Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which team is where you didn't expect it to be at this point of the season. Do you expect it to hang on till the end of the season.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
I had that thread about Catania, Hull and Hoffenheim

so... these., but i cant get to see German League ;)

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Liverpool and No.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
Hull in the epl has been doing well so far, but i don`t think them to keep that till the end of the season.

·
Registered
45,387 Posts
Roma and no.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
I had that thread about Catania, Hull and Hoffenheim

so... these., but i cant get to see German League ;)
Agreed totally I was just about to post the same thing right when you did,I just hope Hull doesn't become a one season wonder.As they say the honeymoon season seem's a little easier in a way,It's the next one that does the testing ala Reading.I'd like to be able to have a better opinion of commenting on other league's,but I haven't followed them as closely as I would have liked!

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Leixões, of course. After 7 rounds, they've beaten Sporting and Porto away and drew home against Benfica. Are currently sitting on top of the Portuguese League 4 points ahead with one game in hand. :eekani:

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Leixões, of course. After 7 rounds, they've beaten Sporting and Porto away and drew home against Benfica. Are currently sitting on top of the Portuguese League 4 points ahead with one game in hand. :eekani:
Yeah, I was just reading about that in Sport. Last year they finished near the bottom of the league. What's changed? New coach?

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Yeah, I was just reading about that in Sport. Last year they finished near the bottom of the league. What's changed? New coach?
Yes. It's a Portuguese guy named José Mota who coached Paços de Ferreira for ages and also brought them up to the top league, always basing his team on local players and a few quality Brazilians. His teams always play the same way: good defence and a lethal counter.

It's amazing how he gets to find great players out of nowhere, like for example Antunes (currently owned by Roma and loaned to Lecce) or the big sensation of our current league, a Portuguese guy named Braga, who was playing until last year on Leça FC, a 4th division side - a 25 year old striker with amazing skills and a powerful shot.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
:smileani: man u

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Well for Napoli, Udinese and Lazio, they had good transfers in the summer and so it is why they are playing very well, however they have still surpassed expectations. So the surprise teams (in a good way) have to be Catania and Lecce, who were expected to be relegation candidates for Serie A, and still maybe as there is a long way to go.

·
Registered
59,106 Posts
I wouldn't really say Hoffenheim looking at their spending last summer.
Compare what most Bundesliga clubs spent (virtually nothing) and what they had, then it isn't that bigga surprise.

For me, it's Leixões, NAC Breda, Hull City and Ankaraspor.

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Ankaraspor is a fluke judging by last nights performance. I'd say Trabzon is the surprise package really... like... I know they spent 10M Euros in the summer but im sure no one predicted them being so comfortably in the top. Kinda like Leixões.

Especially since Trabzon's last time being in the top spot was more than three years ago.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts