Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing as the decision in the Frank ("Tigerheart") case has been made and seeing as he will not even get a warning for his infamous post, I have decided to resign as moderator of the United forum and to leave Xtratime completely.

Like I've said on here many a time I don't proclaim myself to be an idiological person but some things are just too much for me to live with.

The Munich air disaster is very close to my heart, probably even more than it is to most reds. That is where I draw my red line.

I have recommended Freddie and Gola to be my successors, as I think 2 mods would make for a livelier place and would keep the progress we've been making here in the last 6 months, going strong.

I have enjoyed my stay here and have enjoyed the good conversations with all the United lads as well as the banter with the ABUs.

So, without getting too mushy, a few words for each of the characters here:

Freddie - been a pleasure, you're a great lad, full of class and a true supporter. I'm sure you'd make for a great moderator.

Shaf - been mint to moderate the place with you, you've been a great mucker and I wish all the Asian Utd fans would be a lot more like you, a true red

Beefo - must admit we started off quite badly, I thought you were a bit of a wanker admittedly ( ;) ) but since then you've grew on me and it's been good to read your scouse-hating posts. In a forum filled with subdued people, it was always a pleasure to read your over-enthusiastic posts.

Jacob - not much to say, a sterling lad, a great person, a true red and a great mate.

To the rest of the Utd lads, Beechy, TGV, Pav, MaT, D.Becks, Russell, Juan F, RVN, Colin and many that I'm probably forgetting, I'm sorry I didn't get to know you better but you'll always be in my good books for being part of the United family.

Now a sharp move to the dark side...

Andy (Razor) - though you're a granny-robbing, bin-dipping, hub-cap stealing, shell-suit wearing, Bayern shirt wearing, twat, it still has been a pleasure. One of the only lads on these boards who actually know what banter is all about. Still doesn't mean you're not a Budweiser-drinking, "folks!"-saying, baseball-loving, Yank! ;)

Mr.Fowler - you're a Manc in disguise and you know it ;)

Sandro (Paw) - classy lad, you're not supporting the right club mate

Raanan - the twat that introduced me to this place (you can all stone him later ;) ). A bit of a wanker at times ( make that, most times ;) ) and a 'kin part-timer as well ( ;) ) but still a good lad and a great mate.

Neutrals:

ROD and Manuel (Psycho?!) - 2 great lads, are you lads really krauts???! ;)

Thanassis (Amoroso!) - a great person and a fantastic mate

Micke - an arrogant, Swedish, gambling-addicted cnut, but still half-decent in his own way ;)

Shayan (Merengue or summink like that ;) ) - not talked to you in a while but you're a fabulous lad and it's been a pleasure knowing you

Maher (Jose Luis somebody ( ;) )- quiet lad, a bit too co-operative with Raanan ( ;) ) but a good mate nevertheless, I know you for a good few years now and it's been a pleasure

Kiyan - childish and a cnut at times, but a good lad most of the time (ooh I'm so good at complements! ;) )

Jimmy - though you support the scum, you're still a great lad and quite a cheerful person actually

There are probably loads of peeps I am forgetting but it doesn't matter cause they're all probably twats ;)

And finally, a little message to the Utd lads.

We've had some rough times this season, it seems we might be heading for a few more of those in the following few weeks, but no matter what, keep yer chin up, keep the red flag flyin' high, we are United without any doubt, we are the Manchester boys.

KEEP THE FAITH - ONE LOVE MUFC - MUFC THE RELIGION

and remember:

FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS SUPPORT LIVERPOOL

Rant over. Ta-ra.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Liebero said:
Raanan - the twat that introduced me to this place (you can all stone him later ;) ). A bit of a wanker at times ( make that, most times ;) ) and a 'kin part-timer as well ( ;) ) but still a good lad and a great mate.
:cry:

I love you too Roy! :heart: :proud:

You're a twat though ;)

Its a shame to see you gone, but at least we've got MSN to keep us in touch, if not, i can always come over to your place and show you how you've been living in a lie all these years, my super scouser. ;)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Sir Dicky Attenborough will turn in his grave!

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Re: Ta-ra!

Raanan said:

Its a shame to see you gone, but at least we've got MSN to keep us in touch, if not, i can always come over to your place and show you how you've been living in a lie all these years, my super scouser. ;)
If you come to my place saying that, the only thing you're likely to get is a good kicking

;)

·
International
6,724 Posts
Liebero said:
Maher (Jose Luis somebody ( ;) )- quiet lad, a bit too co-operative with Raanan ( ;) ) but a good mate nevertheless, I know you for a good few years now and it's been a pleasure

I still remember the Footballtransfers messageboard days :) Will you make another top 50 or 100 youth list?

I will miss you :( You feckin' ace ;)

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Re: Ta-ra!

Jose luis pirri said:

I still remember the Footballtransfers messageboard days :) Will you make another top 50 or 100 youth list?

I will miss you :( You feckin' ace ;)
Dunno, thought about doing a top100 one but too busy at the moment. The last one I felt was very good and much better than the previous ones but still, took lots of my time. Maybe in a couple of months after the U-16 Euro and so on. That's usually when I get hungry for some youth football :)

·
Star Player
3,264 Posts
Well....where to begin...This forum was as dead as Pool's title chances (;)) before Shaf and Roy took over. Since then it has sprung to life, with dozens if not hundreds of threads about United, being that banter or praise, discussions or something else. :) I understand Roy's decision completely although I wish he would stay on. A better Utd-FM doesn't exist, and I mean that. The perfect balance between a prize twat (;)) and a commited, passionate and knowledgeable red. Great stuff. :star:

We're gonna miss you, Roy. Nothing better then seing Roy "get his knickers in a twist" over some bloody scousers infecting the forum. :D

I'll still get that on MSN, fortunately. ;)

Jacob - not much to say, a sterling lad, a great person, a true red and a great mate.
I can only return that comment. :) It's been nothing but a pleasure having you in here, Roy. It will take some doing to move on now that you'll even stop posting (in the very near future)

And we'll still talk over MSN, maybe more than before. :)

So you keep your chin up too, mate. WE SHALL NOT BE MOVED, forums or not, good times or bad times - we're Mancs and that binds us together, one way or another. :cool:

Jacob

·
Registered
17,530 Posts
HM, maybe I shouldn't care, but still I think you should stay. A lot of things happen and sometimes one shouldn't take things too serious.

Just today Munich was called a nazi-city in these forums etc. (don't know how often we are called nazis etc. here, quite some time ago I stopped counting ;) and to be honest I don't care since we aren't nazis and if we were, we would just be happy to be called so :eek:) but I didn't tell a cm or didn't complain about it in the fm forum.

That was a comment NOT made as a joke, while my comment on the tradegy was "just" a joke, even if it caused harm, it wasn't meant so (hell, I thought it would be a good joke fitting to your "joking").

I apologized for the joke and I do it again now, I'm sorry.

Look at TV, every day there are jokes about WTC or Taliban-war or WW2 or anything else, and I think in England the comedians are even "harder" with their jokes than the German ones; if one knows it's just joking than it's ok imo.

It's somehow similar to what you call banter (at least if I understood you there), if people know each other they can make jokes which people who don't know each other can't do. That was my mistake here, no doubt. My friends here on the site would laugh about any joke I would make about them cause they know it's just joking.

And if you for example call guys fu(king twats etc. you don't know, they won't appreciate that very much, I'm sure you can imagine that, so it's all a matter how good people know each other.

OK, enough words spoken, I think you should stay here, we hadn't probs before and we wouldn't have now since we don't visit the same forums very often, and if so, we could both behave. I have absolutely no hard feelings to you, and if you have towards me, then we can avoide each other. I think it is good that you want to keep your word, but since I think it was wrong to say you will quit I think most people here would be happy if you stay.

Bye, Frank :)

·
International
9,526 Posts
Liebero said:
Seeing as the decision in the Frank ("Tigerheart") case has been made and seeing as he will not even get a warning for his infamous post, I have decided to resign as moderator of the United forum and to leave Xtratime completely.

I have recommended Freddie and Gola to be my successors,

OH [email protected]' HELL..thats all I need. United are out of the cup and then bloody Roy goes and does one.

Sh!t, I haven't blubed in years, but this will be a close one. I know why you're going and I agree with the principle 100% but I can't honestly say that, even though its probably the only gesture left to make to show just how sickened we all were with this 'joke', that I agree with you going. No!

Roy, you are this forum. I think I joined Xtratime about a month before you, and I hung around the United site now and again, thought it was [email protected], and didn't do anything about it. You turned up, steamed in, called everyone a Cnut, and proceeded to shake things up with the help of the admirable K-2. And you've turned this into a great place to be. I took my lead from you, like we all did. If you go, it will lose something. Maybe not its heart, but definitely its soul.

As for the moderators job, I won't be applying for it. I'd be a hypocrite after the criticism that I've levelled at the system currently in place, and anyway, to be honest, I don't think I could do it justice. Prefably, I'd like the job to be kept open. I know you probably wouldn't even consider going back on what you've said Roy, but I wouldn't think any less of you if you did decide to stay. You've fought the good fight, and I and everyone else on the forum respects it, but I've made a few of these symbolic gestures myself, and they tend to do more harm than good. You lose a really cool place to be, and, from a really selfish point of view, we lose a brilliant mod, the top red, and, more importantly, a really good mate. Don't go..........

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Well spoken Fred, great words. :(

Is there a chance Roy would stay a normal poster? stepping down would show he cares enough me thinks.

Don't leave Roy, you feckin Manc! :D

·
Star Player
4,429 Posts
:( There goes all the fun. Well, hopefully not. But without Roy this place is going to be less fun.

As Fred said: this place was in shambles before Roy and K-2 entered. Basicly another "Padded Cell" where people could bash ManU. I myself might have been one of them :angel: ;) , but after the "Revolution of Roy" :D suddenly those threads stopped, and instead everyone visiting got a few laughs.

In case anyone didn't guess I'll be very sad about Roy going. All the best. :)

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
I admire you greatly for sticking to your principles, and indeed your word. Don't be a stranger. There's gonna be a huge void left by your departure. We'll all miss you and if leaving is what you think is right then so be it. Funny how you leave just as United are facing a dip in form though!;) :confused:

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Did I miss something???

Why is Liebero leaving??

:confused: :eek:

·
Registered
322 Posts
yeah it really sucks youre leaving these boards,like many have alrealdy said this forum basically sucked till u came around ,so stay on cause well miss your sarcastics posts and great united songs.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Liebero said:
Andy (Razor) - though you're a granny-robbing, bin-dipping, hub-cap stealing, shell-suit wearing, Bayern shirt wearing, twat, it still has been a pleasure. One of the only lads on these boards who actually know what banter is all about. Still doesn't mean you're not a Budweiser-drinking, "folks!"-saying, baseball-loving, Yank! ;)
Well I'm deeply disapointed in your decision, but I fully understand the stand you are taking. It's been fun, even back in the days where I only thought you were a cnut, difference is now I know it!:D;)

Seriously though, it's been a pleasure helping to build the fun and games between the two forums. There are a few from both sides that have stepped over the line, but generally both forums have a quality of poster that is hard to find. Your hard work is appreciated, and you'll leave a lasting impression on this forum, if not on xtratime.

Anyway, don't be a stranger, and at least stop by on occasions. In fact why not just step down, it will be a big enough statement Roy, and you don't harm your mates over here as a result?

Knowing how stubborn you are, that last paragraph was a waste!;)

See you around

Andy

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Liebero said:
Sandro (Paw) - classy lad, you're not supporting the right club mate
Thanks mate. But what's the point? You ain't going to see this. Unless you return of course. This is sad.

I, frankly, used to hate you cos you are the a$$ who dirties the Liverpool board :D But my impression of you changes after that. Sadly, you could not stay for various reasons here and there. Certainly one of the rarer Man Yoo fans who will speak to you without a hint of attitude.:)

paw;)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Liebero said:
To the rest of the Utd lads, Beechy, TGV, Pav, MaT, D.Becks, Russell, Juan F, RVN, Colin and many that I'm probably forgetting, I'm sorry I didn't get to know you better but you'll always be in my good books for being part of the United family.
Ta-ra.
Mate, I don't know the full reasons why you are quitting as moderator but I know you are a man of true principle and that it wasn't a decision you took half-heartedly. I wish you all the best and hope that you continue to keep the Utd faith and don't disappear from the forum altogether.

All the power to you buddy :cool:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts