Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Boys And Girls..Who do you think will win.. Sweden or Senegal????

Frankly speaking ..I think Senegal will win...but you never know now...everything is upside down..

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
This will be the most frustrating and the most difficult match for Sweden so far. This team Senegal is really Sweden´s biggest enemy. Why? Because they play identical to what Sweden does. These defensive strategies, counter attacks, one striker and so on. It´s identical to Sweden and I believe that Sweden has much less patience than Senegal when it comes to deciding who should control the match. I have a feeling that we will see Sweden controlling the ball possession and be the creative team, while Senegal will do what Sweden is good at and play defensively and counter attack. And Sweden just really suck against teams where they have to dominate the ball possession. They had to do it throughout the qualifications, and they could only score one or two goals against really crappy teams like Macedonia and so on. Teams that normally gets beated by lots of goals.
We also had to play that way against Paraguay. We lost.

So this match is not to be underistimated. We will struggle, if we aren´t allowed to play our game. We are much better when being outplayed like against Argentina, than to be the team that outplay the other. We just don´t have the players that can score so many goals and take care of so many chances, and still keep a solid defence.

I´m hoping that Coly will be injured along with the two suspended players Fadiga and Diao, which takes off three of their best players. Then I am also hoping for that normally very insecure keeper Tony Sylva to have a very bad day. If he doesn´t play like he has done so far and is being more this really insecure keeper he can be, then we can get some "free" goals and that gives us another advantage.

This will be a struggle like never before. :nervous:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Jimmy said:
This will be the most frustrating and the most difficult match for Sweden so far. This team Senegal is really Sweden´s biggest enemy. Why? Because they play identical to what Sweden does. These defensive strategies, counter attacks, one striker and so on. It´s identical to Sweden and I believe that Sweden has much less patience than Senegal when it comes to deciding who should control the match. I have a feeling that we will see Sweden controlling the ball possession and be the creative team, while Senegal will do what Sweden is good at and play defensively and counter attack. And Sweden just really suck against teams where they have to dominate the ball possession. They had to do it throughout the qualifications, and they could only score one or two goals against really crappy teams like Macedonia and so on. Teams that normally gets beated by lots of goals.
We also had to play that way against Paraguay. We lost.

So this match is not to be underistimated. We will struggle, if we aren´t allowed to play our game. We are much better when being outplayed like against Argentina, than to be the team that outplay the other. We just don´t have the players that can score so many goals and take care of so many chances, and still keep a solid defence.

I´m hoping that Coly will be injured along with the two suspended players Fadiga and Diao, which takes off three of their best players. Then I am also hoping for that normally very insecure keeper Tony Sylva to have a very bad day. If he doesn´t play like he has done so far and is being more this really insecure keeper he can be, then we can get some "free" goals and that gives us another advantage.

This will be a struggle like never before. :nervous:
I am confident that we can beat the crap out of Senegal.
they show against Uruguay that they have allot of weak points.Their defence is not that strong they draw 3-3 but Richard Morales miss a goal that even I can scored...

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Jimmy

Well thats mostly been the problem when Lars&Tommy used funny line-ups.

Using D.Andersson as a offensive midfielder and Ljungberg in a more defensive role etc:confused:
Dont get me wrong we are not a team that prefer dominating games, but we are not half as bad as Lars&Tommy made us look in the qualfication with funny lineups...

I am worried about the fact that Senegal is pretty superior physically to Sweden, speccially in midfield.

Just compare Diop and Linderoth:eyepatch:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Re: Jimmy

Gollum said:
Well thats mostly been the problem when Lars&Tommy used funny line-ups.

Using D.Andersson as a offensive midfielder and Ljungberg in a more defensive role etc:confused:
Dont get me wrong we are not a team that prefer dominating games, but we are not half as bad as Lars&Tommy made us look in the qualfication with funny lineups...

I am worried about the fact that Senegal is pretty superior physically to Sweden, speccially in midfield.

Just compare Diop and Linderoth:eyepatch:

Linderoth is better..

El Hadji Diouf,Khaliou Fadiga,and Salif Diao does guys are very dangerous.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
ALLEZ LA SUÈDE!!!

GO SWEDEN !!!!

1-0 Larsson
1-1 Henri Camara
2-1 Larsson
3-1 Ibrahimovic

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Re: Re: Jimmy

Rivaldo0203 said:

Linderoth is better..

El Hadji Diouf,Khaliou Fadiga,and Salif Diao does guys are very dangerous.
Yes but Linderoth is about 15 cm shorter ;) , and thats our most physical midfielder after M.Svensson, who probably shouldnt play more since he isnt in good fitness.

That could give us alot of problems.

Khaliou Fadigaand and Salif Diao are suspended btw. I dont really know if Diao is a loss for Senegal, he was just clumsy and dirty against Denmark.

That reminds me btw that Lars&Tommy actually wanted another unfit player in the squad. Mild!, imagine that ;)

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Bad Luck Guys....

The turning point was when Zlatan went for glory instead of passing to Henrik.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Fan.

It wasn't supposed to end this way. It was starting to feel like 1994, but it came to an abrupt end today...

We didn't play as well as we did against Argentina and Nigeria. We became too cautious after the first goal and allowed Senegal to take over the game. Anders Svensson wasn't as good as was in the previous games, even though he improved in the later part of the game. Ah, well...

If only Svensson's shot would have gone in...

Fan.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Jimmy

Gollum said:

Yes but Linderoth is about 15 cm shorter ;) , and thats our most physical midfielder after M.Svensson, who probably shouldnt play more since he isnt in good fitness.

That could give us alot of problems.

Khaliou Fadigaand and Salif Diao are suspended btw. I dont really know if Diao is a loss for Senegal, he was just clumsy and dirty against Denmark.

That reminds me btw that Lars&Tommy actually wanted another unfit player in the squad. Mild!, imagine that ;)

Diao scored a great goal against Denmark

Linderoth played bad against Senegal El Hadji Diouf made him look like a fool.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Yalle, I agree with you, that game can be summed up with one big FAAN :scream:

We could've won the first half by simply sticking to the way of playing we had in the first 10 minutes. But for some reason the players or the coaches thought we could hold out for 80 minutes defending a 1-0 lead :sigh:

Well, lets not look back, but ahead of us, where a exciting Euro qualification is waiting :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts