Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we're all outraged at the ref for screwing us yesterday, I was so emotionally knackered from the B-REZIL game that I went to bed and slept for three hours!!!

But the point of this thread is to say that we (the team) need to start concentrating about the next game against Costa Rica who have just beaten China 2-0.

I know we all all expect to beat both these teams, but I hate underestimating opposition regardless of who they are, and I also feel that I don't want to treat other so-called smaller teams in the same manner as we used to get treated.

The next goal is to beat Costa Rica!

P.S. I hope we play with two strikers against Costa Rica and China!

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Yes, those guys are not so weak, and no need to underestimate them. PLayers must have the same concentration they had in the match against Brazil.
But there will be no excuses for defeat. So, bring us 3 pts, guys!!

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
I watched the game, they are pretty fast and skilled players so we have to play a good game.

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
If we dont underestimate them we should win.
I saw the game today and i wasnt impressed. The teams played in such a slow pace and there where so many bad passes. The only reason why Costa Rica looked liked a decent team was because China was even worse. If it wasnt for Saudi Arabia China would be the worst team at the world cup, and Costa Rica was only a little bit better. The difference between the two teams was that Costa Rica had better strikers.

On Danish TV they said Turkey should have no problems beating both China and Costa Rica. Two of the worst team in the World cup.
If we dont beat Costa Rica we dont deserve to qualify to the next round.

I wonder how the lineup for the match is going to be. I hope he plays with to strikers and replace Alpay with Emre A. and Ünsal with Ergün.
Lots of people are saying that we could be in trouble because of the two suppensions, but I think the the subs are at least as good.

Prediction: 2-0 for Turkey :)

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
Lots of people are saying that we could be in trouble because og the two suppensions, but I think the the subs are at least as good.
I agree, suspension won't prevent us from what we can do:)

Up until the time of CostaRica game we will have a chance to relax and forget about the Brazil game. :cool:

BTW, I am not sure, if China and Costa Rica are the weakest teams, we are gonna see soon;)

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
If the players are still concerned with the Brazil game, then we could have a bad day against Costa Rica, but I think we will win 2-1.

We could beat China 4-0 with our "D" team, so I am not worried about that game at all.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
We could beat China 4-0 with our "D" team, so I am not worried about that game at all.
This is just what we can´t talk about, us trashing them. It´s nothing wrong with selfconfidence but we need not to underestimate China, not any other team either.

·
Rising Star
872 Posts
Senol Gunes must find better tactics for those matches because GK-5Defence-4Midfield-space-space-space-Hakan Sukur tactic clearly doesn't work...

·
Registered
181 Posts
Thanks to the referee, they had lost points and players but you could see that they were proud of their performance. So morals are still good.

Emre Asik and Ergun will even be better for this match. I beleive we will win this game but we still have a chance if it results in a draw. Brasil will trash China and Costa Rica to make Ronaldo the most scorer and we will win in our last game since it will be a formality game for China.

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Prior to the finals, this game scared me more than the Brazil game. I knew we'd go out and play well against the Brazilians but I also know our attitude against smaller teams. Hopefully the fact that it is the WC will be the encouraging factor. And maybe Hakan will score...

·
Registered
674 Posts
Good Luck

I've pulled for both Costa Rica and Turkey to this point. Don't underestimate the Ticos. Absent injuries this spring, they would be a very good side. They are only 80% the team they were in the qualifying rounds of CONCAF. No one knows how their subs are going to do. Certainly, they are going to be tougher with one game under their belts, and a win at that.

Congratulations again for a great game against Brazil. Red cards are not as bad as injuries if you guys can get through this next game. I agree, you'll beat China easily. It may come down to goal differentials, yet.

Oldplayer
(US FORUM)

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
kadri said:
Senol Gunes must find better tactics for those matches because GK-5Defence-4Midfield-space-space-space-Hakan Sukur tactic clearly doesn't work...
agreed.

There is just too much spoace in between midfield and attack, Emre has to get close to attack as well as Okan must be ready for this game to play on offensive rigt wing.

Thanks Oldplayer.:) We can replace the suspensions because we have even a better left back, Ergun from galatasaray and nearly as good defender Emre again from gala, so we have no worries about that.

I watched them yesterday, they are indeed a good team especially on offense, we have more quality players but wc atmposhere is always iddferent and i just hope our players will be mentally fit by then because if thats set, we will achieve.

·
*the drum drum*
43,001 Posts
P.S. I hope we play with two strikers against Costa Rica and China!
Hasan and Yildiray with the support of 2 strikers (Hakan and Arif/Ilhan) would be an awesome attack..

Notice how the space between the 4 mids and Hakan got so much bigger after Senol Gunes subbed out Yildiray? :mad:

I really think Bulent shouldn't play this match, as the strikers (Gomez-Wanchope) seem too fast for him to mark properly...We could shift Fatih into the middle and bring in Umit Davala to play on the right...
Costa Rica's game style will provide Hasan and Yildiray with a lot more space than they need to punish defences...At times, the middle of the park is non existant for the Costa Ricans...
And with Emre (and hopefully Okan...Please recover Okan!) in the midfield, this is were we will win the game...
China kept possession so easily against Costa Rica, so our players will have no problem doing the same thing....

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
Oh Sh(i)t, not another dodgy Ref...
A refree from Benin:confused: , no offense to anybody, but a refree from a country where there is no league. And as you know there is no refree from Turkiye because they were underqualified:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Yes another crappy ref. We are trying to change the ref, I hope we are successful. It is obvious FIFA don't want Turkey to succeed. I hope Gunes is waking up and listened to Terim's comments after the Brazil game. Alpay not being there is going to create difficulties. But I think we'll be fine. I would play

Rustu
Umit Ozat
Fatih Emre Bulent Ergun

for our defense. I heard Okan is going to miss this game too so I would play this sort of a midfield:

Hasan Yildiray Emre

And upfront I would put 2 strikers, not just Hakan, because Hakan is playing good as a dead man. He has really lost his form. He is not near the old Hakan. But he is a superstar so Gunes has to play him:)) only in Turkey), which I don't agree with but Gunes will play him no matter what so I would put:

Ilhan Hakan

I think Ozat played well against Brazil so I would keep him as a sweeper. Ergun and Fatih will help the midfield constantly, so our midfield will be strong. Ilhan is also a great passer and a finisher, if he starts the game he will be a great partner for Hakan upfront. I really hope we win these two games and advance. It would be sad not to with such a great squad. But I'm confident we'll go through!!!

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
5 defenders look too many to me. Unless Fatih and Ergun runs up a lot, which I think will not happen under the control of Gunes:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Looks like Bulent Korkmaz will be left out of the first 11, so we will probably play a 4-5-1 lineup with Hakan up front, while Hasan, Emre, Yildiray, Tugay and Umit will dominate the midfield. In defence it will be Emre Asik, Umit Özat, Fatih and Ergun.

Don´t really know if it´s right to play only on forward in Hakan and Bulent being dropped :confused:

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
what about Okan?

If he plays Umit, I dont know what to tell him.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Maestro10 said:

Don´t really know if it´s right to play only on forward in Hakan and Bulent being dropped :confused:
Dropping Bulent might be alright but playing Hakan all by himself up front is just a stupid idea of a scared coach. At least play Ilhan as one forward instead of Hakan if you are that scared. At least he can create something. Hakan doesnt even win any airballs anymore:mad:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts