Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
13,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Galatasaray - V.Manisaspor
Date: 25.02.2006 at 19:00​

After having lost two chances against Malatya and Sivas (both away) to gain some ground on our dearest rivals we now face Vestel Manisaspor at home. We have in front of us, a team that is on fire. They've been climbing the table since the winter break and now they've arrived in front of Turkish giants Galatasaray. If there is anyone we shouldn't underestimate atm, I guess that would be Manisaspor. With the addition of Czech star Zelenka to the squad, it hasn't been quite difficult for them to score in their latest matches. Manisaspor also got a few GS youngsters in their midst. Arda Turan and Zafer Sakar, both midfielders. The presence of both in the opponent squad is sure to bring up mixed feelings in the hearts of GS supporters. Could you imagine if one of them would bring us the final blow?!
But that's merely my mind wandering off. We play at home, so we play for the win. A day before the other Istanbul derby we have to make sure we gain in on the Yellow Canaries. If we win Fener will have the same mindset we had when we played Sivasspor. It would be interesting to see how our rivals cope with that when they play las Guilas Negros.

Considering the bad play of a few players in our last match I expect chances in the line-up. Notably Necati and Heinz are expected to be left out based on their bad performance. However Necati has proven his worth over and over again in the past so chances are he will start anyway. I hope young starlet Aydin is fit enough to replace Heinz who has shown on a couple of occasions he's less than a mediocre wingplayer.
Apart from the form of a few players it has been apparent some players have a problem in keeping their temperament. Our rightback Cihan is a clear example. He got sent off after he floored Sivasspor Atilla Birlik, who according to some, did his best to provoke. Nonetheless the dismissal was just and we will be seeing young Ugur Ucar in Cihan's stead. Also third team captain Hasan Sas has been showing bad temperament in the last few matches. His is more apparent throughout the match, making angry faces and screaming towards opponent players. It's not desirable behavior for a team captain. It makes one wish for the return of the evercalm Ergun, who actually might start before Aydin to keep the calm in the squad. (One shouldn't forget the punishment Orhan got for kicking a dressroom door after a league match. There's something brewing in the team and it doesn't look positive).

Center midfield will probably consist of Ilic and Saidou again. Ilic has been dropping lower more often to help Saidou out but this weakens the connection between the midfield and attack causing less key passing and the creation of goal scoring chances for the strikers. The finishing ability of our prolific striker Umit Karan needs to be fed by Ilic, Hasan and perhaps Ergun in this match. Otherwise we might have to hope for a fluke win.
I think there is no need to discuss central defence, with Tomas and Song forming one of the best barricades in the league. Orhan will be back on the left but I doubt that's a good choice. Although Orhan is physically stronger than his future replacement Ferhat, the latter shows much more maturity and calmness. However Orhan is experienced and will know how to stop his opponent with strong tackling.

Referee: Oktay Demiray, Hakan Atilla Gökbilgin, M.Cem Hanoğlu // Hakan Sivriservi.
Injuries: Yalçın (Galatasaray),
Bans: Cihan
Weather: Rainy. 8 °C

-------------
Form
-------------
Galatasaray
Sivasspor: 0 - Galatasaray: 0
Diyarbakırspor: 0 - Galatasaray: 1
Galatasaray: 6 - Gaziantepspor: 0
Malatyaspor: 1 - Galatasaray: 1
Galatasaray: 5 - Giresunspor: 0

Vestel
Vestel Manisaspor: 3 – Samsunspor: 0
Vestel Manisaspor: 3 – Sivasspor: 1
Gaziantepspor: 1 – Vestel Manisaspor: 1
Ankaragücü: 0 – Vestel Manisaspor: 2
Konyaspor: 1 – Vestel Manisaspor: 1

·
Registered
13,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Last time I read about him on the GS site (monday or tuesday) he was still training apart from the team so he might not be quite matchfit for this one.

Ayhan would do also btw.

·
Registered
13,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you had to choose between Heinz and Ayhan, who would you choose bitch! :fero:

:D

But don't worry, it looks like le starlet est retourné.
Tedavisi tamamlanan Aydın Yılmaz bu sabah takım arkadaşlarına katılırken, Emre Aşık antrenman öncesi başladığı özel çalışmalarına, antrenman sonrasında da devam etti.
Emre Asik still doing some catching up conditionally.

·
Registered
13,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Who are you man? We really don't need this kind of pessimism. As if we don't know what our team did to miss on the advantage..

·
Registered
13,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok. :)

but still no need to state the obvious over and over again don't you agree?

1 - 20 of 90 Posts