Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vitesse goalkeeper Marko Meerits voted to 10 most talented goalkeepers (born 1988-1994)
full list:Andre ter Stegen (Mönchengladbach), David De Gea (Manchester United), Marko Meerits (Vitesse), Stefanos Kapino (Panathinaikos), Thibaut Courtois (Chelsea), Ron Robert Zieler (Hannover), Tim Krul (Newcastle), Lars Unnerstall (Schalke), Ali Ahamada (Toulouse), Esteban Alvarado (Alkmaar).

http://soccernet.ee/parimate-loetelu-ter-stegen-de-gea-meerits

"Meerits is 20 years old Estonian. Now he plays for Vitesse in Netherland. He bought after amazing performances for Flora. He played first game for Vitesse in august, 2011 and it was clean sheet."

You can write here some Lithuania and Latvia talents also

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
:howler:

How on earth he ends up playing for Almere? :D Can't imagine Almere are scouting for youth players in Estonia...

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He moved to Netherland himself with his family and offered himself. Same stroy was when Aleksei Belov (now plays in Flora) played in Arminia Biedfeld

As I understand you are dutch, can you tell me about Almere city? I never heard about this club :D

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
As I understand you are dutch, can you tell me about Almere city? I never heard about this club :D
Sure, they're a pretty new professional club. In the Netherlands it's still impossible to promote from the amateurs to the professional top two divisions unless you meet a lot of (mainly financial) regulations.
The 'new' city of Almere (Almere is a very young city but growing quickly) wanted a professional football club and took over an Amsterdam-based amateur club who promoted to the highest amateur level. At that point they made a start with the plan of professional football in Almere. Back in 2005 the club entered the 2nd professional division named FC Omniworld. As Almere has quite a lot of inhabitants they want to promote to Eredivisie, but most Almere-inhabitants are originally from Amsterdam and still very much relying on that city, they don't care too much about Almere.
To improve the connections with the city and its inhabitants, in 2010 FC Omniworld changed their name to Almere City FC.

That's their history in a nutshell. Also on their wiki it's quite well, more detailed, explained --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Almere_City_FC

Hopefully for Liivak he'll be the first Estonian player in Almere's first team ;).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Talented Player - Kaspars Dubra

Great thread guys, there are a number of talented younger players in the Baltics and its our job to promote them :)

We interviews Kaspars Dubra after his Latvian Cup final with with FK Ventspils this weekend, you can check it out here - http://onenilup.com/baltics/latvia/item/65-interview-kaspars-dubra

Keep up the great work in these forums, good to see the interest in the Baltics :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
For lithuania:
Goalkeepers
Svedkauskas Tomas. As Roma. U19
Suvaizdis Marius. Wurzburger Kickers. U19

Defenders

Andriuskevicius Vytautas. Lechia Gdansk. U21
Jefisov Martyn. AC Montichiari. U21
Vilkaitis Aurimas. SS Lazio Roma. U21
Girdvainis Edvinas. Calcio Padova. U21