Xtratime Community banner

841 - 860 of 872 Posts

·
Registered
57,318 Posts
then players are idiots, with WBA in NB2 is same like playing for al-Wahda in a desert, all the camel dollars from sand are surely intriguing too

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
I'm in the Vanarama National League South (hatodosztály, megyei foci) in FM18, which do you think intrigues me more:

-EL foci
-PL foci

You'll never guess!

·
Registered
57,318 Posts
don’t know about you but prestige wise, it’s

Eurofoci >>>>>>>> angol „foci“

back to topic, he should rather go to ambitious teams like Benfica, Marseille, Schalke for example not doing a DZs7 job and go to some no name team from lower league only for the cash where he would be totally off the radar for the NT too

·
Registered
10,119 Posts
Btw, did you know Kádár was a millionaire before he played a first team game for Newcastle?

He already had sports cars, luxury home, jewellery etc.

Makes ya think! No wonder our players lose their edge at 22.
Was he, Newcastle reserves payed that well then?:eek: If so why don't far better players lose their edge at 22?

If this happens it will be Bogdán all over again!
Surely going to Liverpool can't be compared to a yo yo club fighting relegation.

Not so sure about this, just he's one of the few we have who may have a shot at playing in a real league.

·
Registered
10,119 Posts
don’t know about you but prestige wise, it’s

Eurofoci >>>>>>>> angol „foci“

back to topic, he should rather go to ambitious teams like Benfica, Marseille, Schalke for example not doing a DZs7 job and go to some no name team from lower league only for the cash where he would be totally off the radar for the NT too
WBA is no name compared to top angol teams, but it might as well be Man City compared to where Juji plays:D Which brings me to my next point...when you're Hungary there's almost no such thing as off the radar for the NT. Even if there is, angol1 or 2 ain't it:)

·
Registered
79,615 Posts
Was he, Newcastle reserves payed that well then?:eek: If so why don't far better players lose their edge at 22?
He technically wasn't a reserve. He signed full pro where he gets signing on fee, house and car.

I dunno other players from Hungary paid that much before they played in the first team.

Can only think of Welbeck. He's not magyar but very working class.

Btw, £1m was worth around $2m near to them times. I sent £40,000 to USA IN 2006 and it turned into over $80,000.

Surely going to Liverpool can't be compared to a yo yo club fighting relegation.

Not so sure about this, just he's one of the few we have who may have a shot at playing in a real league.
When did I compare the clubs? I did no such thing.

I compared his chances of playing. I'll try again.... LB, no chance. CB no chance unless Evans leaves. Then it'll be 2 inexperienced CB. Which will be suicide... Pardew will be dumb to do it.

Hegazi and Kádár are similar players. Maybe it's a backup for him?

Either way...he doesn't play. If he does WBA will lose by big margins every week. He'll never get a decent club again!

·
Registered
10,119 Posts
When did I compare the clubs? I did no such thing.

I compared his chances of playing. I'll try again.... LB, no chance. CB no chance unless Evans leaves. Then it'll be 2 inexperienced CB. Which will be suicide... Pardew will be dumb to do it.

Hegazi and Kádár are similar players. Maybe it's a backup for him?

Either way...he doesn't play. If he does WBA will lose by big margins every week. He'll never get a decent club again!
Didn't, you're right. Although surely level of club has quite a bit to do with his chance at playing time. Doesn't seem so absurd he could play at such a club, while with Bogdan at Liverpool it seems exactly that.

Think of him as an exception to the magyar focista rule. Most would've went back to NB1 from Newcastle and just disappeared, never to be heard from again. He built himself back up:thumbsup:

·
Registered
79,615 Posts
I don't think Polish and Ukraine are huge leaps :)

Our players mainly go to Western clubs on NT performance or euro leagues. It could be the case Nikolics went to US.

·
Registered
10,119 Posts
Didn't say Polish and Ukraine are huge leaps but at least they're going in the right direction. Magyars only go in the wrong direction:) Dynamo Kyiv isn't big overall, but for a magyar its pretty good.

·
Registered
57,318 Posts
WBA is no name compared to top angol teams, but it might as well be Man City compared to where Juji plays:D Which brings me to my next point...when you're Hungary there's almost no such thing as off the radar for the NT. Even if there is, angol1 or 2 ain't it:)
Kádár luckily isn‘t in Hungary but in a team with international pedigree still playing for an international title both of which WBA surely isn‘t

why do a typical magyar thing and go two steps back szakmailag just for some quick bucks?

Dzs7 move from PSV to Anzsi was about the same as Kádi from DK to WBA if that happens

·
Registered
10,119 Posts
Kádár luckily isn‘t in Hungary but in a team with international pedigree still playing for an international title both of which WBA surely isn‘t

why do a typical magyar thing and go two steps back szakmailag just for some quick bucks?

Dzs7 move from PSV to Anzsi was about the same as Kádi from DK to WBA if that happens
Is that really the same thing? Seems like the opposite. WBA is in one of the top leagues (and has been for a little while now), which Anzsi isn't. If Juji was moving to a better league, it wasn't by that much. The step up from Ukrainian to English NB1 is a far bigger jump.

I'm not saying he should do it, but worth a consideration. He is 27. Yes, luckily he got out of Hungary asap after going back:thumbsup: Most would just die there:(

·
Registered
79,615 Posts

It's the first thing they want. A transfer out of Hungary before they become too old! Remember Várhidi picked only youth and players in teams outside Hungary. 15 out of the keret were all abroad in reserve and youth teams. Kádár though was a pro signing really 1m.

You touched on it earlier, there is no infrastructure. Money wasted on stadiums and now they're empty.

I said all the money on euro bids and stadiums should be spent on academies. Not just in name.

One thought I just had is only 3 players over 23 allowed in nb1. Unless they were trained in the club's academy.

Players also need to get fitter. Perhaps wages fines if the drop a level?

·
Registered
79,615 Posts
Is that really the same thing? Seems like the opposite.

It the wrong move. Both going/went somewhere which doesn't fit.

I nice club in Holland always works well for us. They don't have wrestlers in their league. It technical ability that wins games.

Having said all this. If Evans stays at WBA and Hegazi went it might be ok. But the scenario is doubtful.

Every player knows his level. Morata turned down Spuds because of the competition with Kane.

·
Registered
10,119 Posts
Euro bids the most pointless of all. New stadiums second most pointless:)

We have academies, more than we know what to do with (besides take government money they don't deserve). Just still eredménytelen players.

3 players over 23 allowed in nb1, unless they were trained in the club's academy. Would be interesting to see:thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,119 Posts

I nice club in Holland always works well for us. They don't have wrestlers in their league. It technical ability that wins games.

Having said all this. If Evans stays at WBA and Hegazi went it might be ok. But the scenario is doubtful.

Every player knows his level. Morata turned down Spuds because of the competition with Kane.
It might be the wrong move. So the question is what does Tomi think his level is. Even Németh K's mighty technical ability couldn't work it's way up to a top team in the Eredivisie (which I thought he would):(

Recall someone here saying Lipták didn't know his level, thought was much better than actually was:)

·
Registered
57,318 Posts
Ajax, Anderlecht, Marseille, Benfica, Porto, Schalke, maybe Vigo

that would be his level and szakmailag an upgrade also most of which with pretty sure Eurofoci beyond group stage participation

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
WBA still in the running for Euro foci though the Wood Cup. They're playing hubcaps though.
Tbf I don't think they care much about eurofoci right now, they just wanna stay up.

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
It's the first thing they want. A transfer out of Hungary before they become too old! Remember Várhidi picked only youth and players in teams outside Hungary. 15 out of the keret were all abroad in reserve and youth teams. Kádár though was a pro signing really 1m.

You touched on it earlier, there is no infrastructure. Money wasted on stadiums and now they're empty.

I said all the money on euro bids and stadiums should be spent on academies. Not just in name.

One thought I just had is only 3 players over 23 allowed in nb1. Unless they were trained in the club's academy.

Players also need to get fitter. Perhaps wages fines if the drop a level?
Good thought but most NB1 clubs still don't even measure their players' fitness. Not even after Storck's agitation. :facepalm:

·
Registered
5,303 Posts

that last bit was the funniest thing I've read in 2018 so far! :D

841 - 860 of 872 Posts