Xtratime Community banner
201 - 220 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
View attachment 74785

The reason Dzeko gets into trouble here is because he turns into trouble

You can clearly see he has 3 options there: Perisic, Gagliardini (who is screaming at him to pass the ball) and Dimarco. Ounas was running to cut off the channel to Dimarco but Dzeko decides to then turn into a space with 6 Napoli players in it, i.e. by turning to his left. This is just a terrible decision.

Dzeko and Vidal should not have played yesterday as neither was match-fit
4 guys around next to each other two guys covered by two guys is easy pass and out of trouble pass. lol

·
Registered
47,970 Posts
You're right. It's too dangerous to pass it to any of those players. He made the best choice by turning into and holding the ball exactly where the highest concentration of Napoli players would get onto him.

·
Registered
47,970 Posts
It's a great goal scoring opp. Even if he hadn't shot himself, from that position, it's likely someone else would have shot on goal or seriously troubled our defence.

Btw, Barella gave the ball away for the 1st goal. Can you pls do a similar impassioned defence for him?

·
Registered
67,321 Posts
Osimhen is out for 2 months, Anguissa out for 3 weeks.

Napoli have to play Lazio, Sassuolo, Atalanta, Leceister and Milan between now and Christmas.

If they can make it through that period as league leaders then more power to them. But looks like it's Milan's title to lose as they have an easy fixture list that should allow them to be top come January. That's then the perfect foundation to really launch their Scudetto challenge.
Damn, talk about 3 losses in 1 loss. And of course they will miss their African players in ACN afterwards.

ACN will become a problem for us when Onana joins..Will worry about that later though

·
Registered
67,321 Posts
There are no problems, krajina.

We feckin won the match against a team that was unbeaten until last night in Serie A.

Forza Dzeko

·
Registered
67,321 Posts
Forehead Chin Hairstyle Font Cool

I like that title, hopefully the team can build on that Napoli win and get a number of wins in a row.

·
Registered
47,970 Posts
yes but you have no problem with him do you
I have a problem with Barella's mistake too...whe else would I call it out above and call out another turnover in a recent match? I have no problem with either Barella or Dzeko as players though...and you seem to be the only person on the planet I'd need to point this out to. I outlined one incident...I didn't say that makes Dzeko a bad player or that he needs to be benched or anything like that. Chill TF out, bro.

Anyway, the big problem (imo) is how we close out games with our subs...and here the main issue seems to be the WBs. We seem to be far weaker and suffer a lot more even though the whole idea is to introduce players with more energy who will cause problems on the one hand, and kill the game off on the other. Dimarco seems to be okay but his defensive nous is nowhere near that of Perisic. Perisic has gone from strength to strength as a WB and has reached the stage where he can really distinguish the best times to be "safety first" and when to take risks. He'll blast the ball out when most others wouldn't and no one complains because they see it is right. I actually think he may be our most intelligent WB/FB after Darmian...and this probably goes all the way back to...Zanetti? Dumfries needs to step up and really learn from Perisic in this regard. He must know when to blast forward and stretch the opponent, when to shut them down, when to kill their souls. He needs to be a lot more cynical too.

·
Registered
67,321 Posts
Sports uniform Smile Player Ball game Gesture

Hakan has so far assisted Skriniar (Genoa), Dzeko (Fiorentina) and Perisic (Napoli) from corner kicks

·
Registered
I M Inter Milan I M
25,215 Posts
A couple of notes regarding player reactions during the game.

Bastoni celebrating after winning a duel at the corner flag, seems to be taking after Skriniar in that regard. Nice to see.

Lautaro seemingly being apologetic (about his lack of form and penalty miss I assume?) when celebrating his goal. Humble approach, I approve.

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
19,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #213 ·
Yes, nice gesture from Lautaro

Hopefully he has turned a corner

Re-watched the game today. Any surprise that the team's implosion coincided with the introduction of Gagliardini in the 75th minute?

Dimarco was also clueless on the left. Elmas toyed with him.

Anyway, one thing I did forget to take into account was the international break aspect. We usually suffer after those

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
67,321 Posts
Fact remains that Napoli had nothing after Lautaro scored until that Dzeko error, and with the team 3-1 up with 15 minutes or so left it is normal to bring in fresh legs, especially for players who had injury issues and/or international duty. A mistake like that changes the dynamics of a match for sure.

Anyhow Inzaghi is doing well overall, best attack in the league despite the losses of Hakimi and Lukaku, only 1 league loss in the opening 13 games which is similar to Conte last season. Just compare Inzaghi to Allegri who was supposedly the saviour of juve after Pirlo...

As for Lautaro, players miss penalties and can go without scoring for a few games, it happens, even Messi went a few games without scoring at PSG...the important thing is not to dwell on that too much and bounce back because a season is not 4-5 games only. I wasn't too angry with him after the derby, after all he played his part in winning the league last season (including a double in the decisive 3-0 derby) and in his 'bad spell' this season he was unlucky not to score against Sheriff, assisted Dimarco at Empoli and caused the penalty with a pass to Darmian in the derby, so it's not like he was useless or not trying.

·
Registered
264 Posts
and that is difference not the players but menafer. h told them to be reactive not pro active not to arrack but to defend and now you have attacking player getting the ball and do what pass the ball back wards he boot it for ward ball at napoli feet again and like that for last 15 minutes lol that basicly what was inter game last 20 minutes

·
Registered
47,970 Posts
A couple of notes regarding player reactions during the game.

Bastoni celebrating after winning a duel at the corner flag, seems to be taking after Skriniar in that regard. Nice to see.

Lautaro seemingly being apologetic (about his lack of form and penalty miss I assume?) when celebrating his goal. Humble approach, I approve.
Yeah, Bastoni taking after Skriniar is heart-warming for sure.

And so was Lautaro's celebration. Great to see. On top of that, the goal came out of the Lautaro-Correa partnership that people weren't sure about, the goal came from a superb coast-to-coast run by Correa, the shot by Lautaro was killer, and it came against the top team in the league at the best possible time. So many great things about that goal but his celebration was the best part. You can see how much it all means to him.

·
Registered
67,321 Posts
Sports uniform Sports equipment Soccer Sports jersey Jersey

Love this picture. Spalletti is a good reason why Inter are where we are now. Didn't win trophies, sure, but back to back CL qualifications, albeit with PAZZA Inter suffering til the end, were huge for the club. People can say, oh but he stayed on the Inter payroll for 2 years without working, sorry but it's his right as the club fired him, and the 90-100million he helped bring in (CL qualification money) certainly outweighs by far 2 years of his salary. I read another negative comment about him because of the Nainggolan-Zaniolo swap in 2018, and I disagree. What has Zaniolo done in recent seasons except get injured and abandon his pregnant gf and not acknowledge his kid? Moreover, Zaniolo wouldn't have been useful under Conte or Inzaghi and isn't setting the world alight under Jose. 1 goal is it? Even the CB Skriniar scored more. Anyhow Forza Spalletti, if Inter don't win the league I hope his Napoli do it.

·
Registered
67,321 Posts
Soccer Shorts Sports equipment Football Sports uniform

Not bad. We were told he is awful, terrible etc.. but numbers so far read direct involvement in 6 Inter goals in less than half a season, something Eriksen didn't do at Inter. Good numbers for a midfielder, Hakan. Even if 5 out of 6 were from set plays, those decide games too and count.

·
Registered
67,321 Posts
..7 actually seeing as the Dzeko goal v juve was from a Hakan shot originally but that wouldn't count as an assist.

201 - 220 of 231 Posts