Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was that my life flashing in front of my eyes as down went Keller, Down went Mathis, Beasley reached for his hamstring, and Lewis is nearly annihilated. Did anyone explain to Jamaica what the hell a friendly is?

I guess at this point it appears the injury to Vanney is the worst, and since he's not even on the top 23, that isn't devastating for the team.

As for the game, well, Jamaica was a joke.

Certainly Wolff did well, as did Donovan. Mathis' first touch goal was lovely.

Its late, I can't dwell on this too much tonight. Just hoping I wake up to good news about everyone's health.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Since I get lost so easily around here....

Just a silly question: (you should be used to them by now!)

Is this the beginning of a new thread?

I thought so.

Do you think the ref. let a lot of stuff go on when it should have been stopped?

·
Registered
541 Posts
For once Ty Keogh had it right. Daley should have been red carded on the Lewis takeout. Or at least he should have gotten his 2nd yellow when he took Landon down from behind.

I think the ref should have come down harder on the Jamaicans. The hit on Keller was a fair charge. Near the end, a Jamaican grabbed the US player by the neck and pushed him down over our goal line. That was a cardable offense. I know this is big boy soccer and it will be a desperate struggle for all involved. But, the laws of the game must be enforcec. Let's protect the players and let skill and strategy rule the game.

:cool:

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Kerry what do you think of Koegh's comment about giving Joe Max a card for leaving the Field of play on Wolfs goal as he stepped inside the goal as not to be ruled Off side. My thought was what a presence of mind for Moore to do that.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Of course. It was a good no call. The spirit of the don't leave the field law is this: You don't want a player strolling off on the sideling, running behind his bench and stepping onto the pitch unbeknownest to his opponent. Or subbing without permission, or just walking off the field in a huff. Stepping out to do a throwin, or stepping into the goal to put the play onside, is not what the rule is about. Interesting side light. If a defender steps off the field to put a player offside, the ref is to ignore it. The player would still be onside.
Go figure

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,488 Posts
It seems the injured players will be allright, as per Arena's comments in todays newsfeeds .

Thank God !!!!!! ;)

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
It was indeed a very physical game, but I was very impressed with the way our NT played.

Hopefully we will not get pushed around in our WC matches, like last time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts