Xtratime Community banner

61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Banned
3,642 Posts
In a parallel universe, this match ended 4-1 or 5-1. Shame that same guy couldn't have scored from 2 identical chances he had moments before Pavlyochenko's goal.
yea that was a real shame:thmbdown:
i hope somehow YB can hold spurs to a draw at WHL

·
Registered
68,881 Posts
FC Basel win 1:0 against Sheriff. A nervy game, Basel had like 70% possession but I must say Sheriff had the better chances, mostly on set pieces. They even hit the post twice. Basel though have to kick themselves for missing a penalty in the 90th minute which would have I think sealed the tie. Its still advantage Basel as Sheriff need to score twice.

Good news for Basel is that 3 guys on Sheriff are suspended for the next match, including their playmaker Erokhin.

·
Banned
3,642 Posts
FC Basel win 1:0 against Sheriff. A nervy game, Basel had like 70% possession but I must say Sheriff had the better chances, mostly on set pieces. They even hit the post twice. Basel though have to kick themselves for missing a penalty in the 90th minute which would have I think sealed the tie. Its still advantage Basel as Sheriff need to score twice.

Good news for Basel is that 3 guys on Sheriff are suspended for the next match, including their playmaker Erokhin.
how did shaqiri do?

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
Fink is not starting Tembo in these CL games. :irritate:

As is usual so far in CL Tembo replaced Shaqiri around the 70 min mark.

·
Registered
68,881 Posts
Shaqiri assisted the Basel goal but didn't do much, and the thing is the defender marking him got a yellow early in the match and yet they rarely attacked at him.

Nobody on Basel stood out, only Costanzo I guess who made some good saves and the CB pairing of Abraham-Atan

Oh yeah I forgot to mention Basel had a goal disallowed, which I thought was the wrong call but they still should have converted the PK and they got lucky a few times. Sheriff only really looked dangerous on set pieces, but maybe they will open up at home

·
Registered
68,881 Posts
mixed day for Swiss clubs in the EL playoffs

Grasshopper Zurich lost 1:0 in Romania to Steaua Bucharest. Still an open tie but GC can't concede a goal in Zurich unless they plan to score some goals.

Lausanne (remember, a midtable second division squad) drew 1:1 with Lokomotiv Moscow. Some result to even get to the playoffs yet alone draw one of the Russian giants

·
Registered
7,326 Posts
Just finished watching Basel - Sheriff. ****ing hell is that Shaqiri guy good. He's football's very own Shaq :D *sarcastic drum beat*

BS aside, he's one of the best 18 year olds I've ever seen play. It's unbelievable how he can dribble, distribute the ball, make intelligent runs and plays, etc. at such a young age. He's also short, but very powerful. He has a very strong pair of legs... no one can take this guy down. His build, dribbling, and distribution reminds me of Rooney.

·
Banned
3,642 Posts
Just finished watching Basel - Sheriff. ****ing hell is that Shaqiri guy good. He's football's very own Shaq :D *sarcastic drum beat*

BS aside, he's one of the best 18 year olds I've ever seen play. It's unbelievable how he can dribble, distribute the ball, make intelligent runs and plays, etc. at such a young age. He's also short, but very powerful. He has a very strong pair of legs... no one can take this guy down. His build, dribbling, and distribution reminds me of Rooney.
really hoping that kosovo will be accepted by fifa/uefa this september/october, so we can be selected into groups for FIFA world cup qualification drawings in december

·
Registered
7,326 Posts
Don't you Serbs have your own national team to root for? Why would you care so much about if another nation gets a license to play or w/e? IDK, some of you guys are just total fucks imo.

·
Banned
3,642 Posts
and then u woke up :excited:
you guys are sore loosers. how many times do you have to loose to get it through ur head and come to reality?
1999, lost the war, 2008 lost politically, 2010 lost judicially, and this is just kosovo, i didnt mention your losses to slovenia, bosnia and croatia.
serbia=a nation of loosers, even their biggest national holiday is a loss(1389) hahahaha:howler:

dont worry, in a month or two, i will not forget this comment and i will come to remind you of kosovo's membership into FIFA/UEFA ;)

·
Registered
81 Posts
you guys are sore loosers. how many times do you have to loose to get it through ur head and come to reality?
1999, lost the war, 2008 lost politically, 2010 lost judicially, and this is just kosovo, i didnt mention your losses to slovenia, bosnia and croatia.
serbia=a nation of loosers, even their biggest national holiday is a loss(1389) hahahaha:howler:

dont worry, in a month or two, i will not forget this comment and i will come to remind you of kosovo's membership into FIFA/UEFA ;)
u are naive if u think Kosovo is gonna accepted into fifa/uefa anytime soon.. maybe in a few decades but a month or even a year or 2 is impossible. loosers?? maybe ur ass is loose but not mine

·
Registered
334 Posts
and then u woke up :excited:
Don't mind this guy. He's probably 14 and a complete troll judging by his previous posts.

·
Banned
3,642 Posts
u are naive if u think Kosovo is gonna accepted into fifa/uefa anytime soon.. maybe in a few decades but a month or even a year or 2 is impossible. loosers?? maybe ur ass is loose but not mine
why dont you start by improving your english, than come back to me and talk about politics.
maybe you will understand this, it is over.
refer to Dobrica Cosic famous quote for further answers ;)

·
Banned
3,642 Posts
Wow, 17 year old Xhaka and 18 year old Shaqiri played the entire match :thumbsup:

Both goals in the last 10 mins of the match.
ye, its impressive, i hope they continue to develop

·
Banned
3,642 Posts

·
Registered
68,881 Posts
FC Basel qualify for the Champions League after a 4:0 aggregate victory over FC Sheriff.

Basel won 3:0, a scoreline which will somewhat flatter them because that was one of the worst games I saw, seemed like both teams were happy with 0:0 :howler: Sheriff fell apart at the end and Basel scores three goals to seal the tie. Up until the 75th minute Basel only had I think 1 shot on target, not that Sheriff was any better, they can't score in open play and played way too defensive for a team which needed a goal.

I fear for Basel, they made the CL but if they get a killer draw like they did a few years ago in the CL it can get ugly for them. I think the best hope for them is to finish 3rd and continue in the Europa League knockout stages

61 - 80 of 90 Posts