Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Final game of the season is Friday and it has little significance. Kayseri already relegated, Fener already champions. Ffs bring some youngsters and play them. Any thoughts on the season now that it's coming to a close? Honestly I was really worried after we threw away the game in week 1. I thought it was going to be another long season with no success. Also at the start of the second half when we were in a funk I thought Gala would catch us with the momentum they were gathering. Have to credit the never say die attitude that helped us win so many games right at the death. That's what made the difference.

·
Master Debater
20,647 Posts
Final game of the season is Friday and it has little significance. Kayseri already relegated, Fener already champions. Ffs bring some youngsters and play them. Any thoughts on the season now that it's coming to a close? Honestly I was really worried after we threw away the game in week 1. I thought it was going to be another long season with no success. Also at the start of the second half when we were in a funk I thought Gala would catch us with the momentum they were gathering. Have to credit the never say die attitude that helped us win so many games right at the death. That's what made the difference.
Dude you guys never looked like you'd falter in the end. After 4 weeks, even with losing points Fener looked dominate.

·
Master Debater
20,647 Posts
I'm never sure with this team after coming second and losing on the final day multiple times.
It was the depth Fener had compared to BJK and Gala that made me think early on that you guys were shoe ins.

To win the Turkish league you can't just have a good starting 11. Mid season those boring away games in bumble**** downs usually lead to players losing interest.

Having other players breathing down your neck pretty much forces everybody to bring all they have every match. That I think is what makes the difference at the end of the season.

I think Ersun making an example out of Sow early in the year set the tone. Everybody who walked onto that pitch realized they could be benched for fukin around.

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mert, Gokhan, Bekir, Kadlec, Selcuk, Holmen, Cristian, Alper, Sow, Webo

All youngsters on the bench.

·
Registered
14,061 Posts
Disappointing. Hopefully they get some time. He's going to have to sub someone in.

·
Registered
14,061 Posts
The only non-youth player on the bench comes on and now Selcuk is playing CB :howler: :palm:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts