Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tacchi not expecting Trap call Friday 2 April, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus midfielder Alessio Tacchinardi has admitted defeat in his attempt to be a part of Euro 2004.

The 28-year-old has been involved in the squad over the last few seasons but he doesn’t seem to figure in Giovanni Trapattoni’s present plans.

"It looks as if Trapattoni has other ideas in his head," he stated after he was not included in Wednesday’s 2-1 win in Portugal.

"For now though I’m just concentrating on ending the season in the best possible manner with Juventus.

"If a national call up does arrive then I will obviously be happy but Juventus come first right now."

Trap’s central midfield options currently include Simone Perrotta, Andrea Pirlo, Gennaro Gattuso and Cristiano Zanetti.

The latter did pull out of the Braga clash with an injury but Trap decided to replace him with Milan’s Massimo Ambrosini and not with the former Atalanta player.

channel4

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Tacchinardi at the moment isn't great so he doesnt deserve to be a part of the squad, last season was his best season, this season he isn't playing good.

I hope Ambrosini gets into the 4 that Trap selects, preferably ahead of Zanetti.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
he doesnt deserve it this season. but neither do others at the moment. he should have been given a go last season when he played great. but then again, was it davids' influence beside him which made him that way?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts