Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sure Cambiasso has been great but we also signed Davids, Favalli, Karagounis and Gamarra in the same style, so sooner or later the club was bound the find a solid player that would contribute greatly for the squad.

Then we have the Van der Meyde, emre, Burdisso, Kily etc, players who were bough for a low fee and havent been that important lately.

I can understand how Inter Managent are happy with their free agent strategy when one compares the free agents against the low fee type of transactions.

Now the problem is that all signs comming out of the Inter camp are pointing to more free transfer moves, putting the Cambiasso example as some sort of validation for this calaciomercato tactic. Why do I see this as a problem? Well Inter right now is an above average team form by lot of mediocre and slightly above average material with the exceptions of Adriano and Javier Zanetti.(Christian Vieri is past his prime).

Inter will not find that superstar or player that will add an extra, in a free transfer, the player needed to bring the club to the level of Milan won´t be found that easy.

I just hope Inter management is bluffing and we will have another big transfer to shock the world. We must remember that Ronaldo, Vieri were bought for record transfers while Adriano and Javier Zanetti we gotten from southamerica while they were still young.

Another thing is that Cambiasso was a special case, since he was neglected due to the galactico euphoria at real madrid which is one of the best teams in the world, so one can´t compare getting a cambiasso with the normal situation when a player ends his contract.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Snake's back in town. :thmbup: You gotta use Ben Dover some day! :D

Quite an objective post. :smileani:

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Snake's back in town. You gotta use Ben Dover some day!
I must thank Milanistas for opening my eyes about the ben dover nick, I dont know what I was thinking :rollani: :D

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
I agree. Cambiasso was one in a million. We cant rely on this stupid policy to win championships. Players who are running out of contract are either neglected or washed-up ones.

Cambiasso was stupidly neglected by the most stupid club in the world: Real Madrid. Now its not like we can always get favors from stupid clubs. We need to be smart and go for the upcoming superstars from smaller teams. Its not hard to find these players. Look at Chelsea & Barca. Most of their players were upcoming superstars brought from smaller teams: Drogba, Robben, Carvalho, Joe Cole, Eto'o, Giuly, heck even Ronaldinho! They all came from smaller teams and were already on the verge of superstardom. They just snatched them at the right time and gave them the chance to shine and look what they got in return.

These are the type of players we need to sign. The problem at Inter is that we've always had these types of players, but we never give them a chance. Look at Pirlo, Karagounis, Emre etc.. They are all good players on their day, but we are just not patient enough with them.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Because Cambiasso somehow reminds me of Bergkamp with that hair :tongue: ,Raz I get your point but also you can get some quality players who do come out of contract also.We got Cafu and dhorasoo two fine players of course.Yet I must say you do have a point dude,you rarely find top players out of contract as clubs risk losing so much.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Razman said:
I agree. Cambiasso was one in a million. We cant rely on this stupid policy to win championships. Players who are running out of contract are either neglected or washed-up ones.

Cambiasso was stupidly neglected by the most stupid club in the world: Real Madrid. Now its not like we can always get favors from stupid clubs. We need to be smart and go for the upcoming superstars from smaller teams. Its not hard to find these players. Look at Chelsea & Barca. Most of their players were upcoming superstars brought from smaller teams: Drogba, Robben, Carvalho, Joe Cole, Eto'o, Giuly, heck even Ronaldinho! They all came from smaller teams and were already on the verge of superstardom. They just snatched them at the right time and gave them the chance to shine and look what they got in return.

These are the type of players we need to sign. The problem at Inter is that we've always had these types of players, but we never give them a chance. Look at Pirlo, Karagounis, Emre etc.. They are all good players on their day, but we are just not patient enough with them.
Brillant post Neil, and Razman as well.

This bolded portion of your post is absolutely true. What Inter has lacked is that we are bringing in players who are passing them their prime or have already grown with another team, whereas Chelsea (well kind of), Barcelona and Milan have bought teams which have had some sort of time to gel together and not bought some 29-31 year olds to start to gel together. A prime example for this is going to be Veron this summer. I am 100% sure we will sign him and it will be another waste, and he will be labelled another "Inter Flop" for something that the management should see from the start. What I have said many times in threads about transfer policies or players to get is to put together a bunch of players around the age of 22-26 years old with some vets and allow them to grow together. But also, management must realize that some young players together isn't going to win a championship right away and needs to show some sort of faith in the players. We really should have went after players like Robben, and really make a move for Mascherano and most of all, we really should have gotten Chivu. I remember how close we were to him and many here didn't want to buy him, but of course we could use him now as well as he is a great age for us to grow him.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Sure you guys have great points and all, but I still think we should minimize our transfer fees. As much as I'd like us to shell out millions of euros, I think we spent all we can to this date: Adriano

I think our midfield is fine, our attack could maybe use a name with a few names off the books next year.

As for defense, and GK, make those quality buys. What Facchetti is saying is not "We're going to sign ten midfielders to come in for free". What he's saying is that he's looking for bargains, like passing up 12 million euro Maxwell for 5 million euro Parisi plus player. Or 20 million euro Casillas for 5 million plus player for Frey. Or 18 million euro for Samuel for 9 milion euro purchase of Luisao. Quality buys. Cheap. NOthing extraordinary. Nothing out of reach. Gilardino? Nah. Adriano is one CF, and we have two good ones in Recoba and Martins in terms of Forwards.

Wingers, we got them. Central midfielders, we got them.

I hpe we don't get Veron though. But perhaps Veron for 3 million euros, now that is worth doing.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pulsar the problem is that if we keep this trend and Juventus and Milan spend big bucks we wont be able to compete with them, Kaka was unproven in europe and he has turned out to be really good. We need to make good sound investments not just free transfer

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Although out-of-contract players... mainly are due to age and non-usable for their existing clubs, there are also players who prefer not to sign the extension of their existing clubs.

As I understand, when the player becomes 'free', he has also the opportunity to negotiate for a higher amount of weekly wages. The club benifit from not needing to spend the amount 'outright' but to even it out in wages and duration of the new contract.

I suppose there are players who prefer to wait on contract expiry. They are not the only washed up ones... there are good deals around. SAC has a point there , when he categorise the experienced players, who are on a Free. For me, I still believe in Continuity.. Downsizing, balanced team.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Apart from the defense, I don't think Inter's problem is player material, but rather lack of continuity and management. Changing your squad every year is not the solution imho.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
we have the money and we OUGHT to spend it. its pissing off when you are looking to satisfy yourself with free transfers . its like a millionare looking for cheap deals. :fero:

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
rishabh16 said:
we have the money and we OUGHT to spend it. its pissing off when you are looking to satisfy yourself with free transfers . its like a millionare looking for cheap deals. :fero:

How do you know we have the money? I want to know of Inter's financial situation, especially compared to BBilan and Rubentus.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
We have almost no cash, trust me on this one

We couldn't pay off 97 million in debt last year

·
Registered
61,194 Posts
Michael said:
A prime example for this is going to be Veron this summer. I am 100% sure we will sign him and it will be another waste, and he will be labelled another "Inter Flop" for something that the management should see from the start.
That "Inter flop" happens to be Inter's best player this season...

Just look at Inter when we're missing that "flop". Prime and latest example is Juve - Inter, when Juve's midfield owned the second half and we had nobody to organize our play or keep possession, not even for two seconds.

Veron maybe slow, and he's certainly not the player he once was a few years back, but calling him a flop is too much when he's Inter's best player this season according to the average ratings of the Italian sports papers. (Personally, I believe that Cambiasso is the better performer but Juan is up there as well) And mind you, he got injured twice and he mostly played on the right flank, which isn't his natural position.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Chelsea want 15 million for him tho!!!!

Kenyon is qouted saying that - is he worth that?

·
Registered
61,194 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
Chelsea want 15 million for him tho!!!!

Kenyon is qouted saying that - is he worth that?
That would be absurd, of course.

But we do have heaps of players to offer in a "scambio", and I guess that's what Moratti and co will do in the summer.

Anyway I don't want this good thread to turn into a Veron thread but I was just making a point clear.

Neil, we'll have to work under a budget of 32 million euros so forget about the Tottis of this world...

Chivu for 20 mill, buying Veron's contract from Chelsea and a quality left-back should be our summer operations. We don't need big changes, not at all.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I would do this

10 plus player for Chivu
9 for Luisao
9 for Veron
Player plus 4 for Parisi or take back Potenza
Players for GK, spend a few million or cut down Veron with a player or cut down Luisao with a player

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
We have almost no cash, trust me on this one

We couldn't pay off 97 million in debt last year
Nobody can pay of that debt in 1 year. We have the debt under controll and are paying it off year by year. Every dam club has debt. We can't spend the huge amounts we once did but we aren't poor either.

We have a defecit of about 80 million euros, while milan has about 60 million and juve has 30/20 million defecit. Atleast thats what I last heard.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
I would do this

10 plus player for Chivu
9 for Luisao
9 for Veron
Player plus 4 for Parisi or take back Potenza
Players for GK, spend a few million or cut down Veron with a player or cut down Luisao with a player
Luisau isn't even worth 5 million. The guy isn't inter quality. I hope we don't sign that piece of rubbish.

I quess we will sign 1 centreback most likely chivu,get taddei on a free transfer and buy veron.Maybe a new lb.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Wait I really f-ed up above

Okay: Needs

LB Parisi or potenza- anywhere from 0 euros OR player plus 5 million OR 8 million euros
CB- Chivu- Most likely 15+ million euros: So that means player plus 12 (we have players they want)
GK- with 13 million left, we can get a good GK Frey for 6 plus player
Veron or alternate: 7 plus player or Davids and free

So I think we can make a little coup if we spend only 5 on Frey, 5 on Parisi, 12 on Chivu, with players going out, Karagounis, Emre, Davids, which gets us Veron for free, which leaves 10 for a surprise coup

and maybe we utitlize some capital and get aimar for 22

1 - 20 of 73 Posts