Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 21.1%
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It should be an interesting game but the Swedes impressed in the opener while Nigeria looked a far cry from the team in 94 and 98.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
We'll see a totally different game here, than was played between Nigeria and Argentina, mainly coz Nigeria were defending themselves, they prolly wont do that against Sweden.

I can see that so far most people believe Sweden will win...so do I :D
BUT, I did it coz it's my team ;)
Logic tells me that it might end up a draw, or even a win for Nigeria :scared:
Against England I kinda knew what to expect, this game...I really don't know.
Lets hope Anders Svensson will play from start, and if Patrik Andersson is back, I'd like him to play along with Jakobsson. He was really amazing against England :dazed::strong::star:

All I'm praying and hoping for now is that we don't do such a sh!tty first half against Nigeria as we did against England :hopefull:

We're going on a hunt...for some Eagles :fero::devil:

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Eh...offence? What offence :confused:
Sweden doesn't have any offence :dielaugh:

It'll be Nigeria attacking and Sweden defending. No room for counter attacks for Nigeria since Sweden will have 4 defenders waiting at the penalty area :D

It'll be a tight game sure...but dirty :wth:
Are we THAT brutal :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Yeah, one of the most important matches for years for the Eagles. From Nigeria's point of view: if they beat the swedes and Argentina beats England, a draw will be enough for Nigeria in the match against England. I hope this happends because I'm not sure about a victory against England.

If Nigeria has to lose, I am angry but against the Swedes it's better than any other team. Sweden is a real cool team, one of my favourites. Too bad they're in the same pool as Nigeria.

One thing is sure; I will definitely miss school next friday :D

Prince :)

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Cracker said:
Logic tells me that it might end up a draw, or even a win for Nigeria :scared:
Against England I kinda knew what to expect, this game...I really don't know.
You are right; Nigeria and most of the other African teams can be very unpredictable. Nigeria on their day can beat any team in the world. I might be wrong, but for some reason I am getting this feeling that Nigeria might just surprise quite a few people and win against Sweeden.:eek:

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Cracker said:
For me it would actually be a surprise if Nigeria WONT win this match :dazed:
Really? I am not too sure. Actually I think Sweden will win this match :depress:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Kanu In Doubt For Sweden Showdown
News Archive

Aching all over...Nwankwo Kanu (Reuters)
06/05/2002. Nigeria star Nwankwo Kanu has admitted that he is not sure whether he will be fit in time for the Super Eagles' crucial second game against Sweden on Friday, after he was forced to limp out of the Argentina loss with bruised ribs and a twisted ankle.

"My ribs are still very sore and my ankle is quite swollen," the bean-pole Arsenal striker lamented. "They are getting better but I really do not know if I will make it in time."

Kanu is an essential component of Nigeria's side and they especially can't afford to be without him against the Swedes, as a loss at the Kobe Wing stadium would confirm the Super Eagles as the first victim of the group of death.

soccerage

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
Would be a tremendous asset for our team if Kanu couldn´t make it. :D

But seriously, this match is one of the most unpredictable matches that Sweden is involed with. I haven´t seen Nigeria against Argentina since the freaking channel Canal Digital owned that match and I don´t have that channel. :mad:
So I really can´t say how big a chance Sweden has in this match.

I don´t like the previews very much though. Sweden are a bit of the favorites here and this is the match where they are supposed to get their 3 -pointers. Sweden doesn´t work well with being the favorites. They are better as underdogs. :)

If they play like they did in the second half against England, we can be up for a very entertaining match and Sweden´s chances grows rapidly. The abscence of Patrick Andersson doesn´t sound so bad after Jakobsson´s incredible match against England. But still, Patrick is very important for us and if he can play he should play.

And for God sake, start with Anders Svensson in this match. :fero:
Also, this is the match where Zlatan should be brought on. The defenders in Nigeria is perfect for Zlatan, so this time don´t put in Andreas Andersson!

My lineup:

----------------------Hedman

-Mellberg----Andersson----Jakobsson-----Lucic

---M.Svensson-----Linderoth------Ljungberg

---------------------A.Svensson

---------------------Larsson

---------------------Allbäck

Alexandersson sucks so he shouldn´t play at all. Give Magnus Svensson the chance there instead. I would of course wanna see Mellberg as a central defender, but since that will never happen I will make a more realistic lineup instead. :sigh:
So if Patrick is healthy enough, then Mjällby is benched. :devil:

GO SWEDEN!!!!

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
We had a lot of turbulence at the back. First Patrick Andersson getting injured just one day before kick-off against England.
Then Jakobsson comes on and becomes a pleasant surprise :)
To add to our success in our defence, Lucic has for once come forward as a great left-back winger :star:

I agree with ya Jimmy, sub Mjällby and get Andersson back, if he's healthy that is. Otherwise Mjällby was pretty solid against England :)

Lets just pray and hope that Sweden will open the game like they did in the 2nd half against England. And that they keep it in that style :hopefull:

KOM IGEN SVERIGE :scream::happy::excited:

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
My favourite lineup will be as follows:

Shorunmu (Same sort of game like against Argentina? :star:

Yobo-West-Sodje/Okoronkwo-Babayaro

Ikedia-Okocha-Lawal

Kanu

Ogbeche-Aghahowa

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Just saw Senegal-Denmark.
And as Diao got sent off, something struck me :wallbang:

The HEAT! :cool:
Denmark pretty much controlled the first half, but in the 2nd seems like the heat got to them.
I'm really worried, since Nigeria, just as used to the heat as the Senegal players (if not more since many of the Senegal players live in France) might take use of that and tired the swedish players out, just what happened with the danes.
We're gonna play a afternoon game just like Denmark in Kobe where the weather is VERY hot at the moment :cool:

I hope this wont affect the players too much. I thought it wouldn't be a problem, but after seeing the danes today, used to the same climate aswell, I'm getting worried :(:scared::nervous:

Sweden doesn't score many goals. Well, ok, maybe that wasn't a brainstorm :rolleyes:
What I'm trying to say is that of our passed 3 goals in 4 games 2 have been mistakes or accidential circumstance:

Norway - Sweden 0-0 :yawn:

Sweden - Paraguay 1-2; Andreas Andersson's shot is deflected on a paraguayan defender and Chilavert stood no chance.

Japan - Sweden 1-1; Haven't seen the game, but I heard that the goal was pretty neat after a good pass from Larsson to Allbäck :star:

England - Sweden 1-1; Mills fails to clear the ball and Alexandersson is served in the middle of the pitch. One wonders if Seaman shouldn't have saved the shot aswell.

As you see, it's not a very impressive record. Although we've created pretty many chances, specially against England, but our Golden Boot winner Larsson somehow seems to have a hard time scoring those decisive goals :doh:

Lets hope that will change tomorrow and that we'll play like we did in the 2nd half against England. Coz even if we lose, we'll for once lose with our dignity with us, not like in Euro2000.

·
Registered
85 Posts
If Nigeria bends over and plays like it played against Argentina, Sweden will win easily.

As much as I like Nigeria to win, Sweden with the chances that Argentina fluffed away would have buried most of it. Larsson doesn't need 12 corners to score one goal.

But I expect Nigeria to play better attacking football.

My line up (ultra attacking line up)

-------------------Shronumu---------------
Yobo--------Okoronkwo-------West--------Udeze
------------------------Christopher-------------------
----------Ogbeche---------------Babayaro----------
-----------------------Okocha--------------------------
-----------Obiorah---------Aghahowa---------------

Obiorah will either play midfield or play supporting striker to Aghahowa. I think they would go with a mobile midfield to counter the off the ball runs of the Swedes. Ikedia would come in as a sub to have more direct runs at the tiring Swede defenders. Kanu should start on the bench. He is a liability if he is not 100%.

By Ogbeche dropping back to play midfield, it will free up Aghahowa a bit. Obiorah is unknown to the Swedes they wont double him as they would Kanu. And he has a better work rate.

But all this is wishful thinking. The coach is known for playing cautious football. I doubt other than the return of Udeze from suspension if there will be any change... remember this is a guy that played a guy for 48 minutes after he got hurt in the 8th minute against Argentina with capable subs on the bench.

This is probably is his line up...

-----------------------Shoronumu---------------------
Yobo-------Okoronkwo----------West--------Udeze
-------------------Afolabi--------------------------------
------Okocha--------------------------Babayaro------
--------------------------Kanu---------------------------
----------Aghahowa--------------Ogbeche/Obiorah

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.