Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rollercoaster season of Sporting goes on. After playing great football in the UEFA Cup we went back to the usual mix of uninspired performances and bad luck in the League.

Now it's time to defend the Cup against a team that we have beaten already twice this season. Estrela is a tough team to beat at home but they are quite fragile away. That and the fact that we have the Cup as one of our main aims this season, leaves to think that we will beat them a 3rd time.

It's difficult to guess which will be the starting XI for this game as Paulo Bento has to juggle with many injuries and with the fact that we are playing a very important match on Sunday against Benfica. Still, here's my prediction:

Rui Patrício
Abel - Tonel - Polga - Ronny
Miguel Veloso
Pereirinha - Izmailov
João Moutinho
Liedson - Tiuí​

The game starts at 21h45 CET.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
This is the game chosen for broadcast by Sic.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I won't be able to watch this game, but that's probably for the better seeing as the majority of the games I watch end in a loss :undecide: :D

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The official line-up ends up having only one change from what I expected:

Rui Patrício
Abel - Tonel - Anderson Polga - Ronny
Miguel Veloso
Pereirinha - João Moutinho
Romagnoli
Liedson - Tiuí

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
0-0 HT

Poor first half from Sporting. No speed and no energy. Lots of doubts on a situation where the ball was saved over the line by a Estrela defender but it's almost impossible to know if it was in or not.

No substitutions at half time.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Izmailov in for Abel. Pereirinha will go back to RB.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Purovic in for Liedson. O Levezinho is injured. Great...that's just what we need now. :scream:

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Milan "O Tosco" Purovic saves our :ass: at the 91st minute! :D

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1-0 FT

Probably our most undeserved win so far in this season but it was about time for us to have some bloody luck. :)

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dmitriy said:
I know Marat got an assist, how did he do besides that?
He was one of our best players yesterday. Apart from "constructing" the goal he also had a great assist to Romagnoli and a crossed shot that hit the crossbar. I hope he keeps his tendency to play well in big games as we need someone like that for Sunday.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts