58,915 Posts
Hungaria posted again :proud:

however, I was planning to go but now all changed and só I can't :moan:
shame on me.

·
Registered
79,615 Posts
Lagerback names Sweden squad against Hungary

STOCKHOLM, Aug 26 - Coach Lars Lagerback on Tuesday named a 22-man squad for Sweden's World Cup Group One qualifiers against Albania and Hungary in September.

The Swedes, who will be bidding to reach their sixth consecutive World Cup, begin their qualifying campaign against the Albanians on Sept. 6 in Tirana and host the Hungarians in Stockholm four days later.

Squad

Goalkeepers: Andreas Isaksson (PSV Eindhoven), Johan Wiland (Elfsborg).

Defenders: Andreas Granqvist (Groningen), Petter Hansson (Stade Rennes), Daniel Majstorovic (AEK Athens), Olof Mellberg (Juventus), Mikael Nilsson (Panathinaikos), Max von Schlebrugge (Brondby), Fredrik Stoor (Fulham), Oscar Wendt (FC Copenhagen).

Midfielders: Daniel Andersson (Malmo), Viktor Elm (Kalmar), Samuel Holmen (Brondby), Kim Kallstrom (Olympique Lyon), Sebastian Larsson (Birmingham City), Tobias Linderoth (Galatasaray), Anders Svensson (Elfsborg), Christian Wilhelmsson (Al-Hilal).

Strikers: Marcus Berg (Groningen), Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Inter Milan), Henrik Larsson (Helsingborg), Markus Rosenberg (Werder Bremen).

Source: Reuters

·
Registered
79,615 Posts
Yeah, I wondered what Tomi was talking about..... Left-back :googly:

Never seen one of them play for Hungary. We have other names for these guys :D

·
Registered
79,615 Posts
This morning I've just been making some DVD of old games. (With new Bentex TV menus :shades: ). I backed up the Hungary vs. Sweden game of 2005. After I tested it I got hooked on how well we were playing and decided to watch the game :)

Very interesting. We played 3-5-1-1. Remember Andor said we should play with a sweeper? Well Éger played as a sweeper in this game. We had two man markers. Juhász on Ibrahimavich and and Vili :googly: Yes Vili!! on Larsson. Roli got injured and Gyepi came on for him to mark Zlatan. Bodnár and Huszti played wingbacks (very well) and in the middle was Takács, Hajnal and Böőr. Torghelle up front with Gera just behind. It worked really well. Vili followed Larrson everywhere. Even to the half way line and all along the back line. Maybe that's his best position? As a marker in a 3 with a sweeper? 'Simple' job for him. Just follow one man. lets face it Larrson is a decent player so to mark him out of the game isn't easy. Zlatan did get away from Gyepi in one instance and that's where the goal came.

Another thing I found very interesting is Hajnal. He played really well. My memories of him playing for Matthäus was in midfield and doing good. Várhidi and Koeman are playing him just behind the the main striker which he's struggling with. I think he's better coming from a deeper position supporting the attack. I remember (although it's a different level) Paul Scholes struggling when he was asked to play behind one striker. He didn't like being up there. He likes controlling things in midfield and arriving unnoticed into the box. I've thought about this many times before but actually seeing Hajnal perform to this level again in a NT shirt has left me with no doubt to why he's struggling so much to perform for the NT.

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Your left back will suffer against Wilhelmsson :pp
STOCKHOLM, Sept 3 (Reuters) - Midfielders Anders Svensson and Christian Wilhelmsson will miss Sweden's opening World Cup qualifiers against Albania and Hungary because of injury. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,478 Posts
still gona be a tough one tho but u know if we beat denmark tie sweeden and then beat malta, albainia, malta , albainia... thats 16 points :D then if we had a good game gainst swweeden in sweeden then that means we will probably do beter at home soo it could be 17 or 19 points until portugal.. and if portugal play like laast year they will tie against albainia or malta :D

·
Registered
79,615 Posts
The match will be on m1 :eek: had to double check :) they've not shown a NT match since Gellei was coach :googly:

I guess Bozsik will be the 'expert' pundit :)

1 - 20 of 318 Posts