DF: Patrik Andersson/Andreas Jakobsson
DF: Erik Edman

MF: Fredrik Ljungberg
MF: Anders Svensson
MF: Tobias Linderoth
MF: Kim Källström

ST: Zlatan Ibrahimovic
ST: Marcus Allbäck

just outside the team: Alexander and Pontus Farnerud, Izisakhi, Selakovic, Mjällby, Aubyn and Mild:D etc.

Who knows for the future but all this players should be given a good chance in friendlies/Qualification games
A.Andersson shouldnt be a man for the team IMO, there is plenty of players more talanted than him and he is getting old.

·
Registered
264 Posts
GK: Magnus Hedman

DF: Olof Mellberg
DF: Johan Mjällby
DF: Patrik Andersson

MF: Fredrik Ljungberg
MF: Anders Svensson
MF: Tobias Linderoth
MF: Daniel Andersson

ST: Zlatan Ibrahimovic
ST: Marcus Allbäck

Coach: Lars Lagerbäck/Tommy Söderberg

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
GK: Andreas Isaksson

DF: Jakobsson
DF: Mellberg
DF: Lucic

MF: Ljungberg
MF: Linderoth
MF: A.Svensson
MF: Farnerud

ST: Ibrahimovic
ST: Elmander

Bench: Allbäck, Nils Erik Johansson, Antonelius, Michael Svensson, Källström (if he wont be even better than Svensson by that time) Djordjic.

We're facing a very bright future my friends, Euro2004 might prove to be something very special for us swedes :):excited:

But first we have to get there :fero::devil::crazy:

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
GK: Andreas Isaksson(/MacMagnus Hedmanus)

DL: E.Edman
DC: P.Andersson/O.Mellberg
DC: A.Jakobsson
DR: C:Andersson

ML: K.Källström
DMC: T:Linderoth
AMC: :star:A.Svensson:star:
MR: F.Ljungberg

ST: :star:Zlatan:star:
ST: A.Andersson

Bench:
N-E.Johansson, T.Lucic, :star:H.Mild:star:, B.Djordic, M.Allbäck, J.Elmander, P.Farnerud, A.Barsom.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sweden wont even qualify for euro 2004

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Yeah, I sure don't know how I could keep on living without that information, it changed my life...I can see the light, it's all so clear to me now :dazed:

:dielaugh::howler::rolleyes:

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
POPES XI said:
Sweden wont even qualify for euro 2004
Oh nooooo!!!!

The sad part about this is that I have betted on that. Now I need to call my bookmaker and say that the Pope has stated that we won´t qualify and that I need to get out of the bet. Saving safe money like this, doesn´t come every day! :greed:

So you have saved my day, and saved my money. Now I will be able to afford the kids´ food and the rent for the apartment. You have practically saved me from killing myself because of going bankrupt because of betting all the money I have, and would have lost it all, since we won´t qualify.

Give me your adress and I´ll send you a post card with a huge teddy bear on it and a big 'Thank You!' message on it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Fan vad känsligt det var för er att skriva att sverige inte går vidare till em.

Translation:

Damn, you're sensitive about someone writing Sweden wont make it to the Euro.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Sorry, Popes, but I had to edit that one, english only here, sorry, xtratime rules :rolleyes:

We're not sensitive about it. Both options are realistic:

1. Sweden will make it
or
2. They wont

:D

I mean after the WC94 everyone thought we'd whopp Switzerlands and Turkeys :ass:es in the qualifiers for the Euro96, instead it was the otherway around :doh:

We're again favourites, in a group containing teams like Poland and Hungary. If we compare the best teams then and now (Switzerland and Turkey) with those today (Poland and Hungary) I'd say those back then were better. And since we didn't do THAT well in the WC like back in 94 we have less pressure.

BTW, Popes, the main reason why people are so "sensitive" is coz you just write "Sweden wont make it" and not WHY. You gotta motivate your answer ;)

Hvala maly :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Jimmy: i just wrote in swedish, Cracker translated it. I didn´t know it wasn´t allowed to write in swedish in this conference.

Cracker: I don´t think that sweden will make it to euro 2004 just because they wont play so good teams. I mean, in the wc they played good teams, and when they do that they play much better. But wen they play teams that aren´t that good they can´t play or create good chances.
They have to play good teams to play well.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Well Popes, have you been around for the Euro2000 and the WC2002 qualifiers?

Were the teams we met back then good?
The best team in the Euro2000 qualifers were England and Poland. England weren't them old self, and Poland weren't the shadow of what they're today (mainly coz they didn't have Olisadebe or Dudek).

For the WC qualifiers the best team was Turkey, and they were about as good as Sweden. You seriously mean that teams like Moldova, Azerbadjan and Slovakia are good teams? :wth:

I can agree that Sweden don't play very well against worse opponents, but they always manage to win, 1-0 or 2-1, it's a fact.
Poland didn't impress this WC and Hungary, Latvia and San Marino aren't any serious threats, Sweden knows how to deal with them.

But then again, we shouldn't be overconfident, you never know ;)

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
POPES XI said:
Jimmy: i just wrote in swedish, Cracker translated it. I didn´t know it wasn´t allowed to write in swedish in this conference.

Cracker: I don´t think that sweden will make it to euro 2004 just because they wont play so good teams. I mean, in the wc they played good teams, and when they do that they play much better. But wen they play teams that aren´t that good they can´t play or create good chances.
They have to play good teams to play well.
Hmm thats been a big problem with D.Andersson as a offensiv midfielder:rolleyes: , or when Anders Svensson been out of form.

Sweden could dominate and create chances for moments in this wc , in all matches but the one against Argentina.
Note that i said for moments! ;) :D

But once again that requires that we play with a offensive midfielder in form.
Anders Svensson was in form this wc, therefor we could create chances.

Just compare how Sweden played in Euro 2000 with ****ing Mjällby as a offensiv midfielder:dazed: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Cracker: I agree with some things you write but you got to admit that sweden were lucky in many games in the qualyfication to the wc. But again, i can admit that good teams deserve their luck very often. But i have a feeling sweden wont make it to the euro 2004.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Of course we were lucky. We had like one chance per match, but we took those chances well. We played like crap, but still managed to come out on top.
I mean look at Brazil, they didn't impress in the WC qualifiers, but still they won the whole thing.

BUT, one thing that can threaten out qualification is the generation-switch that is inevitable with players like Larsson quiting, and Mjällby, Bjärred, Allbäck, Jakobsson are getting close to 30 or have already passed that age :doh:

On the other hand we got some nice talents coming up as I said before in this thread (Farnerud, Ibrahimovic, Källström, etc) but will they be able to grow into the big-guys suits in such short notice?

It'll be interesting to see how Lars-Tommy will form our future team. Lets hope they wont rely on the old-guard :hopefull:

·
Registered
69 Posts

Remember this???

1 - 20 of 50 Posts