Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Southampton's Swedish midfielder Anders Svensson has signed a pre-contract agreement with former club Elfsborg.

Svensson, 28, will rejoin the club from which he joined Saints in June 2001, at the end of the current campaign.

The Swedish international's Saints contract expires at the end of the season and he was not offered a new deal by boss Harry Redknapp.

He said: "All I want to do is feel good and feel at home, but I will play with Saints until the end of the season."

Svensson, who has taken a big pay cut to return to Elfsborg, will miss the start of the Swedish season as he sees out his Southampton contract for financial reasons.

Elfsborg were unable to buy out the remainder of his contract and Svensson said: "I would lose too much money if I moved now."

Despite his undoubted talents, Svensson has been unable to command a regular place in the Southampton midfield.

Svensson held a press conference in Sweden where he said: "I think I'm a better footballer when I'm feeling good and having fun when I play.

"I think I'm going to have that here in Elfsborg."

Former Saints boss Stuart Gray signed Svensson from Elfsborg in June 2001 for £750,000.

·
Registered
59,331 Posts
Strange as he seemed a decent prospect. He also scored the goal which knocked Argentina out the world cup and now not good enough for Southampton?! :confused: while they had players like David Prutton, Chris Marden playing for them for years?!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts