Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another Monday game here. Looks like Gokhan has torn his meniscus so not sure if he will play. Depending on how severe it is, surgery can wait until after the season. Plus we all know how he will try and play through anything. Egemen might miss out again as well. We finally got 3 points in our last away match (although the match was abandoned), and hopefully we can pick up form on away matches. Every game is critical now as we are coming into a tough stretch of games.

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
i dont understand why we are playing monday games when we have teams in this league that are playing mid-week because of Europe? this doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
The only explanation I can come up with is that GS and BJK win and put pressure on FB's Monday game, making it a more exciting spectacle with higher ratings. If FB win on Friday...a lot of people might not bother watching BJK and GS games on the Saturday or Sunday.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
They tend to keep the "big 3" away from playing on the same day. Thats why we have a Monday game this week. Galatasaray has a cup match mid-week, so it was either us or BJK for the Monday slot. Then again, we couldve also played on Friday (tomorrow) but w/e.

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We will win this.
We should, but just like with Erciyes it won't be easy. We have a knack of playing teams when they are in good form. Gaziantep are unbeaten in four, and have played much better since Sergen took over. They were in the relegation zone, now they are 9 points clear of it.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Apparently Gaziantep will have women and children in the stand this week. As for Gokhan's issues with his knee. Wouldn't be shocked if we win the title in the next month he'll be shutdown for the rest of the season.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I got a feeling we'll drop points here, I'm also thinking Kayseri will cause some trouble tonight since they're in real trouble down the bottom. As long as we go to TT arena with a min of 8pt lead i'll be a happy man.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
If we win it could be 11pts, depends on what the outcome of Trabzon - FB will be. I think it's all over now, fat ladies singing. :)

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good news as Egemen and Gokhan might be fit enough to play. Cristian has a groin problem, might make the trip. The team leaves for Gaziantep tomorrow, so we'll see who travels.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Whats the go with him in Turkey? Damn I used to love watching him as a kid. Batigol and Crespo were another two of my favs.

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Volkan Demirel, Mert Günok, Gökhan Gönül, Caner Erkin, Hasan Ali Kaldırım, Bruno Alves, Bekir İrtegün, Egemen Korkmaz, Serdar Kesimal, Mehmet Topuz, Emre Belözoğlu, Raul Meireles, Mehmet Topal, Selçuk Şahin, Alper Potuk, Salih Uçan, Dirk Kuyt, Emmanuel Emenike, Moussa Sow, Pierre Webo

Cristian and Kadlec not taken. Egemen and Gokhan are in the squad, no word on if they will start.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Not sure what time 12.00 MT is but starts at 20.00 local time, which is the normal kick off time on a Monday. (?)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts