Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wish yes!."gol tv cup".a cup with all the libertadores champs to be held on august through december.i just read it on tenfield site.group would be:peñarol,naciomal,vélez and argentinos jrs.this is good thing for all Peñarol fans,to watch again the team on international competition :) ,after one year,and surely for one more without anything (if 12 points deducted are confirmed,we are almost out of sudamericana 06 and libertadores 07)
any of you with gol tv 24 hrs have heard it? (i only have the signal a few hours a week covering italia and france games)

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
that's amazing. But it's not the Same "Supercopa" as before right (the one that was replaced with the MercoSur (i think it was called) and then that turned into the "Sudamericana".

Either way that is awesome.

Oh, btw Chana. I had always heard that in 1985 there was an "Intercontinental Cup, Champions Cup" that Penarol won (it was hosted in Milan).

You wouldnt know where I could get information about that tournament would you?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
:D

"Competencia continental... Peñarol volverá a la competencia internacional entre agosto y diciembre del presente año. El Consejo Directivo aceptó el lunes la invitación de la empresa GOL TV que organiza un campeonato con los veinte campeones de la Copa Libertadores, en el citado mes del presente año. La competencia consistirá en cinco grupos de cuatro equipos, con partidos en condición de locatario y visitante, estilo la anterior Supercopa. Los aurinegros jugarán dos clásicos con Nacional y rivales argentinos en la serie: Argentinos Jrs y Vélez Sarsfield. "

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
great great,i'm just mailing all my friends from estudiantes la plata to cheer against velez and argentinos :tongue: .as you know,estudiantes dans came here to watch last clasico

·
Registered
922 Posts
would be great if this supercopa rivalize with sudamerican and them COMMEBOL starts to organize an competition looking like Copa da Uefa. (Money, organization and motivation for the teams)
What do you think?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
yeah the Cup is officially called "Copa Gol TV". And since it's offering more money than the Sudamericana, the teams might take that one more seriously.

Should be interesting on how Fox tries to fight it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts