Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
History always repeats ,like hero and on screen actors get maximum oviation ,very rarely does back stage people get credit for massive effort they put

sylvinho has been one of the most commited players and pretty decent left back(best attacking possible now)..from days where he was second to gio and now to abidal sometimes preferred above them with all those things i have never even seen him once complaining about his situation and also he has always defended his team and players (like eto ,edmilson and ronnie incidents)...professionalism really comes into picture when i think about him...i do think he can be used much more especially in home games

his contract runs out this year even though he has stated his will to play for many seasons to come the board hasnt moved an inch ...i really dont understand why they are delaying so much...hope contract will be renewed and we all can see sylvinho with more dazzling runs

·
Messiah
9,580 Posts
Hope he renew his contract.

Sylvinho :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
I like him a lot and it was quite strange that he was always the backup to gio...

IMO, Abidal is a bit better and i prefer him but Sylvinho is more than a good back up!

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
Indeed, he's the most professional player in our team. He's the same on and off the pitch no matter crisis, glory, springs or winters. I hope that Laporta knows that, he deserves few years more and we need him, too.

In BarçaTV series where players teach children some technical elements, Sylvinho left the strongest impression to REALLY teach them, not parade like a movie star. Dedication model, maybe deserving to be considered as one of the captains.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Should definitely be renewed his contract for 1 year minimum as reserve left back with option to be starter in most home games. Model of professionalism, our biggest threat in attack every time he plays.

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,659 Posts
I agree with all this. There was a funny scene the other day outside CN. Sylvinho was a bit late for training so he got someone to drive him and got changed in the car. Then he ran from his car to the ground in his kit past all the astounded tourists as if he was just going for a jog. (those who knew who he was of course).

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
That's amazing A.J., didn't know that. This team don't deserve him, unless they all try to learn from that and the board try to value it.

And it seems that he and Henry are the only pair of players who understands the crossing principles and profit from that kind of play. Last night Bojan and Eto'o used that, too. We gotta work on that more, we can score more goals and make the opponent thinking about widening their defense, which can also bring more chances for through balls.

When you use more different attacking approaches, it's harder for the opponent to successfully get ready for the game (like all do to us lately) and to set up combined zone-marking defense. We need Sylvinho for that and we have him. His contract prolongation will be one of our best moves for the next season.

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
My mind goes back to the Barca v Celtic match earlier this month when, on numerous occasions our defence struggled to deal with an oncharging dribbler with amazing skill named Sylvinho. Was amazing to watch, thats when you know have talent, when your left backs are as skillful as your attackers.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree with all this. There was a funny scene the other day outside CN. Sylvinho was a bit late for training so he got someone to drive him and got changed in the car. Then he ran from his car to the ground in his kit past all the astounded tourists as if he was just going for a jog. (those who knew who he was of course).
wow truly amazing ..he is an asset to team
i am really happy to hear that so many of u guys here respect him and admire him bcoz ,back stage workers work is rarely noticed

·
Seis Copas
5,517 Posts
I'm not gonna lie, when we let GIO go for Slyvinho I was really pissed off but Slyvinho proved me wrong and he's been amazing so far, stepping up whenever he's been called up. He's been an amazing professional as well as far as being satisfied with his role in the team as a back up. :thumbsup:

I hope we renew his contract.

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
I'm not gonna lie, when we let GIO go for Slyvinho I was really pissed off but Slyvinho proved me wrong and he's been amazing so far, stepping up whenever he's been called up. He's been an amazing professional as well as far as being satisfied with his role in the team as a back up. :thumbsup:

I hope we renew his contract.
We didnt let Gio go, he left us with an option to leave for free if he went to Feyenoord. Gio could've stayed, and then Sylvinho would've been released instead. But Gio didn't want to play second fiddle to Abidal, like Sylvinho is willing, so he chose to captain Feyenoord (his favourite club) instead.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts