Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which type of player do you prefer,

A player who can get by on his skill alone, does not hustle,does not play through pain, or run hard, but has the ability to change a game with one piece of skill.

or

A player who is lacking a little in the talent department, but is willing to give 110% and make the most out of every minute he spends on the pitch.

I personally prefer the hard worker, although the talented softer guys come in handy as well, but I think a good team needs more hardworkers than pure skill guys.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
I prefer players with skill, i work hard enough myself without having to watch some other toilet cleaner working hard as well.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Do you guys think that the ones with talents are usually the attacking players and playmakers, while the ones with high workrate are usually the defensive midfielders and the defenders?

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Skillful players are what makes this the great sport it is. Ronaldinho is insanely skilled but does work hard at the same time. So do many other very talented players. Mutu is another example. I prefer watching those players then watching hard workers. A team does need both types though.

·
Registered
933 Posts
It depends on the competition you are playing. Skilful players that are lazy and are afraid of a more physical game aren't very useful in some competitions.

·
Registered
7,297 Posts
Real_Madrid said:
Talent = Ronaldinho

Workrate = Beckahm

Who would you prefer? Offcourse Ronaldihno so offcourse talent over workrate
Beckahm <<< :dielaugh:

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Assim said:
Beckahm <<< :dielaugh:
When will you ever grow up?

BTW, someone who has both talent and workrate is Robinho.

It seems nice to see him defending, going all the way back to the defence taking the ball from the attacker and starting the attack :thumbsup:. Then the next second you see him on the other side of the pitch

·
Registered
7,297 Posts
Real_Madrid said:
When will you ever grow up?

BTW, someone who has both talent and workrate is Robinho.

It seems nice to see him defending, going all the way back to the defence taking the ball from the attacker and starting the attack :thumbsup:. Then the next second you see him on the other side of the pitch
Ehem..... I think you meant Ronaldinho... He has got Talent and Workrate plus Magic :)

Robin Hood hasn't got Talent and Workrate>>

Robinho + od
= Robin Hood

·
&#9484;&#8745;&#9488;(&#9699;_&#9698;)&#9484;&#874
31,893 Posts
Not v difficult ...... its WorkRATE!!!!

Consistent WorkRate , with FLahes of Flair(talent)

is better than

Consistent Flair, with Flahes of Workrate.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Some1 who has both - i.e. Cannavaro, Zambrotta, Vieira, Emerson.
PAVEL NEDVED is the best example of some1 who has the perfect combination.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Luca Toni and Gilardinho also have the mixture.

·
Registered
489 Posts
For a player with talent and workrate, rooney is prtty damn good too. covers for neville at right back every now and again.

personally...players who are all skill and no effort are never embraced quite as well by a clubs fans compared to ones that work themsleves into the ground.. so it's gotta be workrate for me.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Rooney doesnt even support his own striker, he drifts too far away from his position most of the time leavng large gaps between him and Ruud.

Luca Toni, Pirlo, Zlatan have both.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Waterboy said:
So does Rooney. Alan Smith is a good example of a player with good workrate but zero talent.
Did you ever watch alan smith for Leeds, if course he has talent he is being played out of position. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts