Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we have a very experimental squad now that we are into the final round of qualifying! Nine players (Bocanegra, Bradley, Cherundolo, Ching :happy:, DeMerit, Dempsey, Donovan, Howard, and Onyewu) were released back to their clubs while Rogers, Bornstein, Wynne, and Mastroeni were added. Hopefully this means we will see something like this, a 4-3-3 would be interesting.

Altidore
Adu----------------Rogers
Kjlestan-Torres
Edu
Pearce-Califf-Orozco-Wynne
Guzan​

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
i would rather have orozco over bocanegra
edu over bradley

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eh, I like Orozco, but he is still very green IMO, his sending off in the Olympics showed that. He's certainly one for the future and I don't mind experimenting with him in games like these, but when push comes to shove for the next year or so, I'd still like to see Bocanegra out there. Definitely Edu over Bradley though.

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rogers and Mastro dropped for Rolfe and Carroll. :yuck:

Honestly, I thought BB was getting it mostly right with these callups, but dropping Rogers for Rolfe? What the hell is he thinking? Carroll I'm not sure about. He's been pretty good for the Crew this year but is he really good enough for the NT? On the other hand, Mastro is going over the hill, but I think this would have been a good opportunity to see what he can offer.

Now I would go with:

Altidore
Beasley-Adu
Torres-Edu-Kljestan
Pearce-Califf-Orozco-Wynne
Guzan​

But that'll never happen, expect BB to field something like this:

Altidore-Rolfe
Adu-Kljestan-Edu-Beasley
Pearce-Califf-Orozco-Hejduk
Guzan​

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Weirdo stuff from Bradley again. OK, he tossed the beloved Ching out, but we all know he will be back. So why was Rogers dropped? Can't Bob just make sense for a change?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts