Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Second half of the league starts for us on Monday with Konyaspor coming to Istanbul. In week 1 we were up 2-0 but they came back to beat us 3-2. Since then, we only suffered one other loss and our play has really improved. Alper is out injured for a few weeks but it looks like Emre may be fit to comeback. If Emre starts, Cristian will be pushed out of the middle three. We should be able to win this one at home with no repeat of our first encounter.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Should be noted that Egeman, Emenike, and Mehmet Topal are one yellow card away from being suspended. Those three have to be careful this week since we have a couple tough road games after this week.

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forgot that Alves left our last friendly with an injury. I think he should be back but no official word yet.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Here is our starting XI: Volkan, Gökhan, Alves, Egemen, Caner, Kuyt, Mehmet Topal, Meireles, Baroni, Sow, Emenike.

Seems that Ersun Yanal left Webo off the 18. This is huge risk to take.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Going from long hair to a buzzcut Caner's ears must be freezing of right now. I know that feeling.:dielaugh:

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Huge goal before halftime. The team looked nervous already after they fell behind but Konya can only withstand so much pressure. They look dangerous with the ball though. Hleb, Gekas both dangerous.

With that said, way too static in midfield. Topal, Meireles, Cristian can't play together unless you are holding a game. Emre for Cristian should give us more creativity.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Emre would help the team a whole lot. He may not be as fast as he was earlier in his career. Emre still has some quickness in his game and can put pressure Konya's midfield.

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
I'm not watching the game but I can imagine what kind of an Aykut Kocaman midfield that is. With Alper and Salih out, we loose that dynamic aspect, that quick burst of energy to create or make the runs kind of play. Those 3 guys are not suited for that role, honestly, better off even putting someone like Caner upfront then. 3 guys who rarely take any risks or have any sort of quick vision. I would take of either RM or Cristian, put in Hasan at LB(or even Topuz) and then move Caner up.

I don't know if its the right game to throw on Emre just yet

1 - 20 of 73 Posts