Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
41,611 Posts
I'm watching from home.

We're playing a diamond with Jack at the bottom.

Hart
Stones - Jones - Cahill - Baines
Wilshere
Henderson - F Delph
Sterling
Rooney
Welbeck​

Strange formation. Woy was muttering something about it taking years for Pirlo to master that role. Not sure WHAT THAT has to do with anything.

Switzerland probably the better team. I just hope Rooney and Jones finish the game.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Returning to Turin for a week tomorrow then back to London for another few months there.

Hoping to catch plenty of England's qualifying campaign. Sort of my 2nd team now I guess (after Italy off course).

I don't think Hodgson is good enough though.

·
Registered
41,611 Posts
God knows what some referees are looking at. Obvious penalty denied. Swiss cvnt injures himself in the process. Switzerland don't play the ball out when they're in possession yet we are forced to when we win it. Then he gets back up after a while and slides in again two minutes later. Tiresome.

·
Registered
41,611 Posts
Yeah we played well on the break, and overall even though the Swiss were poor. Good win in the supposed toughest fixture of the group.

Two goals for Danny tonight, that means he won't score for Arsenal for ten.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
England done very well tonight, actually some light at the end of a dark tunnel from that performance.

·
Registered
15,540 Posts
If England want to be remotely serious about 2016, now is the time to get rid of Woy and bring in someone with a clue. As qualification is practically secured now, this gives a window of opportunity for new players and a new system to be embedded with a new manager. However, the FA would see it as counter-intuitive to sack a manager just after the most difficult victory on paper, but they're not thinking outside the box.

·
Registered
69,133 Posts
England already qualified that's how watered down this format is and this group. Basically as long as England wins their home games against the might Estonia, San Marino, Lithuania and Slovenia they are through even if they lose 2-3 away games

1 - 18 of 18 Posts