Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if you were sven goran eriksson, apart from giving ulrika a bit of how's your father, every now and then, what tactics would you employ against the brazilians on friday? i'd play a very physical game with men behnd the ball, perhaps a couple of long-balls and aiming to have lots of possession.

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
Being a Brazil fan, I'd think of some crazy tactic like "static defense" (go figure).:tongue: ;)

Seriously, Brazil look very vunerable to diagonal balls over the top, something Mr. Beckham is none too shabby at. I'd play plenty behind the ball too, and just make sure they press for 90 minutes to stop Brazil playing fluid quick passing football through the midfield.

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
The problem with Brazil is that their defenders hate playing defense, so sometimes they are left with no one in the back.

THerefore, counter-attacking is the key for the English squad. I think sending some long balls to Owen would be a good idea because it is difficult to outdribble the Brazilians.

THe ENglish should go for hard, clean tackles throughout the game (obviously), and they should try to be as physical as possible to limit the speed of the Brazilians.

I am picking England to win.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well there are suspicions that owen may well be out for the brazil game but we'll wait and see i guess.

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Really? What kind of injury does he have?:(

I figure if he is breathing, he will be on the pitch against Brazil:D
But his play may be affected a lot, just like Ronaldo's play against France.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts