baraldi is the best we can get.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Making Baraldi president though I think would curb his ambition of being at the top somewhere else. :)

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Amiumtaur said:
Don't let the door hit you on the way out asshole.
:D :tongue:

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Amiumtaur said:
Don't let the door hit you on the way out asshole.
No no no! Let it concuss you severly on the way out:tongue:

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Amiumtaur said:
:D! Tanzi is gonna be someone's bitch in prison now.
I would like to be in that prison right now...:cool: Would beat the hell of him!

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Shero said:
I would like to be in that prison right now...:cool:
OK, you have no idea how gay that sounds:DQ

1 - 20 of 35 Posts