Votes: 5 18.5%
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sweden vs Argentina

This is it
a tactical sweden that plays a great second half vs england and then looks dead tired in the 2nd half vs nigeria
agianst argnetina

the team that plays english style ugly long balls

FORZA SWEDEN!!!!!!!

FREDDIE!!!!!!!!!

Lav

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Would Sweden be able to contain an all out Argentina? Or will Argentina wilt under pressure and find it impossible to break the Scadinavian defensive system? Whatever happens I am not going to miss it:D

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
I voted with heart again :) :heart:
As I've said before, even if we lose this game and are kicked out of the tournament, we've done so well this far that we actually deserve to qualify to the 2nd round. Otherwise, if we DO get kicked out, we have NOTHING to be ashamed of :):proud::)

As for THIS match Argentina has to coupe with enormous pressure to do well. But that is sometimes the strength of great teams, they play fantastic football under pressure.
Lets hope that wont be the case on Wednesday :D
Remember, all Sweden needs is a draw to qualify :dazed:

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
This is the match I am the most pessimistic about. What I saw of Argentina today is that they sucked real bad. But I have seen them a lot more than just one match and can rate them as a whole and not on one match. That means that this will be tough as hell.

Our kind of formation and tactics isn´t suited for beating Argentina either. Argentina plays with 4 wingers while we do very little defending on the flanks. This will cause some serious problems for us, considering that Hedman is also very insecure on crosses. We could see Ashley Cole beating Ortega today. I don´t think Lucic is good enough to beat both Ortega and Zanetti. And with Ljungberg doing very little defend at some points, our left flank (their right flank) will become their biggest weapon. Therefore I prefer to bench Ljungberg and use Magnus Svensson on that position instead. :eek:

I would really like to have a pacy striker for us also. It was showed today that Argentina struggled with Owen´s pace. We need a similar one, but the problem is that none of our two starting strikers is any pacy whatsoever. They are rather slow as a matter of fact. :(

I don´t fear Ortega and Veron honestly. I think Veron could be an asset to our team instead. He slows up the game a lot and that will suit us fine. Ortega is also extremely overrated, and hasn´t impressed me ever. I think Lucic can handle him, but the players I really fear is Zanetti and Kily Gonzalez. The two flank players! If Alexandersson starts on right again, then Mellberg will be busy with taming Kily. Alexandersson does very little running and isn´t good when it comes to man to man defend. With the technically gifted Kily, he will cause problems.
I also prefer seeing Batigol than Crespo as their starters. Crespo is currently better IMO.

This is the lineup I wanna see:

Hedman

Mellberg - Jakobsson - Mjällby - Lucic

Farnerud - Linderoth - M.Svensson

A.Svensson

Ibrahimovic - Larsson

I think Farnerud carries more depth in his playing style than what Alexandersson does, so therefore he is my choice. I would also pick Ljungberg if he had the decency to be the same player with the NT as he is with Arsenal. He doesn´t look healthy either, and we need players that can work their asses off in order to win/draw in this match.
And I must say that I have changed my mind regarding Zlatan and him being a starter in this match. I think he has the most pace of our strikers and that´s why I would prefer him. He has to be very keen on playing right now too, after being screwed of two subs in the earlier matches. :mad:

To cut off their wingers is the key to victory. That´s what England did and did it great, and Argentina simply is too slow when playing central.

Progressing to the next round now, would be a tremendous sensation after todays results. If Argentina had won against England it would have looked really great. But not now. :(
Right now our chances are very slim and it takes a hell of a match in order to take a point from Argentina, who HAS to win.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
I din't see Swden x NIgeria

BUt from what i saw in the first game i think it will be a draw......specially if the Argies don't get the goal in the first half.....they will become DESPERATE......there arrogance is gonna shutter into the ground!

Sweden plays this game very well and the counter attack with the great FREDDIE;) :D and Larsson will be deadly for any Pochentino or Placente to handle!

I say a DRAW!

OUt fo the group of death i have only missed 1 result so far.... that it was Argentina beating Nigeria....i thought it would have been a draw!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Being pessimistic is part of Swedish culture I think ;) August Strindberg hasn't lived in vain. Look on the bright side, you Swedes! You're numero 1 and you have the chance to make it come true!
Beside if you don't go through you can go back with pride as you proved me right when I was optimistic on Sweden's behalf :) Sweden has done well and enjoy the 1st place in your group as long as it lasts!
The Swedish will to win will show in this match!

·
Registered
765 Posts

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Ayala should be back for us and I wouldn't be suprised to see Aimar, Almeyda and Crespo starting this match.

If Almeyda doesn't start then Veron could drop back to a central midfield position with Aimar becoming our playmaker. I wouldn't rule out Caniggia in this match either, I think he could start ahead of Ortega on the right but we'll see what Bielsa thinks. It's all or nothing for us and Argentina has always been strongest when they needed to qualify for something.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,488 Posts
Argentina 'cause they're with their backs against the wall looking down at a nasty elimination that wasnt on their plans.

;)

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Argentina will win this match...withnot even a shadow of doubt....
when they need it they,ll get it.....

The rubbish that came up after england - argentina match, have to get an end......and this match will do it all.....

Russell :D

VAMOS ARGENTINAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :fero: :fero: :fero:

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
It is vital for Sweden that Mellberg and Lucic play to thier best and keep track of Ortega and Zanetti. Then Linderoth should closely watch Veron.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Assassin said:
Argentina will win this match...withnot even a shadow of doubt....
It sure would be sour to spoil your party :party:
But Sweden isn't gonna hand in the towel just coz we're meeting Argentina.
Back in 94 there was a similar case for Sweden in the last round of the group stage, and in the last match we were meeting Brazil, favourites and everything.
No one thought that tiny Sweden would stand a chance, eventhough Brazil had already won the group.
We shocked them by scoring one of the most beautiful goals of the tournament by Kenneth Andersson :proud::cool:
The game ended 1-1.
Argentina really hasn't impressed on me, I mean Sweden has actually SCORED more GOALS than ARGENTINA!!! :eek::eek::eek:
Three times more to be more precise :D

Somethings wrong here :dielaugh:

Anyhow, sure Argentina might lift themselves to new hights when they have the knife edge at their throat, but Sweden are hungry for more.

Argentina might win, but it wont be without a shadow of doubt :rolleyes:
It'll be a tight and dramatic game, THAT'S for sure :nervous:

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Cracker said:

It sure would be sour to spoil your party :party:
But Sweden isn't gonna hand in the towel just coz we're meeting Argentina.
Back in 94 there was a similar case for Sweden in the last round of the group stage, and in the last match we were meeting Brazil, favourites and everything.
No one thought that tiny Sweden would stand a chance, eventhough Brazil had already won the group.
We shocked them by scoring one of the most beautiful goals of the tournament by Kenneth Andersson :proud::cool:
The game ended 1-1.
Argentina really hasn't impressed on me, I mean Sweden has actually SCORED more GOALS than ARGENTINA!!! :eek::eek::eek:
Three times more to be more precise :D

Somethings wrong here :dielaugh:

Anyhow, sure Argentina might lift themselves to new hights when they have the knife edge at their throat, but Sweden are hungry for more.

Argentina might win, but it wont be without a shadow of doubt :rolleyes:
It'll be a tight and dramatic game, THAT'S for sure :nervous:
Appologizes my friend.....

I know Sweden is not a walk in the park...but Argentina desperatly need to win......the lose against a team like England was like a wake up slap.......

Lets hope that Argentina wins and nigeria wins too...so both will advance to the next round :D

anyway..may the best wins :)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Well it looks like Ayala still wont be back, but nor will Patrik Andersson.

Batigol has made some worrying comments. He said the tactics wont be changed because those tactics qualified them for the finals. But Argentina are now playing teams who play nothing like any South American team, except Paraguay - therefore its no coincidence that Argentina struggled against Paraguay in qualifying, drawing against them twice.

Argentina's cause hasn't been helped by losing two of its best defenders: Ayala and Vivas. These guys would have latched onto Owen and co. far better than Placente and Pochettino.

If Bielsa mind is in sync with Batigol's then this match is gonna be tough, tougher than it need be. But Bielsa is smart, he wont take any unnecessary risks on wednesday and he'll want a comfortable win....

2 - 0 to Argentina.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
leg100 said:
Argentina's cause hasn't been helped by losing two of its best defenders: Ayala and Vivas. \
this a joke vivas is pure crap the man was 4th choice for arsenal went to inter where he was benched in favor of gresko the wrost man to ever run a the left flank, hell he is slovenian and failed to make thier team

Vivas....hahahahha

Lav

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
Lav, first of all; Vivas didn´t compete with Gresko since Gresko is a left back while Vivas is a right back. Vivas was benched in favour of the great Javier Zanetti.

Second of all; Vivas is a great player with the NT where he has played as a right central defender and has been exceptionally amazing there. When Inter bought him I was pleased because I ignored the Arsenal spell and focused on the NT part, and there he has been close to worldclass and a better option than Pochettino.

Third of all; Gresko is NOT Slovenian. He is Slovakian.

;)

1 - 20 of 97 Posts