Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who are your choices for suprise teams in/out the finals of the World Cup?

My picks go to Serbia-Montenegro, Ukraine.. possibly Romania and Slovakia and for some reason my gut says in Asia, Uzbekistan.

And out I predict Belgium, Turkey, Greece?

·
Registered
60 Posts
in: Ukraine, Kuwait, Australia, Serbia Montenegro
out: Turkey, Greece, China :depress:

·
Registered
60 Posts
hey zack, u from singapore?
I took my O Level there at ACS(I)

·
Registered
25,267 Posts
Why would it be such a surprise to see us qualify. It's more of a surprise to see us not qualify like for the last 2 major tournaments. We have more talent than most nations and with players like Stankovic, Kezman, Milosevic, Vukic, Krstajic etc. we have a very good chance of qualifying.

·
Registered
40,711 Posts
Basically not making 2 consecutive tournaments means that you're not as good as you think you are. Now you and I know that there was a lot more to it, but still I can understand that people don't rate us as much as they used to.
Which will make it all the more surprising when we finally do put out a good performance! :)

As for my surprise teams, IN:

Ivory Coast, Ukraine, Ecuador

OUT:

Turkey, Greece, Cameroon

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
I think Slovakia will make it to the playoffs at least (at Russia's expense), and watch out for Belarus as well. Turkey and Greece will not qualify.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Andrija PFC said:
I think Slovakia will make it to the playoffs at least (at Russia's expense), and watch out for Belarus as well. Turkey and Greece will not qualify.
Belarus is a good team but Norway has played far better then in 2003-2002-2001 etc and has now showed true football and beaten scotland and slovenia..

Italia as always will qualify in some way or another..

And then you have Slovenia wich beat Italia..

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Kaczmar said:
Really? I think it's a battle between Serbia and Montenegro and Spain.
We drawd Spain 1-1 and everybody that watched/heared the game knows that we could have won!We had so many chances that it's a shame we didn't win actuelly:stuckup: !We drawed Serbia too 0-0 but both teams missed keyplayers especially us I would say, so when playing the next game against them well who knows...the thing is that we should be counted in too :strong:

But yes of course the "favourites" to qualify will always be Serbia and Spain without doubt, those are the most "experienced" nations..

·
Registered
25,267 Posts
Emirho, I think both Spain and we were happy with draws away to Bosnia, because you have games now away to both Spain and us and both sides are a lot stronger at home. For instance only one loss for us in a competitive game when played in Belgrade in the last 10-15 years.

I still don't think it'd be a surprise to see us, it's not as if we are all due respect a side like Ukraine or Latvia or whoever or would actually surprise.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Yes I know you are happy :tongue: ;)
hehe, I know it will be harder but I have a hope so I am not giving up and as said before you and Spain are the clear favourites but every match counts..and stretna nova godina:)

·
Registered
25,267 Posts
Sretna nova godina to you as well :)

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
In: Australia,Ukraine

Out: Turkey,Greece,Urguay(beaten by australia)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts