Xtratime Community banner

Tactics for the world cup

733 views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  GarethUK 
#1 · (Edited)
What do you think? Standard 4-4-2, with two holding midfielders in the middle, or will Sven try something bold?

#2 ·
i guess 4-4-2 is the best for england...with scholes and whoever replaces gerrard in the middle, beckham and dyer on both sides, i think that should be their best formation...

should sven start hargreaves???

#4 ·
when i wtach newcastle play, i see dyer playing in the middle, is that right??? cuz Robert plays on the left?? thats what i thought anyway.

4-4-2

Scholes and Hargreaves in the middle. Butt seriously amazes me, he always plays for england but not man u.

becks on the right

left?????? you say dyer.......i say Macca should have been there.

#5 ·
4-4-2 is Svens trademark.

1. Pass the ball to Beckham and cross it into Owen's path.

2. Pass the ball to Beckham and cross it into Heskey's path.

3. Pass the ball to Beckahm and let Beckham do a La-Coruna.

4. Dive and Beckham take the free kick.

5. Look at Beckham when the other side score.

#6 ·
Right and didn't they do that well when they beat Paraguay 4-0 (fool)...

I think that a 4-3-3 could be employed against Sweden with the strikers being Heskey, Vassell and Owen... the reason for this is that they do not have a winger that can break the resiliant Swedish defence so let Heskey and Vassell have a go...

I think that it may work, especially as Butt will have a little help in midfield...

Beckham would play half way between the centre and the middle so that he can still cross but also lay balls in to the paths of Vassell and Heskey...

Owen of course will be in the centre doing what he does best...

#12 ·
Italy would do the same Italia but they haven't got a midfield. I know Liverpool are seen as boring but Italy take the piss. As you've said Italia, they get 10 players behind the ball and just launch it up to Montella. Its called "doing a Wimbledon."

#15 · (Edited)
Iskydiver: In consideration of Russells point of 11 players behind the ball, I said Italy MAY have 10. It does not mean that it WILL be, if u remember.

Boring play? hmmm think its better than One-Man-Play.

Thanks for introducing that Wimbledon thing...still Sven's plan is all Beckham. 1-2-3-4-5 ...isnt it...?

BTW, couldnt find pool boring, with Riise screaming down the left and Murphy doing fast-intelligent counter-attack. wow! Sven's drooling too.

#16 ·
Do your posts ever have any point to them apart from provication... come on please... you can do better than this.

As I pointed out to you before England beat Paraguay 4-0 without Beckham, loved the way that you ignored that point...

#17 ·
better stated as 'ignore YOUR point'.

Opinion of mine hasnt changed. 1-2-3-4-5, that is my opinion. Provocation? Depend on how you look at it...

Paraguay is a game that is interesting...with so many deflections. Its really wonderful how the guys utilize it.

#18 ·
I just love it when Italians slag off England and cliam there tatical and technical superiority in this forums, brings a smile to my face. :)

-4-2 is Svens trademark.

1. Pass the ball to Beckham and cross it into Owen's path.

2. Pass the ball to Beckham and cross it into Heskey's path.

3. Pass the ball to Beckahm and let Beckham do a La-Coruna.

4. Dive and Beckham take the free kick.

5. Look at Beckham when the other side score.
If that was the case (and it isnt) we wouldnt even qualify for the worldcup let alone be in one. Now take your superior italian tatics somewhere else.

anyone got any ideas why disgruntled serieA/italia NT fans keep coming in here? :confused: :confused:

#19 ·
I thought you maybe knew a little about football but now i realise you don't. All Beckham???!!!! Maybe somebody should move this to the humour forum. Have you ever heard of somebody called Michael Owen? No? Well he scores most of England's goals, something you've comletely ignored in your scenario. Have you heard of Scholes? No? He plays for a big team called Man Utd (they are English and play in the Premier Division, always do better than the Italians in the Champions League). He also scores for England, passes the ball quite a lot and makes good darting runs into the area. Not something Beckham does.

So we've discovered a few things about you in this thread. You know hardly anything about football, you can count to 5 and you probably only come in here to attempt to criticize our football because you have nothing good to talk about in the Italian one. And by the way. My name is l (as in Luke) skydiver, not Iskydiver. Notice the tiny horizontal lines at the top and bottom of an "I" Good, glad we've got that sorted.

#20 ·
don't worry about him. I am currently having fun with him in the Italian forum (I assume that it is a he as ony men can be so bloody foolish).... I think that after 4 lines his computer crashes so that is all he is allocated...

Don't worry, insults do not actually register so you can make fun of his mind, get all the pent up anger that exists in you out... I love it:D:D:D

#21 ·
Russell: Did anyone mentioned about Italian technical and tactical superiority...how did you conclude that?

Lskydiver: Michael Owen ....Oh yes! he is great and he is one of the best in the world. Scholes...good in scoring from the midfield...but not so...when playing withdrawn Striker. But I happen to remember the TOPIC here is about TACTICS and not about views of Individual Star players. So I still think, and of course you can reject that, the Tactics which Sven likes or plans is 1 to 5. I may not be an Expert in soccer like you... but I have my views. (I hear you, do u mind that L?)

MR. Comic: who's worried. no one's in a battle field. Maybe you think you are. You are the expert too right? anyway I think the guys here are more intelligent than to need your persuasion.
You have said you are pissed. i m foolish. I know nothing about soccer. Now you reccomend others to 'get all the pent up anger that exists in you out' and make fun of my mind. what else.?

#22 ·
I know this thread is about tactics but the tactics you're talkign about are crap. I'm merely pointing out the other players we have which puts your so-called 1-5 tactics on the scrapheap. Your make no mention of Owen or Scholes so thats what i'm pointing out.

#25 ·
Russell said:
Italia is a glory hunting prick who comes here for an ego boost.

Your talking about tatics, then tell me how Italy are going to win the World Cup with 4 defensive midfielders.
1. Italy does not play all 4 defensive midfielders. There will be allocations for the bench.
2. Have you heard of wingers?.
3. Do u know defenders can score goals, needless to talk about defensive midfielders....
4. Plz go to relevant Forum-threads to talk about other countries or if you want to ask me about them. I do understand this place now is about England.

#26 ·
I think we will stick with 4-4-2, although I'm not sure who will fill the places.

Does anyone else feel concerned by the fact we haven't had a settled team for a long time now?

As Alan Hansen said the other day, we could find ourselves in the Sweden game still experimenting...

As far as I can see, there are only 6 definite starters for Sweden:

GK:Seaman
DR:
DC:Campbell
DC:Ferdinand
DL:Cole
MR:
MC:Scholes
MC:
ML:
AC:
AC: Owen

It worries me, but I still think we will win 3-1 with Scholes scoring first!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.