Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here we go, the last match in the group. Are we capable of showing the form we should? or are we 'again' going to ask questions about why our NT didn't meet our expectations?

The Chinese have improved over the two games and may go out with no pressure and hence cause us problems OR remain open enough for Turkey to exploit the spaces.

Alpay and Hakan.U are back; will Hakan.S play? Will it all be worth it in the end (Brazil-CR game)?

As a tv commentator pointed out here, Turkey have scored in all World Cup games in their history (ok, not too many to count). I imagine that statistic won't change here.

So what's the line-up? And what are we to expect?

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
In my mind I had the feeling that it will come to this. :eek:

I expect the team to put a decent performance and win. ;)

If we can win it with 2-0 or 3-1 or sth like this I would be extra happy;)

And we're gonna hope that Brazil will do well.

About line up, I don't wanna provoke anybody. But I would probably use Hakan Sukur for whole game, probably Arif in one half and Ilhan at the other half:)

I wouldn't probably use Muzzy.

I guess that would be my line-up

--------------------------Rustu--------------------------
Fatih-----------Emre-----------Alpay-----------Ergun
Yildiray--------Tugay----------Emre-----------Hasan
---------------Arif---------------------Hakan------------

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I hope it works out for us. Brazil beat Costa Rica and Turkey beat China. But whatever the result Gunes should get fired, even if we win 20-0. His mistakes are not forgivable.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I so am disgusted with our play against Costa rica.....and it made me so depressed......this game will probably make me more sad because if we displaye the same football against china as we did against those mayates we will probably loose.

My prediction will be China- Turkey 2-0 and Senol will be fired, Hakan will quit the national team and we will have another turkish coach that knows zipp about football. Turkey will stand still in it´s football developement.

I am really pissed with football.......

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
It is time to show Hakan Sukur that his place in the national team is not guaranteed. I personally dont give a damn if he gets double hat trick in this game. His fans and him should admit that his time has passed. He has been the greatest striker in the Turkish football history but he has to leave his place to some other people.

I would go for Ilhan and Arif up front. Here is my line up.

---------------------------------Rustu--------------------------------
Fatih----------------Alpay---------------Emre--------------Ergun
Hasan--------------Yildiray-------------Emre--------------Hakan
----------------------Ilhan----------------Arif------------------------

·
Rising Star
872 Posts
my line up

-------------Rustu
--------Alpay----Bulent
Fatih---------------------Hakan
-----------Ergun
------Yildiray---Emre
-----------Hasan
-------Arif-----Hakan

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
I like Kadris lineup. Only i would prefer Ilhan instead of Arif.

We still have a small chance of progressing, and I believe we will be strong enough to do our part. We just have to hope Brazil does their part.

My predictions:

Turkey - China 3-0

Brazil - Costa Rica 1-1 (Costa Rica equalize in injury time) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
---------------------Rustu--------------------------
------------Alpay--------------Bulent K------------
Fatih A------------------------------------Hakan U
--------------------Emre B--------------------------
Okan B------------------------------------Hasan S
--------------------Basturk-------------------------
-------------Ilhan------------Hakan S-------------

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Turkey-China 5-0

Brazil-Costa Rica 2-1

We make it to the 2nd Round

Japan-Turkey 1-2

Quertar-Finals

England-Turkey 0-1

Semi-Finals

Turkey-Brazil 2-1

We make the Final

Italy-Turkey 0-1

WE WIN THE WORLD CUP 2002!

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I really wish I could be as positive as you are, but the WC is over for us.....even if we manage to beat china we haven´t played good football wich is the most important thing for me. Let the teams that plays a entertaining football qualify instead of us.

Why can´t the NT just be Gala.....then we would be exited....but that is just a dream that never would come true.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Flying Hellfish said:
It is time to show Hakan Sukur that his place in the national team is not guaranteed. I personally dont give a damn if he gets double hat trick in this game. His fans and him should admit that his time has passed. He has been the greatest striker in the Turkish football history but he has to leave his place to some other people.

I disagree, I think the greatest turkish striker is Metin Oktay. I also disagree that Hakan's time is over. We need to cross him the ball not pass him. Hakan is not a creator he is a finisher. I think Hakan is still a good player and deserves a spot in the team. They need to work to Hakan like they did in Gala. The reason this is so important is because we don't have any one that can finish like Hakan, maybe Ilhan, but only one striker will not be effective. Even Ronaldo or Vieri or Henry don't play up front alone. So I think Hakan will be really good if he plays with Arif or Ilhan, I prefer Ilhan, because Arif misses too much. But they were a great duo in Gala, but I think Arif should come in in the 60th minute if Hakan and Ilhan don't work. I think the player who shouldn't definatly be there is Umit Davala, Tayfun has played well all year for Real S. He should have been there. Well I hope waq's predictions happen, but I don't think it will with Senol Gunes. It would be a miracle if we passed this group. Here is my line up:

__________________Rustu____________________

Fatih_______Emre__________Bulent________Hakan

__________________Emre_____________________

___Okan_____________________________Hasan__

__________________Yildiray____________________

___________Ilhan____________Hakan____________

We will kill any team if we play a good tactic(which has yet to happen, because of Gunes) with this line up. I'm still hoping and behind my country. Whatever happens happens, there is still Gala, which will make us happy forever!!!!

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
waq said:
Turkey-China 5-0

Brazil-Costa Rica 2-1

Japan-Turkey 1-2

Quertar-Finals

England-Turkey 0-1

Semi-Finals

Turkey-Brazil 2-1

We make the Final

Italy-Turkey 0-1

LOL:dielaugh:

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
I thought that we had the potential to make the Quarterfinals easily, but now I am not sure about the second round. But even with the Brazilian subs, I am certain that if we play well, and that is a big if, we should be able to go through:nervous:

If we win 3-1, and Brazil wins 2-0, we are through, right? That does not seem that hard, but we shall see.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Guys, Turkiye must beat China, MUST MUST!!!
IRELI TURKIYE!
DON"T THINK ABOUT COSTA, LET THEM THINK ABOUT US!:D

COME ON TURKIYE AND ITALIA, BRING ME SOME BEAUTIFUL MOMENTS!!:)

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
Today Paraguay was in the same situation as Turkey will be in tomorrow.
With only one point after 2 matches they had to win against Slovenia with 2 goals and at the same time South Africa had to loose against Spain.
The result of the two matches: Spain - South Africa 3-2 and Paraguay - Slovenia 3-1, so Paraguay went through.

I think Turkey can do what Paraguay did :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
waq said:
Turkey-China 5-0

Brazil-Costa Rica 2-1

Japan-Turkey 1-2

Quertar-Finals

England-Turkey 0-1

Semi-Finals

Turkey-Brazil 2-1

We make the Final

Italy-Turkey 0-1

what pisses me off is we have power and ability but not luck in order to get these scores... Especially having a stupid chicken ******* coach is the most damn luck. I wonder if he was an average coach, would he have lost the domestic title in 96... imagine! your team is 1-0 ahead at last 10 minutes and draw would be enough for title but you change the line up and turn in to attacking formation at last 10 minutes and loose the game 2-1. The most stupid thing is he did not get any lesson from this historical dumbness and made almost same thing in Brazil game.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
what pisses me off is we have power and ability but not luck in order to get these scores... Especially having a stupid chicken ******* coach is the most damn luck. I wonder if he was an average coach, would he have lost the domestic title in 96... imagine! your team is 1-0 ahead at last 10 minutes and draw would be enough for title but you change the line up and turn in to attacking formation at last 10 minutes and loose the game 2-1. The most stupid thing is he did not get any lesson from this historical dumbness and made almost same thing in Brazil game.
I forgot about that incident totally. I think who was it Aykut and Aygun scored and then Aykut and Oguz was kicked out of Fener at the end of the seaon:D

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
YES! bloody YES!:D

I wan unable to watch the Turkish match, but watched the Brazil one. Well done, we were paranoid.

So how did we play chaps?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts