Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why the player who takes off his shirt after scoring a goal get booked?
i think it is one of other stupid rules made by FIFA. goal celebration is the best part of the game. the players should be allowed to do whatever they want as long it's not insulting to anyone.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I agree completely, it is a ridiculous ruling. Celebrating a goal shouldn’t be an offence, it’s what the punters pay good money for. FIFA need to look at stuff like diving, spitting and cheating generally before stopping players celebrating a goal.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
It's a stupid rule but I don't understand why players want to take thier shirt off after scoring a goal.

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
Its just euphoria! Some players do some players dont.

All in all its a sad day when you are booked for celebrating a goal. One of many a rule created by FIFA which is ruining and downgrading our game.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Well when Ronnie O´Sulliven or someone hits a 147 you dont see them rip off there shirt and run around the snooker table in elation. Its not really needed.

Although personally, I like any opportunity to show off my body, 300 pounds and 40% bodyfat. Oh Johnny Boy I did indeed eat them.

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
michaldinho said:
Probably came into effect after this...

:thumbsup:

Fifa should change the rule to : You are allowed to take your shirt off as long as you've shaved first. :D

Seriously it is a stupid, pointless rule. They don't do enough to cut out diving and thuggish play, but you can't (SHOCK!) take your shirt off! Or (HORROR!) throw the ball down!

Clowns.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Players should make a protest - after goal/booking all teammates take their shirts off. What will referee do then? :)

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
They swap shirts after each game usually anyway... no yellow cards dished out.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
I saw a player in the french league...I think Lens
He took off his shirt and he was wearing another shirt under...the ref still gave him a yellow card...lol

·
Banned
2,825 Posts
Whats wrong with Giggsy then?? :rollani:

Its a sign of a real man to have some hair you know ;) Unlike Pat Lampard who waxes his whole body :yuck:

And that goal was almost as good as Maradona in WC 86 :D

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
I don't think it should be a bookable offence players just celebrate it as one of the most wonderful feelings in the world and they aren't causing any harm.FIFA needs to lighten up on some areas,and concentrate more seriously on others.

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
I didn't think Aquilani was booked yesterday for taking off his shirt, was he?

It's one of the most ridiculous things that came out of FIFA's office in a decade. They've made some very questionable decisions, but this one takes the cake. It's not like they're taking off their shorts.

A

·
0 Posts
Aquilani did get booked for taking of his shirt... and i will be a minority but i do agree with this rule. specially when the players that score in the National team take their shirts off. you should be proud to wear that shirt u should honor it, not thorw it on the ground when you score a goal it is a disrespect and i like this rule

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
armenian18 said:
Aquilani did get booked for taking of his shirt... and i will be a minority but i do agree with this rule. specially when the players that score in the National team take their shirts off. you should be proud to wear that shirt u should honor it, not thorw it on the ground when you score a goal it is a disrespect and i like this rule
I certainly don't agree that you take off your shirt and toss it,but to just run in a euphoric fashion after scoring is harmless fun to me. :)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts