Xtratime Community banner
181 - 200 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
That tiki taka took over the world relatively recently is irrelevant to the fact that turnovers have been a bad thing for a long time. Cheap turnovers are worse. And cheap turnovers in key positions that lead to the opposition scoring a goal are even worse. Just ask Steven Gerrard.

Dzeko can and should have done better...he knows it. He was under a ton of pressure in a key area and had to release the ball quickly. This is a pretty universal thing, whether you're playing in the WC or 5-a-side or football on Sunday in the park with a hangover. Blaming it on formation and all kinds of other things is pretty hilarious...I'll tell others to use that excuse if they ever commit atrocious turnovers. The formation, lol. Yeah, maybe if Inzaghi played with a flat back 11.

Btw, I'm not singling him out here...even my boy Barella has been guilty of turnovers leading to goals (Zielinski goal yesterday?)...and he knows it. And aside from him, this team has showed (not yesterday though) that it had a big problem in trying to clear the ball in a crowded pen area...by trying to play it cutely out rather than blasting the ball to safety. Foolish...I hope that's been dealt with.
did you even watch the play all players were around him and even worse behind him 2-3 meters surrounded by napoli players lol. only option was too boot it he did not do it next time he got it on right wing next to penalty box he booted it and moved on. he should do it like that all the time no playing mazalla or tranquista let the ones playing those positions play that

·
Registered
67,321 Posts
Dzeko made a mistake, just because you are from Bosnia doesn't mean you are obliged to defend him all the time. No one is saying his contract should be terminated or anything...

• Wow
Reactions: Ante

·
Registered
264 Posts
so what do you want from strikers i see sttrikers loose ball all the time and dribble and loose but i have never seen a striker told to play mazalla or tranquista like dzeko is asked to do in inter. i mean no striker runs to their own penalty box and that is dzeko foulth allow this idiot inzaghi to get idea he will play this untill he gets injured or we get better. he should have went to juve if he had chance. i mean this is ole level of incompetancy to use striker around players that are defensive oriented and he told them to be that i bet if he put sensi in with dzeko subs inter would not be under so much trouble guy is idiot this inzaghi. he won today but i guess it would be dzeko fault if mertens scored his chance and rui did his right lol

·
Registered
67,321 Posts
Comparing Inzaghi to Solskjaer, let's not be ridiculous please. Dzeko is having a good season and 1 mistake or the unlucky og at Samp don't change that

6 of our next 7 games in Serie A are against midtable/relegation battling Venezia, Spezia, Cagliari, Salernitana, Torino and Bologna. There's also Roma away amongst this fixture list. We need to win 6 out of 7, a draw at Roma would be ok.

Anyhow what matters now is Wednesday.

@f.c. krajina I am awaiting your thread title for the Shakhtar game. Hopefully Dzeko scores.

·
Registered
264 Posts
if guy was good he would make something out of lazio. he had sergej, marusic , de vrij , lulic, luis alberto, felipe anderson immobile. and still could not do anything now came here has players and wining lucky.

·
Registered
67,321 Posts
Inzaghi took Lazio to CL and won Coppa and Supercoppa, that is pretty good. Mancini at Lazio didn't achieve more than that...

Under Inzaghi Inter have scored 32 goals in 13 league games. A ratio of 2,46 goals per game is by all means excellent. Luck my ass. Had Dimarco and Lautaro scored their missed pks it would have been a better ratio of 2,6 goal per game and we created enough to have a 3 goal a game average.

Under Allegri juve have scored 18 (as many as Empoli and less than Bologna!), we nearly scored double their goals so krajina saying that Dzeko would be better off at juve makes little sense

Napoli and Milan are yet to reach the 30 goals scored mark.

15 conceded in 13 games is not good though.

But worth mentioning that Napoli conceded 7 in 13, 3 of them against Inter alone. :) We scored 42.8% of the goals Napoli conceded the entire season to date... so yeah, the team did a great job to react to adversity yesterday. We didn’t score 3 goals against Napoli in a game in Milano since 2010-2011...

·
Registered
264 Posts
yeah that is right he took them to champions league and won supercoppa and coppa italia. great but did you ever think that team has identity. no same with inter play good for 60-75 minutes last time i checked games do not last 75 minutes. and poof all that control is gonne because he just put players and tell other team we want to defend come at us. and lazio is his level of coaching. i mean have all those subs and have good offensive players in sensi he puts vidal in 75 minute. i mean he wants to play control and possesion football that is his style and then he puts players who main goal and his instructions is sit deep and defend. i don't know is he bi polar or what want to play posesion but plays headless chicken football for 75 minutes and then wants to play park the bus and give ball to opposing team

·
Registered
67,321 Posts
He could have put on Sensi then sub him for injury for instance... remember the Samp match when Sensi got injured and we continued with 10..

A bit of shop closing is not a bad thing, it's not bipolar but you need to attack at times and defend at times, and anyhow at 3-1 Napoli had no prayer of getting back in the match, no chances created, til Dzeko gave them a helping hand, only then did the match become difficult for us. That episode aside we were cruising regardless of substitutions

·
Registered
67,321 Posts
Curiously which coach would you want at Inter, krajina? Obviously Inzaghi is staying, just interested in knowing who would be better for Inter in your view

·
Registered
264 Posts
i mean off free ones i mean nobody would come here. simeone is not interested , gasperini and his 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 would work better here. even tudor would work here better then inzaghi. maybe it is bench big drop off but that tells me or he does not work with bench much on training or he tells them sit back

·
Registered
67,321 Posts
Yeah there's no way Inter get Gasperini again even if he is doing a great job at Atalanta, and Tudor? No thanks. I guess when you say Simone you mean Diego Simeone, we already have a Simone in charge and you don't fancy him much...

If the Saudis come then Pep should be a future target.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Yeah there's no way Inter get Gasperini again even if he is doing a great job at Atalanta, and Tudor? No thanks. I guess when you say Simone you mean Diego Simeone, we already have a Simone in charge and you don't fancy him much...

iner has no history of playing possesion football. pep for what guy is good but he is not that good. messi won him a champions league. just get somebody that has a system that can work with inter players because even if pif comes they will not get new 11 on field

·
Registered
67,321 Posts
As if we need 11 new players? Guardiola would succeed with this team. And it's not like Inter never control matches, we mostly do. Inter don't historically sit back and hit Siena and Lecce on the counter..

·
Registered
67,321 Posts
Anyhow we have a coach now and at least til next season too he will stay, you will have to live with that. Hopefully Inzaghi succeeds.

·
Registered
19,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #195 ·
did you even watch the play all players were around him and even worse behind him 2-3 meters surrounded by napoli players lol. only option was too boot it he did not do it next time he got it on right wing next to penalty box he booted it and moved on. he should do it like that all the time no playing mazalla or tranquista let the ones playing those positions play that
Sports equipment Soccer Player World Ball game

The reason Dzeko gets into trouble here is because he turns into trouble

You can clearly see he has 3 options there: Perisic, Gagliardini (who is screaming at him to pass the ball) and Dimarco. Ounas was running to cut off the channel to Dimarco but Dzeko decides to then turn into a space with 6 Napoli players in it, i.e. by turning to his left. This is just a terrible decision.

Dzeko and Vidal should not have played yesterday as neither was match-fit

·
Registered
67,321 Posts
Good picture. A simple pass to Gagliardini was enough really.

·
Registered
19,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #197 ·
Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
19,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #198 ·
Osimhen is out for 2 months, Anguissa out for 3 weeks.

Napoli have to play Lazio, Sassuolo, Atalanta, Leceister and Milan between now and Christmas.

If they can make it through that period as league leaders then more power to them. But looks like it's Milan's title to lose as they have an easy fixture list that should allow them to be top come January. That's then the perfect foundation to really launch their Scudetto challenge.

·
Registered
67,321 Posts
Maybe also Rannochia
I think Ranocchia has Petagna right in front of him. Bastoni was open. But Gaglia was closer.

·
Registered
19,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #200 ·
Dzeko also intentionally handled the ball while on a yellow card

Dreadful performance all round really, but as I said before, he shouldn't have played. He's 35 and carrying an injury.

181 - 200 of 231 Posts