Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
59,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Name the talents you think who will make it big time one day on the big stage :)

but please NO EPL, La Liga, Serie A or Bundesliga players and NO Rafael vd Vaart or anything from Ajax or Anderlechts Vincent Kompany :sleepy: or players from well publisized clubs like Feyenoord, Olympiakos, Brugge, Fenerbahce, Porto, Celtic, Galatasaray, Panathinaikos etc.. Anyone who knows a bit about football should know them.

Players from midtable or lower teams in leagues which aren't in the top 5 of Europes leagues or any talented player from the Serbian, Swedish, Norwegian, Croatian, Polish, Scottish, Russian etc leagues are what I want here :cool:

From Holland here are some:

NEC Nijmegens Edgar Barreto - Paraguayan midfielder now at midtable NEC. Skilful midfielder who showed against Feyenoord that he has a great shot in him too. Hé hasn't yet shown his full potential though since he's been away a lot of the time cos of international games, but definitely a player to look out for.

Heerenveens Ugur Yildrim - the Turkish/ Dutch David Beckham. Crosses and takes set pieces exactly like him and also a right midfielder. Like Becks a bit slow and weak when tackling.

AZ Alkmaars Danny Landzaat- Technically gifted midfielder who has a good shot on him too. Now a regular In Hollands NT as well above Mark Van Bommel as well :eek:

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Good to see that Greece is not mentioned at all. :rolleyes:

Vaggelis Mantzios - 20 years old striker of Panionios but West Ham just signed him.

Nikos Tsiolis - 19 years old defencive midfielder of Panionios.

Deniz Baikara - 20 years old forward of Scoda Xanthi. He's Turkish.

Panagiotis Lagos - 18 years old left back and left midfielder of Iraklis.

·
Registered
59,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AMOROSO! said:
Good to see that Greece is not mentioned at all. :rolleyes:
you're right, after providing the old enemy with Nikos Machlas, it's ungrateful of me to forget and abandon you like this :eek: ;)

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
To Amos list i would add:

Gkekas from Kalithea. A very good striker was key to beating OSFP in the cup 2 weeks ago. He has been looked at and wanted by all the big clubs in Greece.

and

Agritsis from egalio. He would be at a big club right now if his manager did not want so god damn much for him. A very good striker, can finish very well and is one of the driving forces for egalios attractive attack.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Interesting thread. Have to think a bit about this one.
Only one little question; Wally by talents do you mean very good (talented) players or young talented players? Afterall Danny Landzaat is already 28-year old? :confused:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
The problem with this is that if a player has the potential to make it big he is usually playing for a good club or a club in the top flight or in the reserves of the bigger teams.

I see good players from the Dutch league's lower teams but I don't bother to remember their names and its on very late here(like 3am) so I forget. I saw a young player from Ajax(Babel) last night that has some potential but from now on I will note down the names of the smaller clubs talents.

From Russia Greece etc you only get to see them in the CL really as they don't show their leagues here, For example the young keeper of CSKA Moscow impressed me alot but is he already considered big because he plays in the CL?
Brasil, Jadson Dagoberto Renato

Thats all I can be bothered to think of for now. Let me watch out for their names and remember them then I will give you some more ;)

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
I like a lot a player from Estudiantes de La Plate call Sosa, he is playmaker and very stylish.

Lavezzi is a kid from San Lorenzo that is fast as hell and very skillfull, he must get the basket cube from hie head from time to time, but anyway he has a possible great future, I thiink Genoa bought him.

Biglia has everything to be an skill DM a la Redondo, he is from Argentinos Jr. he had a real bad level after an injury last year and i hope Tocalli recover him in the Youth NT, the three are playing in the Sudamericano Sub 20 in Colmbia right now.

From my Boca, I hope pLacio former Banfield take the stair to heaven, he is a great forward, that we will see if he can mange the Boca t-shirt, an dfrom inferiores is another DM (the elegant type too) call Gago, I saw him in several matches in the reserve and if he manteins his level from there in First Division, he can make it grand..

Wally about Barreto, yes I like him alot in the last Sudamericano in 2003, he is a great player, good taste pal...

·
Registered
70,046 Posts
In Romania we can find:

-Mirel Radoi: 23 years old. He´s not so young as others, but this guy is the main gem you can find in the Romanian league. Captain of Steaua Bucharest. Excellent defender who can play as defensive midfielder too. Starter in the NT. Fast, strong and very competitive. He could join Inter Milan at the end of the season.

-Mihaita Plesan: 21 years old. Balanced midfielder of Univ.Craiova, with capacity to attack and to defend. Strong phisically and gifted technically, he scored a wonderful goal vs Germany the past season after some dribblings. Very dangerous on freekicks.

-Andrei Cristea: 20 years old. He´s a versatile striker of Steaua Bucharest. Very fast and brave. Good dribbling. He´s improving his goal sense.

-Daniel Niculae: 22 years old. Strong striker of Rapid Bucharest. Actually he´s the topscorer in the league with 13 goals in 14 games. A true "number 9", but he should improve some aspects yet.

-Adrian Cristea: 21 years old. Offensive midfielder who just joined Dinamo Bucharest from Politehnica Iasi. Very talented and very good technically. Not related with Andrei.

-Andrei Prepelita: 19 years old. Promising midfielder from Arges Pitesti, always a team with good young players. He´s versatile and dangerous in attack. He will join a powerful team soon.

There are other young players like Burdujan, Nicolita, Grigorie, T.Balan, Moti, Lazar, Oprita...who deserve a mention.

·
18,041 Posts
ese tiene nombre de crack..."la lleva Nicolita, endiablado se saca de encima uno, encara al central lo deja sentado de orto, le sale el arquero y...gooooool, maestro!!!genio!!!! barrilete cosmico! Nicolita el Pibe de ORO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
70,046 Posts
haha totally....

Pero te diré que uno de los delanteros más prometedores del fútbol rumano (juega en Ucrania) se llama Ciprian Marica (pronuncia Márica).

·
18,041 Posts
ese la va a tener comlicada....

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
From Serbia, talent #1 right now is Partizan's Simon Vukcevic. He was 18ish last time I checked. He has potential to become the best player of his generation. He is a midfielder.

·
Registered
615 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
Vaggelis Mantzios - 20 years old striker of Panionios but West Ham just signed him.

Nikos Tsiolis - 19 years old defencive midfielder of Panionios.

Deniz Baikara - 20 years old forward of Scoda Xanthi. He's Turkish.

Panagiotis Lagos - 18 years old left back and left midfielder of Iraklis.
agreed...all of them are great prospects!!

Iraklis, Xanthi, Panionios and Egaleo have many talented youngsters :thmbup:

Patrick Ogunsoto (21 yrs, Nigerian striker) of Ergotelis is also promising

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Yaya Toure at Metalurh Donetsk. 20-year-old defensive midfielder; tall, quick, strong with a powerful heading ability. He's good on the ball too - a lot like his brother Kolo Toure, just bigger and slightly more forward.

·
Registered
59,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Kampfschwein said:
Interesting thread. Have to think a bit about this one.
Only one little question; Wally by talents do you mean very good (talented) players or young talented players? Afterall Danny Landzaat is already 28-year old? :confused:
what hope do I have of becoming a good teacher if I need 2 posts to explaing myself properly?! :( :D

Yeah I meant talents and also older players who play for smaller clubs but still have a chance of playing and making an impact for a big club soon.

·
Registered
69,460 Posts
In Croatia I would say:

Eduardo Da Silva (Dinamo Zagreb): 21 years old. He was born in Brazil but moved to Croatian side Dinamo Zagreb at the age of 16. He is a forward, amazing player, good pace and good on the ball. He is a regular on our U21's and has made his debut for the NT against Ireland in November.

Luka Modric: (Inter Zapresic/Dinamo Zagreb) 19 years old. He was voted the best young player in Croatia this season. He developed in the Dinamo youth teams but made his name when he went out on loan. He played for Zrinjski Mostar in Bosnia where he was a top player in the league. He then went to Inter Zapresic where again he proved himself to be a top player and he returned to Dinamo in the winter. He came close to signing with CSKA Moscow in the winter. About his abilities, he has good pace, a lot of energy and creates good chances, only downside is he is quite short.

Filip Marcic: (Bordeaux) 19 years old, many in Croatia thought he was our best young talent. He is a central midfielder who developed in the Hajduk youth system but moved to France. He is now the captain of the Bordeaux youth team and a lot is expected from him.

These I guess are the biggest prospects

·
Registered
786 Posts
There is this youngster here in melbourne who plays in d1 he is about 20 years old 5'10 TANK who runs past BACks as if they where skittles.D1 is the 3rd league after A league and premier league he plays for a club called Westvale!!! boy could this kid play!! his name is Vedran Balaban ......... i think thats it. i dont recall but i have watched him a couple of times. i think that Perugia where intrested at one stage :) :thmbup: :D

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
No we haven't signed him...yet :D

After one week of trial he's gone back to Greece but we're not going to sign him yet, We'll sign him when the time is right :lick:

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts
Jamie Smith :shades:

1 - 20 of 83 Posts