Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason Liverpool have signed this guy from Salzburg... Japanese players have basically all flopped in England so the writings on the wall here. Everyone at RAWK is foolishly optimistic about this signing. He'll probably just warm the bench anyway given the strength of Liverpool's attack.

·
Administrator
52,351 Posts
He is really cheap tho, 7.5m release clause. And is more of a creative winger/AM.

But yeah he is undoubtedly really promising, but shouldn't be too hyped up about it.

·
Super Moderator
13,618 Posts
Apparently the commercial implications of a move like this are just insane. Liverpool will make a ton of money from it regardless of how he does, and will hit the jackpot if he is any good.

·
Registered
64,710 Posts
Apparently the commercial implications of a move like this are just insane. Liverpool will make a ton of money from it regardless of how he does, and will hit the jackpot if he is any good.
Yea its like when Park played for United, guy was a mid-table player at best but Man U's a money machine so we all knew how it goes.

·
Registered
42,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea its like when Park played for United, guy was a mid-table player at best but Man U's a money machine so we all knew how it goes.
I think you're underrating Park a tad. No Park wasn't a world beater but he showed up multiple times in the CL and was an important player defensively for Fergie.

·
Super Moderator
13,618 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,618 Posts
Agree about Park, not fantastic but a very versatile and smart player, clearly understood what Ferguson wanted from him and so he loved him for the big games.

·
Registered
44,357 Posts
Minamino is a very intelligent player. He's also versatile and can be used in quite a few positions for the good of the team. This'll give Liverpool more options during games but also in terms of depth from onne game to another. He really has a tremendous understanding of spaces. Technically very good and quick. Will probably need to learn how to play the system (defensively) but I'm sure he's smart enough.

I remember him from the U17 World Cup in 2011 where he was playing for Japan. Good player back then as well so it surprised me quite a bit before he finally got his proper breakthrough this fall.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts