Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday evening Taffarel has signed a one year extension to his contract with Parma which was set to expire later this summer. This means Taffarel will be our back up goalkeeper also next season. Here is what he had to say: "Ieri ho rinnovato per un'altra stagione il mio contratto con il Parma. C'era anche un'offerta del Galatasaray, ma lasciare Parma è difficile, qui ho deciso di vivere". ("Yesterday I renewed for one more season my contract with Parma. There was an offer from Galatasaray as well, but leaving Parma is difficult, I have decided to live here").

So Claudio choose to be second goalkeeper at Parma over being 1st choice at Galatasaray, plus obviously the crazy salary the Turks would have offered him.

Forza Taffarel! :strong:

:)

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
Actually he would only have been the 2nd goalkeeper at Galatasaray because we just signed Mondragon.

But congrats anyway.

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
good thing. Taffarel is a good backup keeper.;)

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Great to have Taffarel for one more year! :happy:
He's a very solid goalie and has loads of routine. Plus he seems like a great guy and doesn't mind sitting on the bench.

This means that Guardalben gets either completely sold or loaned out for one more year. Sad to loose him, but he's worth a starting spot so it's all for the best.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts