Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I was watching the Dutch TV channels to see some updates and news about the "Azzurri". What I then saw made me sick. In several TV shows/sports programs the Italians were laughed at in a horrible way. Commentators made fun of them for the new squad-shirts that they are wearing. They said that these shirts were only designed to attract women to watch soccer as well. That the players liked to be found attractive. They critisized the way the "Azzurri" look. They pictured Nesta, Cannavaro, Totti, Maldini, Inzaghi and Fiore as vain persons, laughed at their hair-ribbons and joked that the Italian team would be having hairdriers in their personal bags, together with extra hairlotion, face-cream, etc. As a Dutch citizen myself (unfortunately), I was very ashamed to see how ridiculous the Dutch TV went into all this. I mean, honestly, what are we talking about here ?

More than ever, I pray that God will be on our side tomorrow night.

And I'll turn to the Belgium TV as of now on. Because the Dutch.... they really are disgusting !

The Miss

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Don't you listen to the miss(he or her? confused?)
this is not tru Ron Zwerver a famous Volleyball player that played in Italy for 6 years only said that italian players were Proude of them selve and want to look good, about the hairspray this it was not negative, it was more said that iTalian players use it in a funny way...

And you Missey are are exadurating it was not all that negative and funny at all...

As for the Belgium TV it's ok i agree, at least better that Barend &v dorp...

Are you from Holland miss?
so you are saying you are disgusting???

Let the play speak for itself tommorow night,
and remember Collina will always be with us...

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I no what you mean! It has been annoying me for the past couple of days as well!
Anyways, just try to see it this way.... They probably are suffering from a huge complex of MINORITY!

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
That is the media for you..ON alot of sites you should hear how the DUTCH players praise the italians..
I think the only reason why is Italy's reputation..Throughout this euro2000 it has not been impressive but they are wining..
I think they are all jealous!!

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Man!

Speaking about the media and their treatment to the italians, you should hear what the commentators for bbc said. When Nest was pointing to his nose on the game against romania, one of the commentator said nesta probably worried what's going to happen to his nose, what's going to happen to his good look.
and the it happen again, one of the commentator said the italians are the cleanest team in the championship with 3 yellow cards (that after albertini was yellow-carded), and one of them commented the italians are also the cutest looking team in championship.
trust me, at that time, i was wondering does the british commentators have anything else to say?
ciao!

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
It still seems as though commentators do not give the Italian national team any credit..
Because of their stlye of play..
These british announcers are probably still pissed about England making it..

The funny thing is if/when italy wins Euro they will probably shoot them down as well.
Media is media that is what they do!

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Listen

Don't waste your time on the English or the Dutch teh Spanish or the Germans. All the people critisizing the Italians all year are now gonna sit and watch us play the only team that has maximum respect from and towards us and that is the French.

All the other ultra-attacking teams like Spain and England have long since handed in the towel.

Obviously its gonna take a collosal effort tto defeat the French especially after the epic clash with the Dutch but there is absolutely no shame inlosing to the French. Absolutely none.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
I don't particulary like the new tops. They look like rash vests. For those of you who don't know what they are, surfers wear them under their wetsuits. I have one myself. But to bag the players over their hair and appearance. I think Holland are just cut because they haven't got the cool players like Italy. Nesta, Cannavaro, Zambrotta, Maldini, Fiore, Totti and Del Piero are known to the girls for their looks. Don't forget Vieri as well, he is just missing from the squad. Holland's coolest player is Davids and thats because of his hair and glasses. It makes no difference now, Italy bet Holland anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts