Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never easy to go there and get three points so let's see how it goes Saturday. Bad news is there will be no Alper, Salih, or Emenike. Webo will probably start up front and Emre, Topal, and one of Meireles/Cristian in the middle. (Although the latter two have been awful as of late, I would even consider Topuz in there but Ersun won't) Good news for us is that EsEs lack a forward so hopefully they have trouble finding goals.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
What I'm worried this match is that there has been quite few controversial calls whenever we play in Eskişehir. Last year was a prime example where Caner got sent off because he "swore" at Fırat Aydınus after that weasel Veysel hit him in the back of the head. Sezer got elbowed twice in the face and no red card was shown to the two Eskişehir players that elbowed him. Also that penalty they were awarded was garbage.

Mustafa Kamil Abitoğlu is the ref for this game and he was also in charge of the 2009-10 season fixture in Eskişehir. He didn't do a good job reffing that game either. The reason I'm bringing this up is because Caner, Emre, Egemen, and Mehmet Topal are one yellow away from being suspended for a match. Knowing how physical the game is going to be, wouldn't be shocked if Mustafa Kamil Abitoğlu would start giving out cards after 30 minutes.

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
Sorry but big teams don't worry about the ref making bad calls. Little teams complain about poor ref decisions. Caner got sent off because he's done it before and he was warned not to do so. This was really discussed before the match and also in some media outlets as well (stating that in the previous fixture he was given a direct red). So what does he do? He gets another red. Either he's to be blamed or not does not matter, he always runs to the ref like that asswipe GG(who has the same habit of complaining 24/7).

If you are to act that way then be like Emre B and get away with it. Since Caner gets the exact opposite treatment and gets carded right away one would think he would have learned by now

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Volkan Demirel, Mert Günok, Gökhan Gönül, Caner Erkin, Hasan Ali Kaldırım, Bekir İrtegün, Egemen Korkmaz, Bruno Alves, Mehmet Topuz, Samuel Holmen, Mehmet Topal, Selçuk Şahin, Salih Uçan, Raul Meireles, Emre Belözoğlu, Moussa Sow, Dirk Kuyt, Pierre Webo

Emenike and Alper injured, Kadlec and Cristian not taken. I would be content with an Emre, Topal, Salih midfield trio but we will probably see Emre, Meireles, Topal.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Nice to see Holmen making the trip. Wouldn't be shocked if he gets some action this week. If Emre, Meireles, and Topal start in the midfield. That would make sense they are the most match fit of the healthy midfielders we have.

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
I'm just not buying a Holmen and RM and Topal trio. I guess Emre will have to come on at some point. Also looks like Webo just got hurt and we have not alternative for him if thats the case.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts