Xtratime Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If SHALOM one day reigns in haaretz....do you think that Israel would mind switching to the ASIAN FOOTBALL CONFEDERATION (AFC), since most of those countries including arab are going to stop being hostile to us?

i mean, its a big leap and its a risky one as well. For all we know, our clubs might get worse, cause were not in UEFA, but on the other hand we can become a POWER HOUSE and have no more of the challenge that Saudi Arabia, Iran or Korea/Japan gives us...

Is it worth it?

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
this is a hypothetical situation so nothing really to discuss but even if there is , I won't because not many NTs switch federations and in UEFA we got a chance to improve. with all due respect to Asia apart from the hosting Nations of the World Cup the other Asian teams have shown that you can't progress anywhere in Asia unless you host a world cup and have 4 years to spend in preperations.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
You dont understand - I said that Asian teams are weak and have no chance to do anything in the world cup unless they host the competition! qualify for the worldcup by playing Uzbekistan and Thailand is nice but does it worth the risk of losing 8:0
and humiliate yourself worldwide range.?

I prefer to get stronger by playing in the UEFA , we will eventually make a big competition, trust me.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, i mean...

look at this way....
ever since we came to UEFA back in 1990...

we were in:
1994 - 2nd Last place in Group
1996 - Im not sure, i think 3rd
1998 - 3rd
2000 - 2nd****
2002- 3rd

The last time we ever came in a playoff position run for the WC was in 1990, but still...the fact is that we can become a total powerhouse in Asia, and who knows....how can u be so sure that the next person after blatter in maybe 10 years after seeing peace in the mid-east will decide to move us to AFC???

I mean, i look at it as in a good and bad too.
I see that if we go, we can be #1 in our Region, but our leauges and Foreign Leauge competition will be hurt like UEFA C/CL
:(

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
It's simple, we move to AFC, we become a powerhouse, we become worse in level of play due to lack of strong opponents. So I say NO!

In 1996 we finished 4th by the way, and last in 1994.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So we finished horribly???

How are we ever going to fix it???

I suggested it, because we could have manage in the AFC, it will be easy for us, just like it was in 1990 or 1970 when we almost made in the WC and did eventually...

So come on! ;) Alteast join the OCeania?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts