Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Group A: Sportklub, Mattersburg, Admira
Group B: Austria, Rapid, Team Red Zac Erste Liga

As always, they're trying to have as much derbies as possible, since that's the only interesting thing left of the indoor cup. ;)

First game was played already, Sportklub beat Admira 6:3 (3:2).
Next is Austria vs, Red Zac, who sure look impressive with Hallenkönige such as Bradaric and Aigner.

ORF 1 will show the derby at 18:30 and highlights of the 3 earlier games.

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ridiculous, that's what it is. ;)

Their #1 goalie is Gastspieler, 4 of their 10 Blockspieler are Gastspieler and at least one of their subs (Prilasnig) is Gastspieler. So, without the other subs (no idea if there are some), 6 out of 13 of their squad actually don't play for Sportklub. They might as well call it Vienna (Trainigsgäste) United. ;)

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Admira - Rapid and Austria - Mattersburg in the semis.
Flögel my personal favourite for the Hallenkönig so far, but since we're in the year 2004, they vote with SMS, so Ivanschitz will win it. :rolleyes:

What I've seen yesterday in the Stadthalle (a friend got tickets via another friend via another friend, not that I'd pay a single cent) was horrible. It was like a big Rapid fan-meeting with DJ Ötzi-Cds. With all the Volksverblödung that those two factors bring with them. The legends were already tired unfortunately (or maybe the semis looked more exciting on tv).
I strongly recommend TW1, which won't cost 22-35 Euro or something like that and will also spare you the 80% Rapid-Anteil in the crowd, that stupid Marek-guy, the tribunes screaming "chihuahua" um die Wette in der Pause...:yuck:

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Not to mention the Volksverblödungs gang singing charming tunes about Wagner's mother and the legends in green "forbiding" Rachimov to play for the violet legends. As Rachimov put it: "Normally you answer that by geh scheissn". But Mr. Pfeffer opted for like "sure, sure, if you tell so...." :rolleyes:

From FAK forums I take it many of the even most reliable game-watchers don't bother to attend all that for the Volksverblödung and bias these certain people vomited out as a "indoors tournament"

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alexx said:
Not to mention the Volksverblödungs gang singing charming tunes about Wagner's mother and the legends in green "forbiding" Rachimov to play for the violet legends. As Rachimov put it: "Normally you answer that by geh scheissn". But Mr. Pfeffer opted for like "sure, sure, if you tell so...." :rolleyes:
About the chants...which fan, who attends football games more or less regularly, can actually be surprised about chants á la "deine mutter..."? It's not as outrageous as many want to put it, of course it's not clever or classy either, it's simply there.
When it comes to chants, da schenken sich beide Seiten nichts. Austria fans singing "Ihr seid die Hure Europas" or "der Hansi-Bua, das is die größte Rapid- *eh schon wissen*", that's just the same, in my opinion. It's a mentality that you find in every single stadium, from the youngest people to the oldest. And Wagner is a Reizfigur, just like Wallner or Kühbauer.

As for the final day: The final itself was amazing, very exciting.
Sowa is no FAK-friend (what else is new), in fact he must be a heavy drinker, there's no other explanation (maybe a Rauschkind, to go back to the "dei mutter"-mentality ;)).
Austria played some really really great indoor-football (2 wonderful goals), Flögel the best player of the tournament. And again about 80% Rapid-Anteil in the crowd and again Andi Marek as the one-sided derby-commentator. :yuck: Da kommen sich nicht nur die Austria-fans "papierdelt" vor.

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
...agree on your available plea about the chants. It may be slightly different, as this time even the green officials bothered to distance themselves, but maybe not, I was not there and have only TW1 evidence of the whole tournament. But, I have more than one freakout post against the certain group of singing morons among FAK supporters under my belt, the ones who nebenbei also sing against Vastic, e.g. Like once again in Stadthalle first day, right before he scored the first two goals on his way to topscorer.

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To be honest, I don't even know the exact words of that Wagner-chant. I was sitting pretty near to the small FAK-sector, so I might have missed it.
And the whole media freaks out but doesn't have the balls to print the words...

As for Vastic, I was pretty surprised, but I think that FAK-sector pretty much accepted him by now. His great final helped a bit, I guess.

What really strikes me is that noone else so far complained about the green Stadthalle. Haven't seen a complaint in any newspaper of FAK-forum so far.
So either everyone ignores it or it didn't happen and your "green biasm"-theory finally worked and screwed up my mind. ;)

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
....there is no such theory presented by me, but only mere facts.....

:)

You are right, it is pretty amazing that not much is talked about it in FAK camps. Only a few mentionings and these are basically all like Kopfschütteln, not really Aufregen. And in any forum you find a lot of the regular stadium goers revealing they just stopped attending the indoors since they are what they are now.

As for Vastic, the TW1 microphones unüberhörbar gave me the stupid "Ohne Vastic sind wir richtig gut"....and the guy started to score like a minute later. That was it, not even this small group of hardcore idiots, who went beserk in summer by stating like "Damals vor 6 Jahren beim Auswärtsspiel in der 31sten Minute kurz vor dem Corner, da hat Vastic uns den Finger gezeigt" had then hopes left of being able to revive their sore campaign.....

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
I somehow expected Vastic to be quite good, as he was the only good player for Sturm a few years ago, and they even managed to get to the final, I think. However, hopefully that doesn't turn out in a Djalminha-syndrome, whose only really good actions secured us the indoor-title last year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts