Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably I am the only one who cares but anyway....

Türkiyemspor, my favourite German club (I support them because I have such great memories about Turkey and therefor feel strongly about the Turkish community here) has won promotion to the Regionalliga :hopeful::thumbsup:

Türkiyem won its last game 4-2 and assured itself of third place, leaving TeBe Berlin and Dynamo Berlin behind them. I was there at the last game and it was great overall. Turkish ethnic music in the stadium instead of the boring "We are the champions", Turks and Germans celebrating together dancing on the pitch for about half an hour, ... and of course a well deserved victory for Türkiyem who had a great team with some technically gifted players and keep on doing a great job in bringing Germans and immigrants together :thumbsup:

Next season the club leaves the Katzbachstadion and moves to the much bigger Jahnsportpark in the Prenzlauer Berg district of the club. The future looks bright for the club and after a few seasons of absency the return to the Regionalliga is now a fact.

EN BÜYÜK TÜRKIYE, EN BÜYÜK TÜRKIYEMSPOR and best of luck in the Regionalliga! :thumbsup:

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
Probably I am the only one who cares but anyway....

Türkiyemspor, my favourite German club (I support them because I have such great memories about Turkey and therefor feel strongly about the Turkish community here) has won promotion to the Regionalliga :hopeful::thumbsup:

Türkiyem won its last game 4-2 and assured itself of third place, leaving TeBe Berlin and Dynamo Berlin behind them. I was there at the last game and it was great overall. Turkish ethnic music in the stadium instead of the boring "We are the champions", Turks and Germans celebrating together dancing on the pitch for about half an hour, ... and of course a well deserved victory for Türkiyem who had a great team with some technically gifted players and keep on doing a great job in bringing Germans and immigrants together :thumbsup:

Next season the club leaves the Katzbachstadion and moves to the much bigger Jahnsportpark in the Prenzlauer Berg district of the club. The future looks bright for the club and after a few seasons of absency the return to the Regionalliga is now a fact.

EN BÜYÜK TÜRKIYE, EN BÜYÜK TÜRKIYEMSPOR and best of luck in the Regionalliga! :thumbsup:
Türkiyemspor in the Regionalliga ? Well, you won't have such a peaceful atmosphere if they face clubs like Rostock II, Halle, Chemnitz, Magdeburg, Kiel and Lübeck. I think a lot of trouble awaits the police in the upcoming season.

·
Registered
59,249 Posts
All those clubs got extreme right wing elements to them then? :D

Kiel too?:eek: thought it'd be a peaceful place being near the Danish border

·
2,968 Posts
All those clubs got extreme right wing elements to them then? :D

Kiel too?:eek: thought it'd be a peaceful place being near the Danish border
No, i think Kiel supporters cannot be considered to be right wing. But i expect matches against Türkiyemspor to attract other people looking for trouble and those people also exist in and around Kiel.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I suppose they will play in the Regionalliga Nord, so they'll find these teams:
1. FC Magdeburg, Rot-Weiss Essen, Bor. Dortmund II, Energie Cottbus II, SV Babelsberg 03, VfB Lübeck, Hamburger SV II, SC Verl, VfL Wolfsburg II.

As well as the other promoted teams from Oberliga, i.e.:
Holstein Kiel, Altona 93, SV Wilhelmshaven, Hannover 96 II, BV Cloppenburg, Hertha BSC II, Hansa Rostock II, Gladbach II, Leverkusen II, 1. FC Köln II and 1. FC Kleve.

Not so many "dangerous" matches in my opinion. BTW nice to see Türkiyemspor in Regionalliga, and Altona 93 too! :)

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Too much 2nd teams of profi-vereine. :thmbdown: :groan: .

Funny to see FC Kleve playing so high, it's very close to where I live.

·
2,968 Posts
I suppose they will play in the Regionalliga Nord, so they'll find these teams:
1. FC Magdeburg, Rot-Weiss Essen, Bor. Dortmund II, Energie Cottbus II, SV Babelsberg 03, VfB Lübeck, Hamburger SV II, SC Verl, VfL Wolfsburg II.

As well as the other promoted teams from Oberliga, i.e.:
Holstein Kiel, Altona 93, SV Wilhelmshaven, Hannover 96 II, BV Cloppenburg, Hertha BSC II, Hansa Rostock II, Gladbach II, Leverkusen II, 1. FC Köln II and 1. FC Kleve.

Not so many "dangerous" matches in my opinion. BTW nice to see Türkiyemspor in Regionalliga, and Altona 93 too! :)
According to Kicker magazine, the RL Nord will look like this :

1. FC Magdeburg
Hamburger SV II
SV Babelsberg 03
VfB Lübeck
VfL Wolfsburg II
Altona 93
BV Cloppenburg
Hannover 96 II
Holstein Kiel
SV Wilhelmshaven
VfB Oldenburg
Chemnitzer FC
Hallescher FC
VFC Plauen
Hansa Rostock II
Hertha BSC II
Türkiyemspor Berlin
Greifswalder SV/Sachsen Leipzig

, so some more clubs with trouble potential are included and i don't know about Plauen and Greifswalder SV....

But anyway, i think i unfortunately gave this thread the wrong direction by only talking about trouble potential, so lets welcome Türkiyemspor in the Regionalliga. I will probably attend the Altona matches vs HSV II.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
VfB Oldenburg
They still have to play playoffs no? :)

http://www.vfb-oldenburg.de/pics/download/1_1212489526/vfb_vfl_040608.pdf

kicker.de said:
der Sechste bestreitet eine Qualifikationsrunde mit den beiden Staffelsiegern der Niedersachsenliga sowie den drei Meistern der Verbandsligen Bremen, Hamburg und Schleswig-Holstein. Gespielt wird in zwei Gruppen, die beiden Gruppensieger bestreiten ein Endspiel um den sechsten Regionalliga-Platz. Die Oberliga Nord wird nach der Saison 2007/08 aufgelöst.
Heeslingen finished 6th, but didn't get a license, so now Oldenburg take their place...

From wiki;
(*) Der 6. und letzte Startplatz für den Norddeutschen Fußballverband wird bis zum 18. Juni in einer Relegationsrunde zwischen den folgenden fünf Vereinen ermittelt: VfB Oldenburg als Siebtplatzierter der abgelaufenen Saison sowie VfL Oldenburg, MTV Gifhorn, Victoria Hamburg und FC Oberneuland als Vertreter der Landesverbandsligen. Der TuS Heeslingen erhielt wie der FC Bremerhaven keine Lizenz, Schleswig-Holstein stellt in der Relegation keinen Vertreter.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I expect not much problem, and if problem arises it will not be with the Türkiyem fans. They are really colourful, pleasant and multicultural. Although the majority are Turks, they also have a fair number of German fans who somehow are involved with the club. They also have a mixed team with mainly Turks but also several Germans. So they are really multicultural and the Turks and Germans in the club (both fans and players) work together really perfectly. A great example of integration that has succesfully worked!

Also, Türkiyemspor hails from the Kreuzberg area of Berlin which is the most left-wing and most tolerant part of the city.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
:thumbsup: Congrats on making the Regionalliga, and good luck. Never knew that there was such a big Turkish influence in Germany, except I read somewhere that one got a position in the parliment or something like that. Nevertheless good luck.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There are about 2million Turks living here in Germany, and Berlin alone has ten thousands of Turks. Berlin is sometimes called the biggest Turkish city outside of Turkey :)

Not surprisingly we have many Turkish teams here: Berlin Ankaraspor, FC Besiktas, FC Trabzonspor, Berlin Türkspor, SV Galatasaray, Galatasaray Spandau, Al-Dersimspor, ... But only Türkiyemspor is really succesful, this is the second time in their history they make it to the Regionalliga :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Would be nice if they would come togehter, and make a joint team. Then there would be a nice chance of getting even higher.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All good players amongst them would go to Türkiyem sooner or later anyway as they are by far the strongest, biggest and best supported of all. The other Turkish teams are tiny amateur teams in the amateur leagues while Türkiyemspor is back in the Regionalliga, so every good player wanting to play for a "Turkish" team would eventually end up with Türkiyemspor.

There are Turkish teams in other German cities as well, but none of them plays at a relatively high level like the Berlin-based Turkiyemspor. Berlin itself also has a Croatian club, an Italian club, a Greek club, an Arab club, a Jewish club, and a Latino team. It's a very multicultural city and so is the local football scene :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Any Bosnian clubs?

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Thanks, do you know if any of these teams play in a high league, or atleast Semi-proffesional.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No :( I would love to see more ethnic minority teams in the higher leagues. Unfortunately there is only Türkiyemspor (new into Regionalliga) and maybe Berlin Ankaraspor (one league below Regionalliga but finished bottom)

The others are all in the amateur leagues, which means level 5 and lower.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts