Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Massimo Taibi's Manchester United nightmare is on the brink of ending, with Reggina poised to clinch the £2.5 million signing of him.

Following protracted negotiations, Taibi is ready to sign a three-year contract with the club he spent much of last season on loan with, despite rival offers from Kaiserslautern and Napoli.

Taibi won the hearts of the Reggina supporters with some sterling performances in Serie A, and United have reportedly agreed to lower their asking price for the player, in the wake of his poor displays for Ferguson's team and the summer arrival of Fabien Barthez.

"I am happy for playing with Reggina for another three years," confirmed Taibi. "I promised the fans last term that I would do all I could to stay here.

"Even though there have been other offers and negotiations, I have pushed for Reggio Calabria."

·
Registered
133 Posts
At Least We May Keep...

I'm glad it looks like our Sicilian goalkeeper is going to stay where he belongs and where he is appreciated, in Reggio.:) Seeing so many names leaving us feels like the time Catanzaro (another team from Calabria) was in serie A for a season, sold it's players afterward, then went down from A to C2.:( I hope we don't suffer the same fate. I hope the sales plus the sponsorship from the local company, Caffe Mauro, gives us some money to rebuild.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Reggina's team last year:

Taibi
Cirillo,Stovini,Giachetta
Folglio,Brevi,Baronio,Morabito
Pirlo
Kallon,Possanzini

Team next year:

Taibi
Oshadogan,Stovini,Vargas
Foglio,Brevi,Mamede,Morabito
Cozza
Bogdani,Possanzini

Yess, it's seems a bit weaker:(, If you can get Carbone back at Regginna it would be great!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts