Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Slyvain mved from Arsenal back to Ligue1 a couple of seasons ago, I know he was pretty good when he was with Bordouex a couple of seasons back in the late 90's ...

John moved from Valencia, I dont think he had a great time there but he's @ Lyon now...

What I want to know...

1. How are these players doing at the club (Lyon)?
2. Do they have a good partenrship?
3. Have they improved or settled well in the team ..?

·
Registered
42,613 Posts
nahtino said:
John moved from Valencia, I dont think he had a great time there but he's @ Lyon now...
He moved to Roma and then Besiktas after his stint with Valencia before joining Lyon.

Regarding the two players, Wiltord has been one of Lyon's outstanding players. Carew had an excellent start to his career with o'l, but then dipped a bit. Still he's made a good contribution though.

Apologies about not answering all your questions, but I'll leave them to someone who's seen more of Lyon.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
I think that Wiltord was outstanding yesterday. A tad unlucky at times but he seemed to be the man with the plan at Lyon with the absence of Juninho. I'm not that impressed by Carew. I think he would fit in the EPL actually.

·
Registered
19,837 Posts
I think Sylvain settled very fast and was a great improvement for Lyon. He can play in almost every position in Lyon's attack line, but with Malouda on the left, he is at the right place on the right flank.

Carew is not maybe a top striker, but he is always having a hard work as alone striker. Maybe he commits too much fouls and looks clumsy at times, but i think he is doing ok on overall, on what i have seen from lyon so far this season.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok then.. some one sed he'd perhaps make it in the EPL..

so what wud U say to a

Borgetti (Mexico forward) vs John Carew comparison...?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Wiltord is very good.
Quick , fast, serious, good partner.
A true player, and at lyon he's one of the master of the team.

Carew made a good beginning in lyon this season, but now he's very down.
A lot of foul with he arm, don't score during a lot of game.Against milan he was pathetic.

·
Registered
626 Posts
nahtino said:
ok then.. some one sed he'd perhaps make it in the EPL..

so what wud U say to a

Borgetti (Mexico forward) vs John Carew comparison...?
carew is tall, very tall, butthat strange he don't sore many goal with the header.Not a true post player, and not a space player(play like henry in space in the back of defender).
A shit player if you want my opinion.
Borgetti?
I never seen him play.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts