Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently he wants to play SWP on the left. Why is this?

I reckon it is because he thinks SWP will have a bad game on the left cos hes right footed, and therefore there will be less of a clamour for him to play ahead of his beloved Becks, thus removing his dilemma. Why not switch Goldenballs to the left? Whenever he receives the ball he cuts inside anyway, at least when hes on the left he cuts onto his left foot. Or better yet, play Downing on the left and SWP on the right.

~ The Green :rolleyes:ne

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Because he is a moron! Wtf is Downing going to do now? Watch SWP try his best in a position he doesn't want to play. All to accomodate a useless Beckham?

He doesn't even have a position now anyway, he just wanders wherever he wants leaving the flank totally exposed. SWP is not only a whole lot better in attack, he defends far better than Beckham does.

I find it hilarious when Beckham and Sven actually suggest him playing in center as well. He shouldn't even be playing right let alone center, I would take god knows how many England center mids over David anytime.

Oh god... and to think becks' little wandering game will have Robben playing in his empty space. :( We'll be lucky if we don't get destroyed. Actually if we were lucky, Beckham would get himself injured and by that I mean a proper injury. Not just claiming injury everytime you play shite.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Its in his contract or something, Surely.

Im telling you if he had his own way he wouldn't start him, Surely someone who has won as many things as Sven can be this silly.

Becks is not shit, But on the right SWP is superior, Downing on the left, Centre Stevie G, Lamps, Even Jenas is a better CM IMO

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Faisal said:
Its in his contract or something, Surely.

Im telling you if he had his own way he wouldn't start him, Surely someone who has won as many things as Sven can be this silly.

Becks is not shit, But on the right SWP is superior, Downing on the left, Centre Stevie G, Lamps, Even Jenas is a better CM IMO
Yeah but its his name that is getting mocked, not the FA (they can mock themselves thank you very much) or mcdonalds or however. So you'd think he'd want to make himself look less of an idiot.

But Beckham was a nobody really until he got the England call up, then he got his international fame... could happen with any other up and coming player.

I'd stick Hargreaves in CM before I stuck Beckham there. The likes of Parker would trounce him if they came against each other in center midfield, I'd almost pity becks. Your right that he isn't exactly shit on the right, but he is not playing there and so when he plays there for us, he is amazingly poor.

·
Banned
3,469 Posts
The Green One said:
Apparently he wants to play SWP on the left. Why is this?

I reckon it is because he thinks SWP will have a bad game on the left cos hes right footed, and therefore there will be less of a clamour for him to play ahead of his beloved Becks, thus removing his dilemma. Why not switch Goldenballs to the left? Whenever he receives the ball he cuts inside anyway, at least when hes on the left he cuts onto his left foot. Or better yet, play Downing on the left and SWP on the right.

~ The Green :rolleyes:ne
Brilliant post.
Oh heck, I'm agreeing with Mr Green One.
Help!...NURSE!!!!

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
They should play SWP on the right. He isn't a left midfielder. Neither is Steven Gerrad or Lampard. We have Downing for the left hand side. Whether he is good enough is what a friendly allows International teams to do. Experiment. I think England would be very effective with both SWP and Downing running down both wings. Both have pace and would give England a new dimension to their game. Maybe relieve some of the duties that Rooney has and involve Gerrad and Lampard more into the games.

Basically playing SWP on the left when there is a guy in Downing who should be tested only goes to show that Sven, at this current moment in time, doesn't believe SWP is better than Beckham down the right.

As for Becks in the centre. Please don't. Gerrad and Lampard are both better players in those positions than Beckham is.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The thing is, Sven will argue SWP is too attacking, but SWP is a much more effective defender than Becks. Becks bottles tackles and is slow. SWP meanwhile is a tough tackler who can get back fast. He has better positional sense too having played at wing back and right back on several occasions. He was a wing back for 2 years before becoming a midfielder.

~ The Green ;)ne

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Faisal said:
Yeah Parker, Dyer, Butt on DM ETC ETC

To sum it up.. He ain't a CM and on the right SWP is better
I would call up Gary O'Neil and play him over Becks if I was that short on players. Anything else is just insulting.

Yup.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Marc said:
I would call up Gary O'Neil and play him over Becks if I was that short on players. Anything else is just insulting.

Yup.

YAS Gary O'Neil call him up. Altho Sven is almost as good as ignoring young english talent (bar rooney) as twitchy redknapp

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
The Green One said:
Gazza's still handy enough right Marc?

~ The Green :Dne
Sure, I'd go with Bryan Robson though... I'd prefer him as Captain as well. I'm not trying to be insulting to Becks but I really do believe he would be outplayed by Robson at his age. He just isn't a central midfielder. Its like putting Owen in defence and expecting him to do a job, as talented as he is... it just isn't his play. I just don't understand why Sven has basically said that David is untouchable, no one should be. And hey, I bet if Becks was benched he would come back the stronger for it too. Like the job he did against Real. This just caters to his ego and tells him he can just cruise through things, do his little "oh I was injured" or "yeah we lost to a crappy team but I think we showed spirit" blah blah blah.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
England finally, finally has a proper left winger in Downing and instead of giving the boy a chance, Sven is going to play Wright-Phillips out of position just in order to accomodate Beckham. Choosing Goldenballs over SWP is one thing (and a pretty bad decision if you ask me) but why penalise poor Downing for that???

Robinson
Neville - Campbell - Terry - Cole
SWP - Gerrard - Lampard - Downing
Owen - Rooney

Doesn't take a genious!

By the way, Scholes did England a huge favor by retiring cause Sven considered him as indinspensable as Beckham.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thats the exact team I'd have BTW Amoroso. Perfectly balanced and creative from both wings. They constantly say SWP and Downing don't have experience, but the only way of getting experience is by bloody playing them! They've both played in the UEFA Cup anyway in the past 2 years.

~ The Green ;)ne

1 - 14 of 14 Posts