Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well well, guess who came out to say former israel coach Grant isnt up to jose standards and he wouldnt have signed if he knew grant would take over? none other than former israeli international who played under grant Tal Ben Haim!! :D god if his compatriot feels like thatthen what would carvalho say!!

Grant defiant as vultures begin to circle
Chelsea boss Avram Grant is adamant he will still be in charge of the Premier League club next season - and has never been put under any pressure to win silverware.

Grant was vilified by the fans after the club's 1-1 draw with Wigan on Monday night effectively banished their title ambitions for another season.

Chelsea are five points adrift of Manchester United at the top of the Premier and their chances will disappear all together if they fail to beat Everton at Goodison Park.

'We feel pressure all the time but it is a good pressure - I don't want to live without this pressure,' he said.

'We are still fighting and will continue fighting even if the chances have been against us from day one.

'If the club is not happy with me tomorrow or 10 years from now it is okay. It is a good relationship and that is what it needs to be.

'I need to do my job for Chelsea and that is what is important.

'Nobody told me I had to win a trophy this season but I want to win one. Most of the fans respect what we did for them and we respect what they did for us.

'We took a lot of points with so many injured players and with so many problems. But there was a good spirit shown by the team. The fans are like us, sometimes we are disappointed also. But most of the time we did a good job.

'I was at the game against Rosenborg earlier this season and heard the booing at half-time - I had never heard that before. But most of the time the fans are behind us. You cannot win every game and I think they know it.'

Grant understandably refused to put names in the frame for the club's summer transfer business but is clearly planning to raid Europe and match the spending of their English rivals.

'We know the vision of the club and the money won't be a problem if we find good players to bring here,' Grant said.

'So you could say £80 million or £100 million but we don't have the advantage that we had two or three years ago.

'We know that Manchester United will spend a lot of money and Arsenal will buy a few players as well as Liverpool. We will do the same. We want to improve.'

Grant's preparation for their 'must-win' clash against Everton has been hampered further by an astonishing outburst from Israeli defender Tal Ben Haim.

The centre-back was alleged to have said that he would have signed for another club if he had known that Jose Mourinho was to be axed and Grant put in charge.

The comments could earn Ben Haim a club fine unless he can produce an explanation.

'It is an internal matter and we will deal with it like this - we know we need to hear from the player first if it is true or not,' Grant said.

'I don't think Jose promised Tal Ben-Haim that he would play before John Terry, Ricardo Carvalho and Alex but maybe yes. I will ask Tal.

'It is internal business but in my opinion if the player was wrong we need to deal with it in my way.'

Grant could also be without two key players as striker Didier Drogba is struggling with a knee injury and Frank Lampard remains on compassionate leave after his mother fell ill.

Grant confirmed that Lampard had missed training this week to remain with his family and with the squad flying to Merseyside on Wednesday afternoon, Lampard is unlikely to figure in his plans.

'It is a personal matter with Frank,' Grant added. 'I tell the players all the time that football is very important but sometimes there are things that need to be taken care of. This is more important and I understand that. I hope everything will be okay.

'Frank has not been training he has been at hospital with his mum. I know the feeling and it is not good.

'Drogba didn't train on Tuesday but he is doing everything to be available for us as soon as possible.'

·
0-1, Huth.
6,070 Posts
I don't quite understand why Grant is being disrespected so much from the media, fans and now players. He doesn't deserve it. Bizarre.

·
Premium Member
17,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cold, uncharismatic and incompetent?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Grant hits back at barrage of criticism
By Glenn Moore
Thursday, 17 April 2008
An afternoon with Avram Grant brings to mind Howard Wilkinson's lament, "If I'm ever reincarnated I'd like to come back as a personality."
Wilkinson, the last English manager to win the league title, with Leeds in 1993, was aggrieved that his achievements were downplayed compared to managers with more media-friendly natures.
Grant could be forgiven for feeling the same. The oft-derided manager takes his team to Everton tonight knowing he will be freshly lampooned if they fail to repeat January's League Cup victory at Goodison Park. This is despite Chelsea being the only team other than Manchester United to average more than two points a game since he became manager on 20 September. Moreover, Grant's 2.37 points-per-game ratio is superior to Jose Mourinho's in the 121 league matches the Portuguese was in charge at Stamford Bridge.
Even without being armed with these statistics Grant did his best to cut a defiant note yesterday. He argued he had done better than anyone, even, somewhat incongruously, Gordon Brown, could have imagined since he took over. He claimed his rebuilding task was more difficult than it was for Mourinho as Chelsea no longer have the financial dominance of three years ago. And he ridiculed Tal Ben Haim, his compatriot, who became the first Chelsea player to publicly disparage Grant yesterday.
The defender, signed this summer on a free transfer from Bolton, said: "Jose Mourinho is the reason I came to Chelsea and if I knew Avram Grant was going to be the coach then I would have signed for another club. I knew that nothing good would come with Grant as Chelsea coach."
Ben Haim's comments may be explained by the fact he has made one League start , at Derby in November, in six months. Grant's response was withering: "I don't think Jose promised Ben Haim he will play before John Terry, Carvalho and Alex. But maybe he did. I do not know. I will ask."
He was equally dismissive of the embarrassing revelation , for the club, that Chelseafc.com columnist and much-loved former player Pat Nevin had told the BBC he would be neither "surprised or devastated" if Frank Rijkaard was Chelsea manager next season.
"Every week I hear a coach connected to Chelsea," said Grant. "It was the same last year [when Mourinho was manager]. It happens. I'm just concentrating on my job and have every confidence in what we're doing. I think we did a great job, and anyone who's a reasonable man will tell you the same.
"When I received the team I don't think anyone, including the Prime Minister of England, could see us in the position we were in [prior to Monday's draw with Wigan] and are still. We are still fighting."
Grant said that no one had told him he had to win a trophy this year to keep his job, adding he and Roman Abramovich had been discussing the future , short-term and long, and potential signings. However, he said, "the advantage that we had two to three years ago when all the big clubs in Europe did not have money, including Man United, Liverpool, Barcelona and Real Madrid, has gone. Money was not the issue here. Three years ago when a player was big money, he was ours. Now it has changed."
None of this will cut much ice with the man in the opposing dugout tonight, David Moyes, whose keenly-priced, over-achieving squad is showing signs of exhaustion in the run-in. Grant is likely to be without Frank Lampard, who is at his mother's hospital bedside, and Didier Drogba, whose knee injury remains troublesome, but Michael Essien and Nicolas Anelka are the understudies. Everton, already missing Tim Cahill, expect to be without Mikael Arteta (groin) and Leon Osman (ankle). Their replacements, as in Saturday's draw at Birmingham, should be Tony Hibbert (with Phil Neville moving to midfield) and Manuel Fernandes.
Moyes, who accepted that Everton are now playing to hold on to fifth spot, was generous about Grant's work this season. "He has done a good, steady job. It is very hard to overhaul Manchester United, they have been at the top for years and years. For a new manager to come in and achieve that sort of success in one swoop is not easy."

·
Registered
915 Posts
I thought Grant's retort to TBH antagonism hilarious...."I don't think Jose promised Ben Haim he will play before John Terry, Carvalho and Alex. But maybe he did. I do not know. I will ask." :dielaugh:

I think all those who support Chelsea need to maintain their cool until this season is over, most of all the fricken players.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
well well, guess who came out to say former israel coach Grant isnt up to jose standards and he wouldnt have signed if he knew grant would take over? none other than former israeli international who played under grant Tal Ben Haim!! :D god if his compatriot feels like thatthen what would carvalho say!!
'

I don't know if youc an call TBH and compatriot, these two have always disliked one another. TBH had arguements with Grant on the NT as well...i was one who was very opposed to Grant being Chelsea's manager (and my opinion has always disregarded where the manager is from, as it should be) but I think he's doing a very good job with chelsea considering the circumstances. Hope he stays

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
What good job is he doing exactly? Lost the CC final, lost the FA semi final to a bottom league side, premiership looks like is gone, and we are at the semi finals of the CL, where we might be going out. Jose Mourinho done the same, however he won us the CC and the FA, got us into the second place of the Premiership and semifinals of CL, but apparently he wasn't doing a good job.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Mourinho got the sack because he was dragging your club through the mud and that had to change, Grant was never given a chance by your fans or the media, from day one they were all praying he made mistakes, the Arsenal game just about encapsulates hof fickle and ridiculous the fans at the Bridge are.

the good thing is you are probably the only club where fan pressure counts for nothing, because your owner can afford to cut off his nose to spite his face. :D

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Stop hating on Grant just because he's Israeli :rolleyes:...The bottom line is that he's helping your team out...and regardless of whether he's doing a great job or not, he doesn't deserve to be over criticized :wallbang:
next thing any criticism of Grant is anti-semitic :dielaugh:

Grant was never up to the job and everyone knows that. He got the job because he is close friend of Roman. At the announcement, Kenyon did not even have audacity to claim that Chelsea have appointed a top manager.

Grant will not be sacked, but given a transfer budget unseen before in English football to try a lure the top names to Stamford Bridge. Unfortunately, Grant's record at Chelsea and his name will only attract players wanting a big big pay cheque.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Mourinho got the sack because he was dragging your club through the mud and that had to change, Grant was never given a chance by your fans or the media, from day one they were all praying he made mistakes, the Arsenal game just about encapsulates hof fickle and ridiculous the fans at the Bridge are.

the good thing is you are probably the only club where fan pressure counts for nothing, because your owner can afford to cut off his nose to spite his face. :D
???

One thing is for sure he will never gain respect from the fans, we all know the way he was appointed, and it never was because of his previous success as a manager.

Grant was never up to the job and everyone knows that. He got the job because he is close friend of Roman. At the announcement, Kenyon did not even have audacity to claim that Chelsea have appointed a top manager.

·
Premium Member
17,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

most successful coach in the history of the club is apparently dragging it thru the mud, if thats just not pure bollocks i dont know what is.....

oh ya and fan pressure against the glaziers takeover at man utd and against the american circus at liverpool is doing wonders really, fans practically run the clubs in fact its liverpool fans who called klinsmaan...

please take such monkey posts to another forum...

·
Premium Member
17,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Stop hating on Grant just because he's Israeli :rolleyes:...The bottom line is that he's helping your team out...and regardless of whether he's doing a great job or not, he doesn't deserve to be over criticized :wallbang:

agreed, Tal Ben Haim, a columbian native of the virgin islands, is picking on grant coz he is israeli, disgusting if u ask me, where is the UNICEF or NATO when u need them?!

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
agreed, Tal Ben Haim, a columbian native of the virgin islands, is picking on grant coz he is israeli, disgusting if u ask me, where is the UNICEF when u need them?!
Dude you are a f*cking moron, that takes a dig at Grant at every opportunity...in most of your posts your either b*tching about how poor grant is or having a wet dream imagining how your team would be if Jose were still in charge...get over it kid seriously...the Bottom Line is that your team is still competing for 2 cups under Grant...you can continue your anti-Grant chants...i've had my say :rollani:

·
Premium Member
17,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dude you are a f*cking moron, that takes a dig at Grant at every opportunity...in most of your posts your either b*tching about how poor grant is or having a wet dream imagining how your team would be if Jose were still in charge...get over it kid seriously...the Bottom Line is that your team is still competing for 2 cups under Grant...you can continue your anti-Grant chants...i've had my say :rollani:

hehe backtracking on the idiotic "israeli" comment then, thats a good start...not sure who u are to come to the chelsea forum and tell chelsea fans what to complain about and what not to talk about.....

vinsea/polaris first sentence clear, take action similar to infamousturk...thanks guys :D it will take time to clean this site but we will get there one day..

·
Registered
122 Posts
hehe backtracking on the idiotic "israeli" comment then, thats a good start...not sure who u are to come to the chelsea forum and tell chelsea fans what to complain about and what not to talk about.....

vinsea/polaris first sentence clear, take action similar to infamousturk...thanks guys :D it will take time to clean this site but we will get there one day..
A lot of people are quite sick and tired of you and your agenda.
Why don't you do us all a big favor, Go to Portugal, bend over in front of Jose and pull your trousers down.
Only way you'll ever be happy!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.