Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Its been a good game up until halftime.. fast tempo game. GS have had the upper hand up until now.... GS 1 - 0 Bursa. Header from Hakan Sukur.

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
The crowd is cheering for Ümit Karan and Saidou and booing Petre.

Hagi doesnt look too happy about this!

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
What GS fans are doing to Petre is shameful......i dont get why they are blaming Petre for?

If it's about Ümit Karan and Saidou then they should boo hagi not Petre.....:rollani:

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Poor Petre the fans tore him apart. They were shouting anti Petre curses and chants for the last 15/20 mins of the game.... everytime the ball touched his foot they would boo and whistle.... I'm sure he felt like sh!t. Bootleg fan support.

Good game for GS... Bursaspor had some good positions and couldve equalized but were unlucky. Congrats to GS.

·
Registered
475 Posts
This sure was a day that all galatasaray fans should forget. The fans were cheering for saidoo who did not play a single good game for us.. Lets see where he will be in the coming years. The fans are determined not to make things easier for hagi and the team.. dont understand why though?

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Cengo said:
What GS fans are doing to Petre is shameful......i dont get why they are blaming Petre for?

If it's about Ümit Karan and Saidou then they should boo hagi not Petre.....:rollani:
It's obvious why they booed Petre, they didn't have the balls to boo Hagi.
Anyway, I read in a newspaper that the GS board refuses to accept Plesan's transfer.
What other players does Hagi want? I mean, if you have a coach and you don't give him the players he wants, or at least the cheap ones like Plesan, maybe it's better you didn't hire him in the first place.

·
*the drum drum*
42,909 Posts
It was a protest to Hagi. And it's not because they don't have the balls to boo Hagi, idiots will do anything. The reason is that they wanted to get a message across to Hagi that instead of sacrificing those two he should've sent Petre instead..

The point they tried to make was right, but the fans have no right to interfere with the running of a club. And they way in which they done it was a disgrace.. And this is coming from someone who believes in the point behind the protest..

Ergun Gursoy was on TRT, and gave every hint that they'd definitely be signing Plesan..
"We're signing someone for sure, but I won't disclose his name yet"
...."Is he a foreigner?"
"Yes he's a foreigner"
...."Are you looking to sign any Turks?"
"No, we're not looking for any Turkish players. Maybe if we find a capable back-up we might, like a 4th forward.. But I don't think so.."
...."Is the foreigner Plesan?"
"I don't want to give his name, but he's a player that our coach wants very much" :howler:
...."Have you seen Plesan, is he a good player?"
"I've heard very good things about him, our coach Hagi rates him highly so we trust him"

Talk about keeping things discreet, eh? :howler:

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
I actually don't feel sad for Petre at all, but also do not appreciate the bahaviour of the fans of course.

Hagi made two horrible mistakes in the last month. One was letting go of Umit K. and the other letting go of Saidou.

Largo you are saying Saidou has not played a game. He actually did play a couple of games starting with the Istanbulspor game, and he was much better than Petre in any aspect. If only he would have gotten the chances that Petre had in this team in the past two years.

I can not understand why anyone would play a player like Petre. He has no skill whatsoever. Can't stop any attack, can't pass, can't challenge the opponent.

I thought Tamas was actually the best player out of the Petre, Bratu trio. But even he was sent away.

It was a shameful day, first time in Gala's history was a player booed this badly for 20 minutes.

This kind of reaction was going to take place if we didn't win the championship, it came earlier because of some dumb ass :rolleyes:

·
Registered
70,047 Posts
Ov.Petre should leave Galata. His performances have been a total fail there and I can understand some of the Gala fans.

On the same way, I can´t understand the behaviour of the Gala board. At this moment I don´t think Plesan should go there. I think the fans would be against him since the first moment and that´s not good for a young player like him. Hagi should let Petre leave and stop definitively the Plesan transfer. I think that would be good for all, don´t you think?

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Hagi wanted Saidou out instead of Petre so the foreign player contingent would open up.

People are already very skeptical about Plesan, and they are going to be very skeptical about any Romanian player from now on until a reputable one comes along. But dont worry about Plesan coming anyway, this board cant even buy a player from the Turkish 2nd division.

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
I didn't get to see the match and would be interested in hearing / seeing the anti-Petre chants and boos for myself.
Does anyone have a video clip to upload? Thx

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Flying Hellfish said:
People are already very skeptical about Plesan, and they are going to be very skeptical about any Romanian player from now on until a reputable one comes along.
Don't worry, after the treatment Petre and other Romanians have received, none of them want to come to Turkey anymore. Plesan was very interested initially, and I'm sure he would have been an amazing playmaker had he been given the chance. However, knowing that he was probably going to have the fans turned against him I would rather see him playing in San Marino than in Turkey...

I don't mean any disrespect to Turkey and I wish GS continued success but it's just what I feel right now.

·
Banned
639 Posts
Marius, I wouldn't worry about it too much. This is just a case of some idiots behaving very badly. The last two seasons have been horrible for GS (what with bad league performance and and wasted European campaigns) and now, with the club improving, I don't see how some supporters can act like this. It's very confusing how they complain about Saidou leaving when Conceicao has been playing over Petre and Saidou anyways. I think Plesan would have been a good transfer for the club. If he always plays like he did in that game against Germany, he would be a nice acquisition.

·
*the drum drum*
42,909 Posts
This is not an issue with Romanians, no matter how much you might wish it to be..

It's an issue with a useless footballer (Petre) and a useful footballer (Saidou)..

Say what you want about the other Romanians, but Petre and Bratu have been nothing short of absolutely useless. Tamas was half decent, but GS made a nice little profit by selling him to Russia like they did..

And I don't think any GS fans would really care about missing out on Plesan. Hakan Yakin has already proved himself an international level player, while Plesan is riding his reputation with a single goal against Germany.. Even Pancu came out and said Plesan is a half baked player who needs a lot more time and experience to be anything worth talking about..
Wow, tough choice, but I think I'd lean towards Hakan Yakin..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts